• You cannot reply to this topic

What is that thing? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SPARTAN CMDR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN CMDR

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

I am a Dagger and would like to know what that thing on the Dagger's gun in the positions section of this site that turns the Co2 around 180 degrees so its under the gun. I want to know what it is called and where I can buy it for a 98c. Thanks

#2 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=29685

That will help you.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#3 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

I strongly recommend you do not go this route. I have done it myself and, although it's nice to be small and tight like that, you lose a ton of accuracy, especially snapshot accuracy. If you doubt me, ask yourself how many pro speedball players or good woodsball players you see using this?

This post has been edited by ThirdI: 08 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

#4 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

I have never used it, but he is my um.... Elite Dagger brethren?, so I will agree with him.

This post has been edited by french t0ast: 08 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#5 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

just get a remote and it will be a lot easier to handle your gun without the co2 in the way.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#6 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

Daggers should not go remote. It slows you down. A good drop-forward should do. Not too big though; I prefer drop-forwards when they move the tank 2-3 inches forward and 1-2 inches down. Having a reverse ASA essentially perfects the marker's center of gravity, but most of us are used to shooting accurately with the tank out back. I have trouble shooting 98's with reverse ASA's, though I have only done it once. They feel almost, front heavy :panzer:

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 10 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

#7 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

View PostThirdI, on Jul 9 2007, 12:53 AM, said:

I strongly recommend you do not go this route. I have done it myself and, although it's nice to be small and tight like that, you lose a ton of accuracy, especially snapshot accuracy. If you doubt me, ask yourself how many pro speedball players or good woodsball players you see using this?

Speed ballers do not use it because it does hurt snapshot accuracy when kneeling for sure. However any other situation I do not think it hurts accuracy at all, and since I normally get complimented on my ability to snap shot (granted a reverse tank a-5 is one of three guns I actively use) I'm going to say that it all comes down to practice and practice. The reverse tank makes the gun more mobile and the most important thing is that it makes running easier. Now if your going to be playing in a game thats 90% speed ball, or a game of speed ball I can see why having a reverse tank is bad. But for those woods ball games where you are going to be expected to do a flag run the reverse tank can do wonders.

As for the remote line, if your playing anywhere but in like a desert with no vegetation don't get one.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#8 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

Unimount ASA's are ideal if that's what you want. But I suspect it's not... This is one of the few times when I wonder what SpecOps was smoking. Maybe with like a 9 or 3.5 oz. CO2 tank, but a 68/45?
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#9 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MasterLint

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

Snapshot accuracy? Dude, the way to get that at all is to practice(as previously stated by Bielerga). Someone can have the best marker in the world, but if they don't know how to use it, they're gonna get pwned. But the usefulness of having your air forward exists only in woodsball. In speedball it's pretty much scuicide.

#10 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:49 AM

i don't see how it can hurt snapshot accuracy - only snapshot speed. however if you adjust how you hold your marker to pivot it around the new center of mass when snapshooting it should actually speed up the motion since the inertia is reduced with a more compact setup like this.

#11 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

Inertia will not be to big of a difference as with the lowering in mass you will increase the velocity and thus end up with somewhere in the ballpark. The reason it hurts snapshot accuracy is because of the tension in the coil. The tension that remote lines have is great (at least in my experience) and its hard to overlook that. Because while the gun is lighter and you can move it fast the resistant of the remote line is huge. Thats also not taking into account the rather great probability that your remote line wont get tangled, snagged, or caught up on something. Also if you don't have a stock and are using a remote line it will take a ton more practice to stabilize your maker quickly to get the consistent shot we all want.

#12 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

View PostBielerga, on Jul 12 2007, 09:15 AM, said:

Inertia will not be to big of a difference as with the lowering in mass you will increase the velocity and thus end up with somewhere in the ballpark. The reason it hurts snapshot accuracy is because of the tension in the coil. The tension that remote lines have is great (at least in my experience) and its hard to overlook that. Because while the gun is lighter and you can move it fast the resistant of the remote line is huge. Thats also not taking into account the rather great probability that your remote line wont get tangled, snagged, or caught up on something. Also if you don't have a stock and are using a remote line it will take a ton more practice to stabilize your maker quickly to get the consistent shot we all want.

I was talking about the reverse tank not a remote line :rolleyes:
reverse tank pulls the mass in closer to the center reducing inertia and making a compact easy to handle package.
i don't use a reverse tank but i do have my tank centered under my grip. which places the center of mass on the grip rather than behind it.

remote line is a whole nother story - i don't like then at all, too restrictive.

#13 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

ah, daggerburn you got me!

#14 User is offline   undividedattention 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CorpsmanBravo

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

i think you are referring to the reverse drop forward.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users