Special Ops Paintball: MP7 kit for the A5 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

MP7 kit for the A5 Idea?

Poll: MP7 kit for the A5 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think

1. AWESOME (34 votes [60.71%])

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

2. Not really but ok (14 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. NO (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote

#16 User is offline   Delta11 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

View PostThalion, on Jun 18 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

MP7 is a really impractical gun. Smaller caiber than even the 5.7x28 found in the P90.

As for milsim, I don't see a way to take an A5 and make a "drop in" MP7 kit. It'd take some work to make it look even close.

It still has the armor piercing capabilities of a 5.7x28 round and a 7.62x25 round.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#17 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

cool idea but it wouldn't work because the A-5 is longer then the MP-7. so the mod wouldn't be balanced and there would be next to no barrel. however if you were to make a new gun altogether it would bee the coolest ting ever
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#18 User is offline   Master_Sniper 

• Putting the "chool" in "School"
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Master_Sniper

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

More like a Tiberius T10. :mellow: :(

This post has been edited by Master_Sniper: 21 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

IPB Image#22

#19 User is offline   Scrogges 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SCROGGES

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

You know what i want to know How do you but airsoft gun parts SECURELY on a paintball gun hmmmm if i knew it would be done like that.

#20 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

It looks awsome and would be super munoverable

Tippman owners group #35

#21 User is offline   Scrogges 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SCROGGES

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

dude comon this is an awesome idea ethier this or a GOOD MP5A4 kit
And wouldn,t it be a little cheap feeling if it were a airsoft kit

For those fartnuggets how dont know what a mp5a4 is

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Scrogges: 09 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

#22 User is offline   mrmdano 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:OCMI-Dano

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:32 AM

Well here's my take on it: The MP7, with the stock retracted, is about 13 inches long...slightly LONGER than the MK23, yet much wider. Size wise, it really embodies the "Machine Pistol" idea, unlike the MP5A4 and similar larger SubGuns. The A5 was modeled after the MP5K, which is about the same size...about half an inch longer than the MP7. The A5 is 20 inches long, with the stock 8.5 inch barrel, so without a barrel it's 11.5 inches, if my elementary school arithmatic serves me right. To make it to scale, it would require a 1.5 inch barrel...so obvioulsy that wouldn't work. Another option, however, is to fit it with a mock suppressor, like the Lapco one, to accomodate a longer barrel while maintaining a realistic look...the Mock suppressor would give an extra 8 inches of barrel lenght to the MP7/A5. Since the real Mp7 has either a 20 or 40 round magazine--the latter being exposed and the former being inside the pistol grip--a TacCap would make a great hopper option because it is both low profile and would give you 30-40 rounds, which for a marker that small should be enough to sustain you until you can reload...if not, then you're pretty screwed.

The other idea, as it was hinted at, would be to make a Tac8 body kit. This would be better since it is already a pistol...in this case all that would be required is an extended magazine, a shroud that shouldn't be all too hard to make and some weaver rails...and a stock adapter from the T9 and fit a sliding stock onto it. The T9 barrel, which is compatable with the T8, has a screw on muzzle brake and suppressor, like the MP7, and with the aftermarket barrels that are bound to come out for the T8 and T9, it is safe to say that there is a bright future in the Tiberius marker line's accuracy. Utilizing those parts would make the T8 look pretty mean...actually if you think about it, using the Tac8 would make alot more sense, since you have room to put a longer barrel and rails and such, instead of cramming stuff in with the A5

Just my thoughts on it...if a kit came out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat...after a Tacamo AK kit :wacko:

#23 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

dont really like the look.

#24 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

nice the mp7 is sweet. it might work better on the x7 but it would be workable for the a5
A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#25 User is offline   phillyeagles953 

• the most hardcore Eagles fan you will ever meet
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:crazy93

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

i think thats pretty sick

Tippmann owners club member #32

#26 User is offline   empiregeneral 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EmpireGeneral

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

View PostThalion, on Jun 18 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

MP7 is a really impractical gun. Smaller caiber than even the 5.7x28 found in the P90.

As for milsim, I don't see a way to take an A5 and make a "drop in" MP7 kit. It'd take some work to make it look even close.

Yeah, but that "impractical caliber" only weighs in at just over .2 oz per round and can penetrate 1.5mm of titanium plus 20 layers of Kevlar meaning that it can punch through pretty much any military body armor available today. And besides that, it is an awesome hybrid between a sub-machine gun and an assault rifle.

#27 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

i think the tiberus T9 would be better suited for, considering the Mp7 is a pistol clip type of feed, and im sure you could figure out a way to mount a retractable stock like the MP5's, and mod the butt of it

View Postmrmdano, on Jul 10 2007, 04:32 AM, said:

Well here's my take on it: The MP7, with the stock retracted, is about 13 inches long...slightly LONGER than the MK23, yet much wider. Size wise, it really embodies the "Machine Pistol" idea, unlike the MP5A4 and similar larger SubGuns. The A5 was modeled after the MP5K, which is about the same size...about half an inch longer than the MP7. The A5 is 20 inches long, with the stock 8.5 inch barrel, so without a barrel it's 11.5 inches, if my elementary school arithmatic serves me right. To make it to scale, it would require a 1.5 inch barrel...so obvioulsy that wouldn't work. Another option, however, is to fit it with a mock suppressor, like the Lapco one, to accomodate a longer barrel while maintaining a realistic look...the Mock suppressor would give an extra 8 inches of barrel lenght to the MP7/A5. Since the real Mp7 has either a 20 or 40 round magazine--the latter being exposed and the former being inside the pistol grip--a TacCap would make a great hopper option because it is both low profile and would give you 30-40 rounds, which for a marker that small should be enough to sustain you until you can reload...if not, then you're pretty screwed.

The other idea, as it was hinted at, would be to make a Tac8 body kit. This would be better since it is already a pistol...in this case all that would be required is an extended magazine, a shroud that shouldn't be all too hard to make and some weaver rails...and a stock adapter from the T9 and fit a sliding stock onto it. The T9 barrel, which is compatable with the T8, has a screw on muzzle brake and suppressor, like the MP7, and with the aftermarket barrels that are bound to come out for the T8 and T9, it is safe to say that there is a bright future in the Tiberius marker line's accuracy. Utilizing those parts would make the T8 look pretty mean...actually if you think about it, using the Tac8 would make alot more sense, since you have room to put a longer barrel and rails and such, instead of cramming stuff in with the A5

Just my thoughts on it...if a kit came out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat...after a Tacamo AK kit :)

sorry for previous post, i didnt see this one, i kinda jumped the gun before posting...my bad lol

#28 User is offline   South 

• HURR DURRR
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

All it would require is a marker shroud with an elongated back and an MP7 stock, which im sure Opsgear could do.

OA Scenario Productions Kobra Kommand 2 Blue Team MVP

#29 User is offline   Cheemonstonzo 

• I like cookies.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cheemonstonzo

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

you could mod a rap5..... mechanical full-auto, ejecting casings, mag fed. be a lot easier than trying to mod an a5 or t8. not to mention it would look more realistic... only problem is most fields wont allow you to use rap4 marker (they say too small calibre.... or FPO!! grrrr). good for outlaw or at a rap4 field/store

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users