Page 1 of 1

hopper troubles...kingman fasta Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   alpha badger 

• "maybe it was one guy with six guns"
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alpha badger

Post icon  Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

well i was asking for trouble moving from my familar world of tippmanns to electros.
so heres the deal. I recently bought a spyder vs1 and kingman fasta 18v hopper because i wanted something different to tinker with. the only mod to the gun is a trinity clamping feed neck. anyway after a day of play at my private field (which the gun performed flawless at) and after a night of cleaning both the hopper and the gun, the hoppers developed this goofy "blender effect."
now, no matter what type of paint i shoot (i tried marbs, premiums, and blaze) whenever i shoot at a fast rate of fire the hopper breaks paint. the paint isnt just down the barrel, its in the chamber, feedneck, and hopper itself EVERYTIME!!!! i cant figure out why the hopper decided to suddenly do this so it must be how i put it back together, or something broke though the gun wasn't "man handled" or droped that day. i've re-asembled it multibple times but the problem persits.
what gives? any and all ideas (within reason) on a possible solution are very welcome!
Tippmann owner #123
Sabre #797
Christian Paintballer
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

Go to the Link below and see what you can find
http://www.spyder.tv...searchid=240692

#3 User is offline   alpha badger 

• Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:53 AM

thanx for the link but i couldnt really find anything....found a lot of complaints of the feed neck breaking off and a few chop problems that were just solved by buying a new hopper and i would prefer to just fix mine (if i can do that.)

This post has been edited by alpha badger: 13 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

Tippmann owner #123
Sabre #797
Christian Paintballer

#4 User is offline   Hooligan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rook5243

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

Try a paintball with a firmer shell, more of a rec. grade. I've been through the same problems with a teamates 18v Fasta loader when using a thin shell or compettion level paint. We had problems shooting Cryptic paint at a scenario in Agate and problems shooting another thin shelled brand at at scenario in Pueblo. Both times we were locked in to using field paint only, so our hands were pretty much tied. It's a great hopper, but the lack of a spring in driveline puts alot of pressure on the stack of balls. I think every time the switch in the neck clicks, the impeller spins like 1 or 1.25 times. With a firmer shell the paintballs "popcorn" out of the way instead of crushing them. my teammate has a spyder Rsx with an upgraded chip and a fasta loader that shhots just as fast as my ego/ halo combo. I'm out of colorado too, so lets get that marker working so we can shoot at each other.. Hooligan

#5 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

Sounds more like the gun is chopping and not the hopper.

My fasta has not done that to any paint that i have shot including Marbalizers.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#6 User is offline   alpha badger 

• Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

hrmm thanx for the respnses.
i just dont think its specificaly the gun motoguy cause the gun has eyes, and how would the paint get way the hell up in the hopper like its if it was just chopping in the chamber? blowback maybe? the paint is actually IN the race way around the part were the balls are "cycled" into the feed neck.
i also tried shooting thick shelled paint to no avail....what the heck?! one thing im gunna try is to find a way to soften the prongs that push the paint. might sound kinda ghetto but do you guys think that possibly sanding them down a little bit (not too much) and trying to cover them in a thin coating of something soft might help? maybe one layer of some soft adhesive tape? (ghetto) ive heard somewere that boiling a plastic peice can help to soften it just a lil, or am i totaly off base with that assumption? :sick:
Tippmann owner #123
Sabre #797
Christian Paintballer

#7 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

Hmmm this is an interesting issue. The internals of the Fasta are very very simple compared to force-feed loaders, and besides pinching a wire in the shell or something I'm not sure what could have gotten screwed up. Is the wheel inside spinning the right way? Is the little "tongue" in the feedneck installed correctly? And lastly have you tried new batteries? I would double check these things, try flipping the tongue around and see if that changes anything, and if it still doesn't work try calling Kingman's customer service (not sure if they'll be helpful or not, I've never had to deal with them). You can try sanding all the prongs smooth, it won't hurt anything, but I doubt its your problem. I've had at least 10 cases through mine with nary an issue (probably more in all honesty), so I really don't know how to help beyond that.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#8 User is offline   alpha badger 

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

ill check the tounge and wheel direction, good idea! im buying more paint today, so im also gunna see if my "sand down and soft tape prongs mod" works at all. I have high hopes for the tape thing though cause the stock plastic is really brittle and hard.
its odd because when it was like 90+ *F ouside it worked fine, now that its gotten colder here in Colorado i wonder if the temp has made the paint and the plastic just brittle enough to cause this...if only i could travel to Florida to test this idea. ;)
rogueshooter: does your fasta spin clockwise or counterclockwise when viewing the wheel through the lid looking down?

This post has been edited by alpha badger: 20 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

Tippmann owner #123
Sabre #797
Christian Paintballer

#9 User is offline   alpha badger 

• Pip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

so i worked on the hopper. checked the tounge/tab and retightened everything. i also did my own little custom repare, wraping one layer of electrical tape on the prongs....success!!!!!!!!! it no longer blenders paint in the hopper! the guns broken a few balls but they were only in the barrel and i blame cold weather here in colorado + cold co2. im pretty sure i finaly fixed it!
Tippmann owner #123
Sabre #797
Christian Paintballer

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users