• You cannot reply to this topic

Multi Purpose Going Broadsword Too Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Having been a sniper for awhile and having a real interest in military snipers as well I have dug into the real life requirements of what it takes to be a real life sniper and I have found an interesting guideline the military looks for to find potential snipers.

"Well capable and knowledgeable infantryman."

So I asked myself, can this apply to paintball? Then I remembered other guys flak about pb snipers "All they do is camp/hide/snipe."

So immediately almost the answer was "Yes!"

This was a chance for me to have more fun playing paintball.

So I took a look a positions I seem to enjoy and weaponry I enjoy on video games like COD4 and Ghost Recon. Knowing this was a mental thing and not physical I could see where my head was as far as talent if you want to call it that. One stood out above all others aside from being a sniper.

Heavy gunner. The human heavy duty, piledriving, fear factory of the infantry special-ops world. The one guy that when he cuts loose he always manages to make a few shout bad words as they duck for cover. lol

He is the one man Rapid Show of Force aka Shock and Awe.

So after seeing that I'm going Broadsword/Sniper. I'm buying an A5 as I type this. It will be brand new and it's on a payment plan at a local shop. I pay it off and they give me the marker. The no debt approach. It will have RT and will have all the needed updates and he will put on the extra large fittings and hoses for easier tuning. The shop is very reputable it does a whole lot of business on a weekly basis.

I traded in my 98 as well, I felt I could use an upgrade as a whole so that's what I'm doing. My vest I can stuff 4 140 round pods in and I'll be getting 2 Special Ops Leg Pouches so I can carry 4 more 140 round pods. I have a remote as well and I'm going to get an expansion chamber and a thread converter to use one of my old upgrade barrels too.

So any basic tips for me?

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#2 User is offline   KILLSWITCH 

• OSF
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:K1LLSWITCH

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

heading in the right direction with the pods and stuff but im a big fan of the vest you usually have to carry a lot of paint so the vest takes most the load plus you going to need a lot of air

#3 Guest_Idea_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

I am going to buy a Broadsword Vest from SpecialOps. That will let me hold 1,500 rounds. I'm also buying a 350 round hopper. That allows me to hold 1,850 rounds. Now my tank is only a 114c.i. 3,000p.s.i. tank. It will only yield 1,400 shots. This is something you have to look at as a Broadsword. What's the point of carrying 1,850 rounds when I can only shoot 1,400? To solve this I made an air tank leg harness. Now I'm looking to buy a 72c.i. 3,000p.s.i. air tank to put in that. This way I'm not carrying extra, pointless weight.

Us Broadswords do alot of crawling. This means you want your marker to have a low profile. I would reccomend getting the A-5A2 Air-through kit. This will help your low profile. Runing remote is almost a neccesity in the ranks of the Broadsword. I would also say you should buy a "jumbo" hopper for your A-5, that way you can maintain constant suppresive fire for longer. Last but not least is getting a barrel. You should look into the Flatline or Apex. With those barrels you can hammer away at the opponet from a distance.

One skill to definetely help is being to reload fast and without looking. It is crucial to your survuval in firefights.

#4 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

Broadsword- The one who can make a few shout bad words as they duck. With hundreds of rounds.
Sniper- The one who can make millions curse as their commander falls. With one shot.

This post has been edited by Match99: 10 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

#5 Guest_Idea_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

View PostMatch99, on Apr 10 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

Broadsword- The one who can make a few shout bad words as they duck. With hundreds of rounds.
Sniper- The one who can make millions curse as their commander falls. With one shot.

Do you know anything about the Broadsword position? Or even the Sniper position?

#6 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

As a broadsword, a flatline or apex barrel might be nice. If you plan on going real heavy with the paint, you might also want a 450 rd hopper.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   CHICKINDUDE 

• CAP'N CHICKIN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHICKINDUDE

Post icon  Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

:ghillie:

View PostSteel Tiger, on Apr 20 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

As a broadsword, a flatline or apex barrel might be nice. If you plan on going real heavy with the paint, you might also want a 450 rd hopper.

