• You cannot reply to this topic

Horizontal Pod Holders Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Friendlyslasher 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Friendlyslasher

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

I was custom designing a harness on the SpecOps site and I noticed that there is an option to fix your pod holders horizontally instead of vertically. Has anyone done this, and if so how has it worked out for you? I run vertical pods right now and I've had them dump open on me when I've gone to reload. Pics are helpful. Thanks alot.

#2 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

While horizontal doesn't allow you to carry as many pods, it does have the benefit you described. It also works a little better for "wider" people since they don't have to reach around to the small of their back to get a pod. The downside is, when you pull a pod, it makes your elbows stick out a little farther and may cause you to get shot in the arm if you have a small bunker.

#3 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

• I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

when i first started playing, i had a pod pack that was horizontal. it was great, because it was so comfortable. I never had to worry about dropping pods, and it was easier to put empty pods back in my pack while I was in the woods. the only problem I ever had was that the more pods you have, the highter towards your arpit they stack. this makes them hard to grab. although if you use 4-6 pods, you wount have this problem. 8 or more, and you wont be able to reach the top ones.

i now have a SO recon vest with vertical pods, and even though it is comfy, its a little harder to replace empty pods. it all depends on personal preference.
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users