• You cannot reply to this topic

How Great is Opsgear? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

I was going to put this in the rants topic, but I felt it needed to be read, and not just posted over. I'd like to play some prevent defense for you guys if you order from this company; to keep you from going through what I am experiencing with them.

So here it is, my *OPSGEAR* rant......

I ordered some stuff on Opsgear on the 10th of this month. A shroud, and a front grip, looking to dress up the ol' A-5. I put the order in, paid, got the confirmation email, and played the ever-so-annoying-wait-for-what-Brown-can-do-for-you Game.

A week passed, no package; granted, I knew that the 2500 or so ought miles the package had to travel from Salt Lake to Virginia was going to take a bit. It always does.

A few days more pass. I got my Multicam top and Canteen Cover (for my air, will post pics later), and my mag kit, but NO Opsgear package. At this point I'm getting a bit antsy. It's Wednesday and I wanted to convert my A-5A2 for the big game on Saturday. I finally decided to fire off an email to the customer service department, asking (at this point, still cordially) why my package hadn't arrived, and if it had even shipped.

I got an email confirmation stating "Thanks for your email, we'll get back to you shortly" or some bull like that. The next day, I get a most-likely automated email generated with my tracking number for UPS. I check it, and it says it was shipped on the 22nd, and was scheduled to arrive on the 29th. I hit the roof. The day I sent the mail asking why I hadn't gotten my package was the same day they shipped it.

They billed my bank account as soon as I ordered it. But yet, waited 2 weeks to ship it. I decided to let my feelings be disclosed, and sent yet another mail, this time longer and more heated, albeit still polite. I stated that I was very unapproving of the way I was served as a customer, and if I wasn't offered a reason as to why events occured as they did, that I would never shop there again, and that I'd spread their reputation around.

The next email was almost identical to the tracking number email, as if to say, "here's your number, shut up and leave us alone." At this point, if my hair were long enough I'd have ripped it out.

So here I am now, ranting to my peers and friends, about how Opsgear wronged me, and showed their true colors. As any customer would want, I only desired to be treated like another human being, instead of just another number.

A few Years ago, I ordered from them frequently. I never had a problem until they expanded, and sold more products to a larger spectrum of customers. Has anyone had problems like this with them? A massive delay on an order, and then no excuse for it?

Thanks for listening....

-Apex
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

#2 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

A lot of these stories are making me happy I don't order from them anymore.

no point in it for me
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#3 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

Yes.

And this story is why I will NOT be ordering from them anymore. Too bad, they do have some pretty cool products. But customer service is what will kill them. We may be the little people, but in numbers, we are legion.

And an angry legion will lower sales.

This post has been edited by Apexius: 26 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

I ordered once a few months ago and had no problems at all.

However I have yet to find a "good" online company. (well, minus Tippmann)

TechT, E-tippmann, Opsgear, SpecailOps... All are severely lacking in customer support.

I've had the displeasure of dealing with TechT. They reply to emails with useless info or repeated questions til you get enough and give up. (requested 1 item, never got it even though they said they would send it)
E-Tippmann does not list a phone number so you are forced to send Emails. Only problem, they don't reply to them. (placed 3 orders, all 3 came fast and correct) I had to PM E-Tippmann on the A5OG forum. That worked for me, but others say his inbox filled up and they couldn't contact him.
Opsgear.... I only place one order and it came and was correct. Never had to email them, thank God.
SpecailOps.. Never placed an order, but I've dealt with their customer service. It's lacking

Tippmann. Wow, that sums them up. If you have a problem, they care and will see it's fixed. You can also call them and talk to actual people. They have helped me fix my gun more than once, and they also send me free parts when something breaks. After sending them 8 items for repair, all 8 were repaired and I ONLY paid shipping one way. (THANKS GUYS!) I also requested items about 5 separate times. 4/5 times they sent me the correct parts, the 5th time they messed up and sent me the wrong stuff. but that's probably because I didn't describe what I needed well enough over the phone and they thought I meant something else. Tippmann gets a 15/10 on customer service and shipping. I guess that's why I still run with an A-5

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 27 October 2008 - 02:19 AM

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   massbrandon 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpljean

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

Wow man that stinks. I have had a ton of orders with opsgear and never had a problem with one of them. I have placed close to 10+ orders and they have all run smoothly. I always choose the upgraded shipping though. I am not sure if thats where the problem lies or what.

#6 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

MassBrandon,

Yea, I usually choose expedited shipping whereever I buy, but I thought that 2 1/2 weeks would be enough time :-P

And SpudCrushr,

Tippmann does have great customer service. That's why I still shoot Tippies.