Yeah good idea! Im also a broadsword/sniper (I call me a goast gunner)
When you do this you want to even out beteween the two. for example a 450 round hopper will rattle all the time and it's hard to cammo that HUDGE tumor on the gun (Not to mention when you're crawling you cant see half the fild) I say the X7 hopper is Juuuust right in all 3 catagorys. The main thing with a "Goast gunner" Is like a "Goast flanker"...Just with a TON of ammo! I sugest you go into weights to work you're legs, so you dont get slown down by the ammo and crap you got. The broadsword vest is Awsome! (I had mine for 3 years) and It's perfict for makeing the hevy load a LOT lighter. I also have an A5
but I made my A5 INTO A Specops A5a2. Flatlines or Apex berrels are good mostly for how the shots dont go in an arch but in a strait line. May I also sugest the Specops action ghilly in Omnipat! It's awsome! becuse after crawling with that 50 pound backpack gets hot!... Unless you make a Action ghilly suit. It works better than traditional burlap suits. (I have one and I've done tests to prove it!) I made mine on a Omnipat Jersy and 1 omnipat density upgrade (I bought 2 but all I needed was one...) A hood kit from specops and a riffle rag.... put that together and a decent shot.... You got a stelthy Mo-fo who can stay on the fild for DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S. My pics are only my half done suit).....Im going to buy more latter :ghillie:

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Crop1.JPG (166.84K)
    Number of downloads: 6
  • Attached File  Crop2.JPG (221.9K)
    Number of downloads: 7
  • Attached File  Crop3.JPG (160.78K)
    Number of downloads: 9

Ghost Gunner! (The counter sniper.)

#8 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostIdea, on Apr 3 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

I am going to buy a Broadsword Vest from SpecialOps. That will let me hold 1,500 rounds. I'm also buying a 350 round hopper. That allows me to hold 1,850 rounds. Now my tank is only a 114c.i. 3,000p.s.i. tank. It will only yield 1,400 shots. This is something you have to look at as a Broadsword. What's the point of carrying 1,850 rounds when I can only shoot 1,400? To solve this I made an air tank leg harness. Now I'm looking to buy a 72c.i. 3,000p.s.i. air tank to put in that. This way I'm not carrying extra, pointless weight.

Us Broadswords do alot of crawling. This means you want your marker to have a low profile. I would reccomend getting the A-5A2 Air-through kit. This will help your low profile. Runing remote is almost a neccesity in the ranks of the Broadsword. I would also say you should buy a "jumbo" hopper for your A-5, that way you can maintain constant suppresive fire for longer. Last but not least is getting a barrel. You should look into the Flatline or Apex. With those barrels you can hammer away at the opponet from a distance.

One skill to definetely help is being to reload fast and without looking. It is crucial to your survuval in firefights.

im not 100% sure but i think the broadsword vest only holds up to a 92 ci tank i wish it held morre but oh well

View PostCHICKINDUDE, on May 1 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

:)

View PostSteel Tiger, on Apr 20 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

Yeah good idea! Im also a broadsword/sniper (I call me a goast gunner)
When you do this you want to even out beteween the two. for example a 450 round hopper will rattle all the time and it's hard to cammo that HUDGE tumor on the gun (Not to mention when you're crawling you cant see half the fild) I say the X7 hopper is Juuuust right in all 3 catagorys. The main thing with a "Goast gunner" Is like a "Goast flanker"...Just with a TON of ammo! I sugest you go into weights to work you're legs, so you dont get slown down by the ammo and crap you got. The broadsword vest is Awsome! (I had mine for 3 years) and It's perfict for makeing the hevy load a LOT lighter. I also have an A5
but I made my A5 INTO A Specops A5a2. Flatlines or Apex berrels are good mostly for how the shots dont go in an arch but in a strait line. May I also sugest the Specops action ghilly in Omnipat! It's awsome! becuse after crawling with that 50 pound backpack gets hot!... Unless you make a Action ghilly suit. It works better than traditional burlap suits. (I have one and I've done tests to prove it!) I made mine on a Omnipat Jersy and 1 omnipat density upgrade (I bought 2 but all I needed was one...) A hood kit from specops and a riffle rag.... put that together and a decent shot.... You got a stelthy Mo-fo who can stay on the fild for DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S. My pics are only my half done suit).....Im going to buy more latter :ghillie:

i love that idea of a ghost gunner its BRILLIANT!!
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#9 User is offline   Weasle 

• Elite Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Weasle

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

That is incorrect about the tank size.

I have 4 different kinds of broadsword vest (digi, omni, elite weekend, and older version digi vest) and they all hold my 114 CU tank nicely. The pouch has plenty of room, it is just with a 114 tank your ends stick out more than a 92 as it is longer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users