• You cannot reply to this topic

AT-4 Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hello, its god to be back its been a while since i visited the forums and im pretty surprised with the upgrade looks better now lol.
Anyway, a couple months ago i flew back from the united states into mexico for vacations and i brought back my marker with me and surprisingly the agents in the border protection department in mexico didnt like the idea of my marker since it is a mil-sim marker so they took it away from me and i havnt gotten it back yet, honestly i dont think ill get it back because i know how they are.
So i have some money saved and the money is not a really big deal for me fortunately so i went around searching for magazine fed markers and ive only found the RAP4 T68 which i had before the government took it from me and the AT-4 which is more expensive and actully looks pretty nice and more solid. I found a version of it tham i really liked and i am thinking about buying it. You can take a look at it here.
Does anybody have any experience with these markers? Are they any good(performance, quality)?

Thank you!

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#2 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

Good to see ya back man! To get to your question the AT series markers have a pretty good reputation as far as I have heard. Their customer service is supposed to be exceptable as well. I would use that over a ©RAP4 marker any day. I have never seen one good word in print about raps hard goods. Their vest aren't half bad but that's it. I would look at the AT 85 because of the forward loader capacity.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

You could try MILSIG (Canadian company) :ninja: I've heard good things about them too, only complaints were from a couple guys I played with saying that if the springs in their clips broke a ball (old paint), then they had to take apart and clean the mag, but I expect that can happen with any clip-fed.

#4 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 16 July 2010 - 12:06 AM, said:

You could try MILSIG (Canadian company) :P I've heard good things about them too, only complaints were from a couple guys I played with saying that if the springs in their clips broke a ball (old paint), then they had to take apart and clean the mag, but I expect that can happen with any clip-fed.

Ive seen those before, they use the same magazines as the t68 by rap4 and those guys are right, one ball brakes in the mag and its a pain in the butt to clean them but other than that looks pretty good although i think ill go for the at 416 by northern command.

Now i have another question does anybody have any experience with northern command website? Are they good? they are the only ones that sell the custom at4 (at416) the website is posted above so you can check it out.

Thanks!

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

From what I read they sound pretty good customer service wise (as does MILSIG), but RAP4 = crap. (cRAP4 as some say)

http://www.getrealpa...nformation.html ... I LOVE the magazine chain feed in the ATs! If I could get that in a MILSIG,I would. It looks like you could never have issues with that, but from what I read regular (and often)maintenance is required for the ATs. I wonder why, since it's Nelson-based.

#6 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 16 July 2010 - 02:20 PM, said:

From what I read they sound pretty good customer service wise (as does MILSIG), but RAP4 = crap. (cRAP4 as some say)

http://www.getrealpa...nformation.html ... I LOVE the magazine chain feed in the ATs! If I could get that in a MILSIG,I would. It looks like you could never have issues with that, but from what I read regular (and often)maintenance is required for the ATs. I wonder why, since it's Nelson-based.

Long time ago i read a good review about the AT guns but i cant find it anymore and for what i read they seem to be pretty good markers but there are not many reviews, documents and specially videos about it so i am trying to find out as much as i can about these markers.

For me RAP4 wasnt that bad i only had a small issue with the gas intake that i fixed with some teflon other than that only 2 ball breakages in magazines which unfortunately have to be taken apart to make them work good again. I have never had real bad issues with rap4 but i really want to try something else.

If you or somebody else can get me any good info on the AT markers besides the website info which i already read that would be awesome.

Thank you!

-X
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

I own an AT-4, and have mixed feelings on them. Initially it was the best marker I had ever owned, amazing firepower and accuracy as well as looks and sound, I could put ball on ball every time at 50-100 feet no problem and with mechanical full auto and the hopper adapter I could rip all day without batteries (except for hopper). It will intimidate, it will awe the new guys, it may even impress the vets. The questions will never end either.

On the down side, mine started to act up and no amount of repair or sending it in could get it working again. Currently it sits in my room, dead, and I don't know what to do with it as it's out of warranty and even the dealer can't seem to fix it. After all I've spent on it already I'm finding it hard to send in to ATS for repair. Maybe it's just my marker and I got a lemon, I hope it is as I read a large number of very positive reviews before I bought it.

So, at least in my case, the AT-4 was one of the best markers I've ever used when it worked, but it didn't work for very long. Again, maybe it's just my marker, so I'd recommend getting second and third and fourth (etc) opinions.

One issue I know to be more than just my marker is a rubber seal on the bolt keeps falling off. Even after having the dealer reattach it, and even after buying a brand new bolt/seal assembly it wouldn't stay on. After talking with a couple other owners I find that in this at least I'm not alone. Without the bolt seal you will lose some efficiency, accuracy, and consistency, and possibly velocity as well. Another thing to consider is ATS does not recommend using CO2 with their markers. While the gas itself would not cause an issue, if any liquid CO2 gets into the marker it could do some damage. It's a very compact but very complicated system inside there.

Bottom line, if you get one that will stay running well, I'd recommend ATS in a heartbeat, but if my marker is the norm for them, I'd stay far away. So like I said, get some other input from other owners because I hope I just got the one-in-a-million that quality control missed...

Bear

This post has been edited by The Bear: 21 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users