Special Ops Paintball: Where did all the paintballers go? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where did all the paintballers go? Where did all the paintballers go Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

I would have to say for me is the expense. I have been struggling lately because of school and flight lessons. I'm going to school to be a pilot so every extra dime I have goes toward that. I really wish paintball was not so expensive. Another reason is it is hard to get my friends to go anymore, but there reason is similar to mine. It's all about the money around here. All my friends and I have just been pinched for cash. Although I am slowly kinda lightin a fire under my friends butts to get them out there again and it's starting to work lol. I hope to get back out within the next couple weeks.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

For me it is a combination of the economy and life. I got laid off last year in Feb and just recently got a permanent full time position. Last year I also took an EMT class that took away my Saturdays and I got married. Making wedding preparations and taking an EMT class at the same time just is not conductive to weekend activities. My wife and I also have a little one on the way due in July. Even though I help out at the field from time to time I still have to justify spending any extra money on the sport.

#18 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Also, I do believe a large number of us were sent to Hogwarts... At least the group I go with was at HarrtPotter land in Florida last time I wanted to go...
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#19 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

It's been a time issue for me. I just graduated college this month, so time will tell if that means I have more time or less time to play. Hopefully it means I have a bigger budget soon... to match my higher expenses... :dry:

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 09 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Life is all about priorities... if paintball is too far down on the list it may not get much time. Wife, kid, house, cars, career, etc... all take up a lot of my time and/or money. I choose to make paintball a big enough priority (not over any of the above) to get to play at least 10-12 times a year & my wife is ok w/ that :D.

Congrats on the impending birth DSHy! That definitely takes a huge chunk of time/money - my son delayed my time in the sport for a couple of years.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#21 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

All my friends quit playing. And our outlaw field privileges were revoked (not due to bad behavior....just paranoia). And it costs too much to play at a commercial field. Someone said minimum of $60/day? Outlaw cost me less than $20! Yeah, I will be spending my time dreaming about playing.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#22 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Its money. Wait till the recession ends, and people will start trickling back. We also were in a boom in 2007, as everyone probably already knows. Between money and an artificially large population of players, we lost a bunch after the boom ended and recession hit.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#23 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 10 May 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Someone said minimum of $60/day?

That was me, and I was counting gasoline to/from the field at current pricing, entry fee, and a bag of field paint.

Take away the gas factor (since that varies from person to person), and it's like $35-40/day with a bag of paint, $80-85/day with a case of paint instead.
Member of Team Akkadian

#24 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

when my job went away i didnt have any more cash to play. feeding a double trouble is expensive. heck, i used to play every single weekend! nowadays im just waiting till i get money coming in to play again. i've been out once or twice this year when i got the itch, but it's definitely a cash issue.

also, i dont mind players tailing off. it weeds out a lot of jerks. i remember at certain fields having 3 or 4 teams of complete buttwipes on certain days... and nowadays it's back to walk ons, some good honest players, and the worthy teams. not saying some dont still act up or cheat, but the 'tude is melting away from alot of places.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#25 User is offline   Descartes 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

Perhaps this is a incorrect correlation but the poor economy coupled with the incredible boom in call of duty franchise may have taken some fringe players. This, at-least, i have found to true with some of my friends. They rather just sit around and play black ops for hours on the weekends rather than go through the hassle of transport, cost and time invested in the paintballing experience.

#26 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

View PostDescartes, on 11 May 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

Perhaps this is a incorrect correlation but the poor economy coupled with the incredible boom in call of duty franchise may have taken some fringe players. This, at-least, i have found to true with some of my friends. They rather just sit around and play black ops for hours on the weekends rather than go through the hassle of transport, cost and time invested in the paintballing experience.

An excellent point. How many kids wanna go out and do physical stuff these days...? Why not live your dream life through a video game instead of doing something with physical exertion? And with the prevalence of online gaming, people can still go head to head with other people without leaving the couch. Let's face it, society is getting lazier...
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#27 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Good point .I didn't think of that.My boys play that a lot.We have to ration it out.Their friends come and play.When their alotted time is done the "friends disappear".That was right under my nose.We need to do a black ops scenerio ,Huh?

#28 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

View Postchasbronson, on 17 May 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

Good point .I didn't think of that.My boys play that a lot.We have to ration it out.Their friends come and play.When their alotted time is done the "friends disappear".That was right under my nose.We need to do a black ops scenerio ,Huh?

To add to this "lazy factor"they don't have to pay to play videos either.Most of these kids have disappeared during the building and maintenance of the paintball field too.They would ride up and down the road while myself and (four young men)13-19 are working on the field.A lot of kids don't want to work for what they get.Paintball does require effort to get off the couch.Someone suggested that we place a bunch of couches on the field and let everyone pick their couch and play there.He said we would probably get more players that way.We did have a couch on our old field it did get played a good bit,Til the winter got to it!

#29 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

Not to be redundant, but it is the economy.

Each paintball that I shoot costs me 4- cents. That means that one game can cost me 8 dollars if I use a full hopper =(

This post has been edited by Scavies: 09 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#30 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I try not to think of the cost of going out and having fun. It's my only escape from the clutches of reality.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users