But the issue here is, regardless of how many good ships Opsgear has had, this blatant disrespect warranted this rant.

#7 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:01 AM

I placed 2 orders from opsgear, both took along time to get to me. I am pretty sure that is just because it has to cross the border.

I agree with you that online company's for the mos part have crappy customer service. I placed an order with spec-ops a long time ago, i accidentally chose the wrong marker it was going on. So i returned it for store credit, but a month after i sent i had not heard anything so i gave them a call and was told 'oh ya its here you have a credit'.(great communication skills guys) a little while later i wanted to place an order and i called up SO wondering how to use my credit online and was informed that i had no credit. so i will probably never order from SO again.

#8 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, I've NEVER had a problem from OpsGear. It's the only online site I buy from, besides the SO forums and Ebay. Standard shipping has always worked just fine.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

I find it amusing how some people always seem to get crappy service from some companies. It's almost as if the companies red flag certain people/products just to "abuse" them.

My corporate nemesis is Bell Canada. I've got friends and family that swear Bell is the greatest for everything. Yet I constantly got over charged on my bills, couldn't add/remove services from the phone and even if I paid my bill 2 weeks early (on line no less) they got it late. The only Bell item I now have is my cell phone and that's through their subsidiary company Solo. Main reason being is that they have the 10-4/Push to talk phones which are great for the wife and I if we're out and get separated. It's $1.00 a day for the PTT vs $0.40/min and if we're out of town there's no long distance charge. As soon as one of the other carries has an in expensive PTT phone I'm switching.

Ops Gear? Haven't bought anything from them so I can't comment. I know Special Ops had some issues late last year and early this year due to lay offs and restructuring but they seem to have a handle on it now with just the odd problem. Perhaps Ops Gear is starting to feel the pinch and had to make some lay offs as well?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

I've only ordered 1 item from Opsgear- it took a much longer than the promised time to get to me, I had to contact them several times and was given incorrect information, and the customer service was simply very poor. I was not happy, but not the worst situation. Several friends and players I know have ordered from them as well, and most were generally pleased. Two, however, had problems with getting the orders correct, double-billing, and it took well over several months for them to get the situations properly rectified. I won't call them a bad company, but like too many online-only retailers, they need some real help in customer service and QC- quality control, mostly in their order taking and processing systems.

I don't buy from them, generally, because they don't offer the best prices and value, often have things out of stock/on backorder, and partially due to the issue I had with them.

This post has been edited by Violator: 27 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#11 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, I ordered some stuff for christmas last year from SO and some of it came pretty late, like a Redz pack that took more than a month, and the christmas stocking that I got after christmas ( I placed the order in Nov). Not that their cust serv is bad, just took way too long to restock.

I'm happy that the Companies that I (have) own markers have good CS: Tippmann, CCI, and Tiberius. I also like wevo, they have good prices and fast service even though they are a small Co. I can not say enough good things about CCI, Mike (the sole owner/operator) is incredibly helpful. I also needed help installing my e-trigger in my 98C and the phone rep helped me well.

#12 User is offline   slayerjake 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

What type of shiping did you get? Unless you get expidited or better you shouldn't expect it to be that fast. Usually they tell you how long shipping will take and its within that limit. If you want it fast, pay more for shipping. Barnes and Noble is the only good online store for shipping. They AMAZE me.

#13 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

That is very weird man. Back when I use to order from Opsgear, I would place an order, and the stuff would be at my house 3 days later. This happened 3 times. I never had a problem with them. And I live in PA, farther away than Virginia.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#14 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

slayerjake, on Oct 27 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

What type of shiping did you get? Unless you get expidited or better you shouldn't expect it to be that fast. Usually they tell you how long shipping will take and its within that limit. If you want it fast, pay more for shipping. Barnes and Noble is the only good online store for shipping. They AMAZE me.

I could have gotten the $1.00 molasses shipping and it would have gotten here on time.....IF THEY WOULD HAVE SHIPPED IT, in a timely manner. The fact was, I ordered on the 10th, and they shipped it on the 22nd or so, the day I poked and prodded at them. As if, they completely forgot about my order.

It's definitely a slip-up on their part. They didn't forget to BILL ME though :-P

#15 User is offline   slayerjake 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:05 AM

If you don't pay for faster shipping 99.9% of stores aren't going to process your order right away. They give priority to the people who pay for faster shipping, and the people who don't don't get their order processed fast. Don't take it personally, every store does it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users