Special Ops Paintball: Cobra Microtalk PR 4720 WX - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cobra Microtalk PR 4720 WX

#1 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

Bought a pair of these from the Sportaman's warehouse here in town- and I'm in love. 40$ snagged me 2 FRS/GMRS radios, their headsets, which are very nice single ear boom-mic PTT headsets, enough batteries for one radio, the charger, and a very nice instruction manual.

They're really quite nice for the price- A little bigger than some radios, I have mine in a 50 round pod/ grenade pouch on my vest, which fits it well, but it's too big for the smaller radio pouched like on the genX or NXE vests.

They have an advertised range of 12 miles, although, to be honest, even a quarter of that is excessive for my needs. of course, 12 miles is at high power (requiring an FCC liscense, according to the book) on open, flat terrain.

they're a 22channel radio set, which is nice, but slightly confusing in terms of communicating with 15 channel systems. They also feature privacy codes, which is always a nice addition, and auto-squelch, so background clutter is never too bad.

They feature VOX, which is a nice feature, and NOAA All hazards channels, which are nice for outlaw ball, no doubt.

They're also fairly durable- I've had them get hit a few times now, and they're both in good working order.

anyway, all in all, not a bad little set of radios. the boom mic is a plus (I hate throat mics) and the price is really hard to beat for the features.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users