• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drum mag Questions Help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FloppyKitten 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Alright well I'll give a little background info quickly. I recently was looking into making my 98c a.c.t mag fed with the Tacamo conversion kit, but I saw that the current mags are only 20 shots. I look to see if there was a drum mag available but to my knowledge there aren't any made at all for paintball.

So basically my question is, could I make a drum mag myself, would that be possible? It would have to work the with the Tacamo mag conversion kit unless there are other ways to make a 98c mag fed. I am not experienced at all with any of these things so I wouldn't know what to do or where to start but I was hoping you guys could help me out. If this was possible I would want to make the gun look like a Tommy Gun, but that is wishful thinking.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

One point people have made is that the spring pressure necessary to feed fifty+ paintballs would be too much and it would break paint in the mag. I'm sure someone could engineer a way around that. But I don't know how myself.

Alternatively RAP4 makes their box mag, it's basically just an inverted electro hopper though. Not actually a mechanical magazine. Hmmm I just remembered the ATS mag design (I think it was them). It was ridiculously complex, it basically had a little chain driven paintball conveyor in it. Somehow it must have been actuated by the cycle of the marker and it would life paintballs out of the mag. With a design like that a mag of any capacity could be made and there would be no pressure on the paintballs. Problem is that because of the wacky chain drive mechanism it wouldn't work with a 98 and a mag kit. You would need an ATS marker designed to work with mags of that type.

Lastly FN Herstal, they're actually a arms manufacturer. They dabled in paintball though to make their FN 303. Mechanically it's a paintball gun, they aren't marketed for recreational purposes though, they're designed and sold as less lethal riot control weapons to military and law enforcement. Point is they have a drum type magazine. I think it's only fifteen shots anyway though, so I suppose even if you could somehow adapt the design to a RAP 4 mag it wouldn't solve your problem.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I wonder why no one has made a gearbox-fed mag? Think of a clock with gears. Each time the bolt slides back, it moves the gear and drops in another ball. I mean, I am no engineer, and I couldn't design it, but I wonder if the principle is sound...

They basically did something along this line when they made machine guns on WW1 biplanes. The guns were geared so that they would not fire when the propellor was directly in front of the barrel.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I saw this and thought, "modified Q-loader". Be a pain to modify and fill, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users