• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Snipers using grenades? discuss Rate Topic: -----

#16 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:00 AM

Grenades coul definately come in handy (especialy if a large squad approaches your positon)
i could see how the smokes could come in handy (especialy big scenarios) not only to run but also for distraction of the enemy

#17 User is offline   speedemon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:speedemon

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

yes i carry a nade ima sniper sometimes the field asks me to be a med rifleman though so ill use the nade then bkz not all battelfields ane good sniper havens some are flat and not much cover so u have to improvise become a med rifleman and chuck that nade!!!

#18 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

smoke granades would work great as a distraction. what it the apposing squade is reluctant to leave your position? you could have a smoke granade wedged in a log or something and a long pull string. just pull the string and watch the confusion.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#19 User is offline   Pimpman 

• say hello to my little friend
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:swissblade

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

why not whatever gets the job done

#20 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

I think haveing one could be usefull is some situations. If you see a big group comeing to you and you can quietly unwrap and ready it you may be able to eliminate them all at once. But how oftern does that happen.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#21 User is offline   Devilhunter 

• remember kids, X + C4 always equals zero
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DevilHunter

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

id take them. its not like a paint grenade adds noticeable weight, and its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
Once you hear the shot, it's already too late... A5 Sniper
95% of people with a flatline think it makes the gun more inaccurate. if you are the other 5% who take the time to sit down and tune it right put this in your sig.

#22 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

• I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

when i play sniper i always bring grenades with me. thats because ive been in situations where there was a large opfor coming my way, and i knew i couldnt eliminate all of them before they got me. so id get ready and lob the grenade, then id start sooting. sometimes itll work really well, but sometimes ill get a bad toss, or they will move before the grenade goes off.
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.

#23 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

i usually bring grenades with me. if there are buildings i try to crawl up through the grass to them when someones inside and bomb a nade through the window
A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#24 User is offline   Terriss 

• I am the ghillie cowboy.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Terriss

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

I usually bring a grenade onto the field with me. I don't ever use it, actually only recall one time I had to use it, but boy was it nice to have.

98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

Writer's Unite! Join the UFWU! (Unofficial Facebook Writer's Union).

#25 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

A military sniper/spotter team would use a smoke grenade to break contact/engagement with the enemy. Some spotters are armed with M203 launchers to break off enemy contact with the sniper. In a typical engagement, the spotter would lay down suppression fire, allowing the sniper to fall back. At some point the sniper would pop smoke between the enemy and spotter to cover the spotter's retreat. If you had time to set some mines on the way to your AO and noted where you placed these, mines could be helpful in impeding any further pursuit by the enemy as the sniper and spotter escaped. With a little ingenuity, a paintball sniper could improvise military sniper tactics to paintball fairly easily, and given the shorter distances and increased likelihood of enemy contact in paintball, probably find these tactics useful quite often.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   BIG SKI 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIG SKI

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

grenades are a great way to cause just enough havoc to a large group to give you just enough time to get the heck out of dodge.

live to fight another day! :ghillie:
*"thats just a bush, not a sni..." *WHACK* "never mind."
*92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig.
*If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.

#27 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

Actually, when you think about it a bit, a grenade fired from an M203 type launcher might be more useful to a paintball sniper than shooting paintballs, especially if faced with a group. Paintball grenade launchers are a little more difficult to aim, but with some practice, a paintball sniper using a grenade launcher instead of paintballs might do a lot to improve his odds of success.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

I thought the paintball grenade launchers only shot a shotgun style sprea? if they actually lob nedes too, im so getting one. Back on topic, yes, carry a grenade. Smoke can help distract or cover your escape, and a paint grenade would be useful for large OPFORs. Lay mines ahead of time if you know that there will be a large squad coming through that area.
The Free 19th.

#29 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

View PostKontract Killa, on Sep 26 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

I thought the paintball grenade launchers only shot a shotgun style sprea? if they actually lob nedes too, im so getting one. Back on topic, yes, carry a grenade. Smoke can help distract or cover your escape, and a paint grenade would be useful for large OPFORs. Lay mines ahead of time if you know that there will be a large squad coming through that area.

There's a couple of places now that make rocket shaped paintball grenades (someone else posted pictures in another thread), and you can always use a sabot for other paintball grenades, including homemade versions. The grenade launchers aren't very quiet, but that goes for a lot of sniper rifles.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   tippmann553 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippmann553

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

grenades could definetly be used by a sniper, you may encounter a group of guys behind a bunker so you cant effectively eliminate them
L33t H4ck

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users