#16 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

View Postkage83, on Sep 8 2009, 11:13 AM, said:

View PostTheEnd, on Sep 7 2009, 11:34 PM, said:

Tippmann's quality has been going downhill for years...

I was wondering when someone was going to write this...it seems as though it's in every single thread where a Tippmann product is mentioned... :P

Well since it is true, it keeps coming up. Sorry.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#17 User is offline   Pitbull330 

• "The Worlds Greatest Game"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pitbull330

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

i would have one by now, but waiting for them to work out the bugs. (heard it chops all kinds of paint, no matter the grade) also I know for a fact it has a hard time piercing the Co2, i guess they were hopeing to sell on look alone. you guys have to agree with me it does look pretty BA

This post has been edited by Pitbull330: 08 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

#18 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:11 AM

When I had mine, it chopped like crazy...I got fed up with having to take it apart after every mission (not every game...usually where I play theres 8 missions per game) So it got upsetting...I bought a Tac8 and havent had one bit of trouble. T8 may be a bit heavier...but its completely worth the money and owns the TPX as a pistol

#19 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

I had hopes for the TPX because it could run a remote line. I'm cheap, so I hate buying 12 grams when I own an HPA tank already. The T8 doesn't really allow for a viable means of playing pistol while running remote.

I'm not overly disappointed though, because it was to be expected in a sense. I'm not really surprised.

To their credit, at least Tippmann tried to do something new instead of their standard inline blowback mechanism that's been the same since forever (not that a system that long would work in a pistol, which is why they tried something new)

View Postkage83, on Sep 8 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

View PostTheEnd, on Sep 7 2009, 11:34 PM, said:

Tippmann's quality has been going downhill for years...

I was wondering when someone was going to write this...it seems as though it's in every single thread where a Tippmann product is mentioned... :D

And what would you have one say when a Tippmann goes bad?

I can't lie and say it was totally unexpected.
Member of Team Akkadian

#20 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Actually the TPX internally is not new at all. New for Tippmann, not new to the paintball world though. It's a Sheridan Equalizer internally. It even squeaks like the Equalizer. And you run into the same issues as the Equalizer: A spring returned blow-forward without a sear mechanism to hold the bolt back will experience some bolt bounce. Been causing a lot of chopping issues in the TPX.

#21 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

View PostJackson, on Sep 9 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

Actually the TPX internally is not new at all. New for Tippmann, not new to the paintball world though. It's a Sheridan Equalizer internally. It even squeaks like the Equalizer. And you run into the same issues as the Equalizer: A spring returned blow-forward without a sear mechanism to hold the bolt back will experience some bolt bounce. Been causing a lot of chopping issues in the TPX.

Thanks for the information.

I haven't gotten a really good look at the TPX internals, the images I did see left some guesswork in there. From what I saw, I figured it had to be blow-forward, but beyond that I wasn't sure what was going on.
Member of Team Akkadian

#22 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

I have had a 98 custom pro for about 3 years, and the only problems i have with the gun are the cheap attachments other companies make.. (like BT) i love the apex barrel but i dont like the cheap plastic shroud and gets loose and falls apart. other then that the my 98 is pretty solid.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#23 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

I guess I'm just lucky. I went to a local sporting goods store here, they had the TPX on sale for $200, AND it came with a free day of play at my favorite field, ($30 value) and I have NEVER chopped one ball. I've had some 12grams puncture better than others, but still no worries.

I have a Chaser pistol, T8, PGP2k1, etc. The TPX, once you put time in to break it in and get past the issues, is the lightest, most accurate and "pistol" like paintball marker I've ever used. If you get one, like me, you may not have a single issue. Or just wait. But if you actually want a sidearm that you can haul around all day, and use in a firefight, I suggest it. Just my .02

#24 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

I remember the thread in paintball news where we said it would be horrible, but nooooo the Tippmann fanboys didn't believe us.

