• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Piranha pistol Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   USAFCommander 

• Marksman
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Anyone have any opinions or statements on the Piranha brand pistol. I believe its called the USP or something. Just any reviews, previous experiences, opinions, problems, sight info, anything...

Attached File(s)

Spyder Snyper #41

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Best thing about it is it takes standard piranha parts.

It's another blowback pistol - I haven't heard anything especially negative about it, but to me the standard piranha parts would be a big plus because it will be easier to find spare parts should you ever need them.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

And as it's already set up for constant air you could slap a 3.5 oz co2 on there and not have to use 12 grams. the 3.5 oz tanks are really light, and you usually get more than 100 shots.

#4 User is offline   USAFCommander 

• Marksman
  • Pip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Jan 2 2009, 10:23 PM, said:

And as it's already set up for constant air you could slap a 3.5 oz co2 on there and not have to use 12 grams. the 3.5 oz tanks are really light, and you usually get more than 100 shots.

It would be nice for my pistol/sniper setup. It has threads for barrels and already comes with whats seen. So I am going to carry around a barrel, constant air setup, red dot, and stock in my backpack. It only takes a few seconds to convert it... :unsure:
Spyder Snyper #41

#5 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yo, dont make a pistol/sniper setup or whatever. You will probably not use one of them, and it will be a pain to convert in the field. Just make whatever is best for you, what you like best, and run with it. I found that I have a rec ball setup and a big game setup, the only difference in these two is paint capacity(50/200) and air (3.5/9oz) for the really different play that happens in those games. Otherwise, a god gun will do what you need it. For me that's my Phantom, for you it may be this pirhana. I just recommend a great barrel (Lapco or Palmers) and the smallest gun that I can have.

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

Best thing about it is it's cheap. Other than that, it's pretty crappy.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#7 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

Well said man, Iv'e seen these things leak alot... like more than my Delta 68. I myself would stear clear. Anyhow, usually you would only want a pistol for pumping.

I am PayPal Verified.

#8 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:15 AM

View PostUSAFCommander, on Jan 3 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

It would be nice for my pistol/sniper setup. It has threads for barrels and already comes with whats seen. So I am going to carry around a barrel, constant air setup, red dot, and stock in my backpack. It only takes a few seconds to convert it... ;)

Don't try that on the field unless you've chronoed it in all versions to make sure it is under the limit. Changing a barrel or air source changes the FPS.

#9 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:57 AM

from what I've seen they have one seal that tends to go bad on a fairly regular basis. I also remember the triggers being fairly crappy.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#10 User is offline   USAFCommander 

• Marksman
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

View Postslowerpig81, on Jan 2 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

Yo, dont make a pistol/sniper setup or whatever. You will probably not use one of them, and it will be a pain to convert in the field. Just make whatever is best for you, what you like best, and run with it. I found that I have a rec ball setup and a big game setup, the only difference in these two is paint capacity(50/200) and air (3.5/9oz) for the really different play that happens in those games. Otherwise, a god gun will do what you need it. For me that's my Phantom, for you it may be this pirhana. I just recommend a great barrel (Lapco or Palmers) and the smallest gun that I can have.

It has evil threads though, is there a really good barrel with those type of threads? And comes in a woods color like black, dust, olive, green, etc?
Spyder Snyper #41

#11 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

its cheap. and pretty bad

This post has been edited by RoflMyWaffles: 03 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

205 BrowniePoints!

#12 User is offline   USAFCommander 

• Marksman
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostJackson, on Jan 3 2009, 01:15 AM, said:

View PostUSAFCommander, on Jan 3 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

It would be nice for my pistol/sniper setup. It has threads for barrels and already comes with whats seen. So I am going to carry around a barrel, constant air setup, red dot, and stock in my backpack. It only takes a few seconds to convert it... :)

Don't try that on the field unless you've chronoed it in all versions to make sure it is under the limit. Changing a barrel or air source changes the FPS.

Here is a physics lesson for you. The paintball exits the barrel at 280fps when chronoed, that means it left the actual bolt at around 290. So now lets say the pistol shoots it stock at 280, since the barrel is like 2in the chamber shoots it at about 280. Which means when a 9in or 10in barrel is added, you will lose some fps. And changing from a 12g to 3.5oz will not change a thing except rounds without reloading air source. The gun can only allow so much air source into the chamber before releasing it...
Spyder Snyper #41

#13 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

i had an usp before....it kept leaking....so off to my machine shop class, chopped the 12g retaining system, took out the pierce assembly, put in a spyder vertical air system, ran it with a 3.5 oz tank and a drop stock.... barrel threading is for the Evil Pipe kit, nothing else fits i believe..and theyre almost always either a fade or a gloss black, havent seen dust black. otherwise, its a decent marker after some work...but then again, so are most other STBB pistols.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#14 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

looks neat. i think i have enough spare parts from my piranha guns to just make my own and save cash!

#15 User is offline   USAFCommander 

• Marksman
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, I am going to get another grip from a piranha since they are all interchangeable. You can even mix it with a GTI and make it full auto.
Spyder Snyper #41

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users