• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Palmer female buying tips Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   skralogist 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

I have an a-5 and was looking to buy the complete palmer female kit that bolts under the grip. numerous retailers sell these kits but they all try to be tricky how they make money of them.
Special ops marks theirs at $130 while palmer marks theirs at $120
but the deal breaker is the optional grip adaptor that are not offered in the two packages.
SPecial ops wants $12.95 and palmer wants $20.
I talked to one of the guys at special ops to see if the adaptor is included in their kit, since it seems logical since the two kits are only $10 different and spec ops is offering the adaptor for $12. And after arguing with them about how they should offer it to me for free since their site is misleading (actually uses 98 c for the part description)But no it is not included. I also talked to palmer and they told me they are just marking up the price since they buy it off them for $120.

So it turns out to be cheaper to get everything through palmer even with a $20 adaptor. The shipping would have been too high to pick and pull from each site.

so at a cool $170.00 (including gauge) i bought it and it is on the way.

hope this has been helpful to anyone trying to do the same thing.

This post has been edited by skralogist: 30 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

#2 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

I would say just go to Palmer's. I have nothing but praises for them & their parts. The one time I had a problem with a part, I called and they sent what I needed, without making me return & wait. They are a small, family run company and make some of the highest quality products around. Buying a Palmer's anywhere will support the company, but going straight to them is better in my opinion.

P.S. The gauge is nice, but not really needed to set it up. Also, you could buy a male stabilizer & mount it straight into the tombstone. That would save a few bucks I think, but it won't look quite as nice.
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#3 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, I would have gone for the male stab too, I like the look better. I just deal with PPS directly.

I will probably not buy many things from SO, since they only make a few things themselves that I have any interest in, they mostly resell.

#4 User is offline   skralogist 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

View Postslowerpig81, on Oct 31 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

Yeah, I would have gone for the male stab too, I like the look better. I just deal with PPS directly.

I will probably not buy many things from SO, since they only make a few things themselves that I have any interest in, they mostly resell.

I dont really care about looks I wanted a system that I can move to any place I want to in the future. I did go through palmer only and they were pretty cool, only 1 day to get my kit, but they forgot a piece which I should get today.

#5 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:43 AM

View Postskralogist, on Nov 1 2008, 11:21 AM, said:

I did go through palmer only and they were pretty cool, only 1 day to get my kit, but they forgot a piece which I should get today.

That's interesting. Not sure what's going on there. The problem I mentioned was with a tank fill adapter. The pin depressor was missing. I called them, and they sent one out really quickly. I will say, they take care of any problems, and the shipping they use (usually USPS) is really fast.

Well, once you get it installed, you won't regret it. For best results with a stabilizer, keep your gun & tanks either at outside temperature, or a bit warmer if you can.
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users