#25 User is offline   Gravdigr 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gravdigr

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

Tippmann released a free upgrade fix for the 12 gram piercing problem. The kit includes a new piercing pin assembly and a new cap with a depth screw you can adjust for different length 12 grams. Seems to solve the piercing problem. As for chopping balls, I have had that problem with cheaper paint with softer shells. My local arena uses diablo paint and it seems to work fine as long as it's fresh. Haven't had a chopped ball since. There is also a solution for folks still having ball chop problems posted on the official tippmann forums that involves adjusting the regulator.

The tpx is the only paintball pistol I have ever fired and I like it ok. My only real complaint is that i can only get about 20 shots out of a 12 gram which is like 2 1/2 clips. So if I fire off both clips I dry fire off the rest of the co2 and reload a new 12 gram for the next 2 clips. I would love a pair of 10 round clips to get the most out of my co2. Though they have a spring kit that is supposed to get you a few more shots per co2 that I may try.

#26 User is offline   beaker 

• GLR Demolitions Expert
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beaker

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

At TWC Saturday they took five minutes and put in all the new upgrades. Two different parts on the valve and the new CO2 cap. My pistol shot flawlessy, even with crappy Fireball paint, which has sadly gone downhill in hte past few years...

#27 User is offline   chaos760 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:chaos760

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

View Postbeaker, on Sep 28 2009, 06:25 PM, said:

At TWC Saturday they took five minutes and put in all the new upgrades. Two different parts on the valve and the new CO2 cap. My pistol shot flawlessy, even with crappy Fireball paint, which has sadly gone downhill in hte past few years...

I was having the same issues with the tpx as everyone reported, not piercing the 12g and chopping the last few ball that were in the mag. I took my tpx into tippmann and they installed the new piercing pin and put a new harder spring into it and since then I have yet to have any problems with it. My two cents is that it's a nice pistol, less bulky than the t8 and I used to own one of those as well. The guns that people prefer will always come back to personal preference. My thought has always been use that guns and equipment that works for you. Just my two cents

#28 User is offline   Firemage 

• Otaku
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Firemage

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

View PostJackson, on Sep 9 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

are there and fixes from the old marker that might be of use to current tpx users?
-Gabe, Rpger, Otaku, Detroiter
From the shadow of the Glass Palace
"Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus"
"We hope for better days; it shall rise from its ashes"
A motto to live by.

#29 User is offline   c boogy 

• X7 Phenom #0000260
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

well i have a tpx and i gotta say i havent had a problem with it yet. admittedly i dont use it very often but since getting it in June ive put about 10 12gram cartridges throught the thing and mine has punctured every one of them, but i do understand that isnt the case for others. its pretty accurate for something with a 6 inch barrel and i usually get a lil more than 2 mags out before changing co2. having it with me has helped me out in some pretty tough spots where i other wise would have had to walk off the field and i am yet to have i problem with it.

only complaint i could make is that the one time i made the mistake of taking apart a mag to clean it i found it impossibly hard to put back together, but after about 40 minutes of agrivation and cursing i got it back together.

#30 User is offline   AJsarge 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AJsarge

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

As a TPX owner (SN#4362) I'll confirm that it's picky on paint. I've got a batch of brand new paint, and a bag of 3-year-old paint. It horribly dislikes the new paint, but loves the old stuff. I'm thinking there's a small break-in period, since it's starting to use the new stuff without complaints (or breaks).

As for the mags, I too pulled one apart, and spent 40 minutes trying to get that one last little piece to sit right when I closed it.

But, still have the stock puncture mechanism and haven't had any problems with the box of Crosman 12g I have. But, then I just add a new 12g in each day I play and run with a remote line and an 8" barrel instead of the stock 6.5".

Thankfully, the only problem I've had is losing the o-ring around the puncture pin in the 12g chamber (which might be part of your guy's problem). Luckily, I got another 5 in the box which sit just right (but require pulling the marker apart).

Really, it's a good marker with issues in the first production run. I'm just waiting for them to make an extended magazine for it so I've got a few more shots than the current 8.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users