• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

t8.1 to t9? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

Ok I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I'm planning on buying a t8.1 and my question is, is there a kit out that so that I can turn it into a t9? I thought they were the same gun base. I can see it being very beneficial to me being able to go from a pistol with a magazine to normal marker with a stock, constant air, and a hopper, the works.

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

I didn't think they were the same marker base. I could be wrong though.

#3 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Other way around dude, its the T9 thats base marker is the T8 (not 8.1). You cannot turn a T8 or T8.1 into the full size rifle because you cannot add the stock, the rails on top, or the hopper port.

Your best bet if you want a First Strike capable rifle AND pistol in one is wait a few weeks more till the T9.1 is officially being sold.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 10 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#4 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

ok, well then the T9.1 it is. Just to make certain, it will be able to shoot both fs rounds AND normal paintballs right? And can it use both types of magazines, fs ready and normal mags?

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

912sweet_cheeks, on Apr 11 2010, 12:10 PM, said:

ok, well then the T9.1 it is. Just to make certain, it will be able to shoot both fs rounds AND normal paintballs right? And can it use both types of magazines, fs ready and normal mags?

The T9.1 can shoot both paintballs and FS rounds. The new magazines can carry both paintballs and FS rounds. However, older magazines cannot be used in the new markers (8.1 and 9.1) without modification.

#6 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Ok, that answers all my questions for this thread. Thank you very much!

#7 User is offline   tgs-killer 

• 杰艾尺
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Fox

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

Okay, just to make this clear, the T8 and T9 are the same as one another. The backblock assembly that were present on both were slightly different in that the T9 had the buttstock slotted into it whereas the T8 did not. Other than that, the immediate difference(s) between the two are cosmetics. I'm not entirely sure if the T9 had the soft touch bolt or not. Furthermore, the T9 simply had the ability to rotate the barrel to change from mag fed to hopper fed. Now with this in mind, I'll go into the T.1's -- the T8.1 and T9.1 are not the same and cannot be readily interchanged. The T8.1 has a total of 2 screw slots at the rear of the receiver body, one slot for a setscrew and one that is an air-thru slot. The T8.1 is made this way to accommodate the Tiberius rear remote line part. Additionally, the T9.1 has a total of 4 screw slots at the rear of the receiver body, three for setscrews and one that is an air-thru slot. The T9.1 is made this way to accommodate the Tiberius rear backblock assembly for the stock, tank, and remote line interchangeability. And of course, the T9.1 has the ability to switch from mag to hopper fed. Ultimately, you cannot make a T8.1 into a T9.1, but you can make a T9.1 into a T8.1 style shooter(pistol form). I think out of every single Tiberius, the T9.1 is the best way to go (Ranger, CQB, Elite, or FSR/FRS). Basically with a T9.1, you have every single option that's available for the Tiberius line(s) and more incoming in the future (i.e. extended mags, maybe Longbow, and other 3rd party). I think this about sums it up. I hope this helps,

-Jarred
Custom_Cockers feedback +59/-0
http://customcockers...killer-Feedback

New PBN feedback +115/-0
http://www.pbnation....ck.php?u=135922

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

tgs-killer, on 07 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Okay, just to make this clear, the T8 and T9 are the same as one another. The backblock assembly that were present on both were slightly different in that the T9 had the buttstock slotted into it whereas the T8 did not. Other than that, the immediate difference(s) between the two are cosmetics. I'm not entirely sure if the T9 had the soft touch bolt or not. Furthermore, the T9 simply had the ability to rotate the barrel to change from mag fed to hopper fed. Now with this in mind, I'll go into the T.1's -- the T8.1 and T9.1 are not the same and cannot be readily interchanged. The T8.1 has a total of 2 screw slots at the rear of the receiver body, one slot for a setscrew and one that is an air-thru slot. The T8.1 is made this way to accommodate the Tiberius rear remote line part. Additionally, the T9.1 has a total of 4 screw slots at the rear of the receiver body, three for setscrews and one that is an air-thru slot. The T9.1 is made this way to accommodate the Tiberius rear backblock assembly for the stock, tank, and remote line interchangeability. And of course, the T9.1 has the ability to switch from mag to hopper fed. Ultimately, you cannot make a T8.1 into a T9.1, but you can make a T9.1 into a T8.1 style shooter(pistol form). I think out of every single Tiberius, the T9.1 is the best way to go (Ranger, CQB, Elite, or FSR/FRS). Basically with a T9.1, you have every single option that's available for the Tiberius line(s) and more incoming in the future (i.e. extended mags, maybe Longbow, and other 3rd party). I think this about sums it up. I hope this helps,

-Jarred

Welcome...back? Please check thread dates ;)

#9 User is offline   tgs-killer 

• 杰艾尺
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Fox

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

cdrinkh20, on 07 March 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

Well I was aware of the thread date, but I wanted to post anyway so that when other users/guests read this thread, they will get the same information if they had the same question. Additionally, this thread was still on the front page of this sub-topic section, so I don't think there was any wrong in posting :happy:

-Jarred

This post has been edited by tgs-killer: 15 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Custom_Cockers feedback +59/-0
http://customcockers...killer-Feedback

New PBN feedback +115/-0
http://www.pbnation....ck.php?u=135922

#10 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

tgs-killer, on 15 March 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

cdrinkh20, on 07 March 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

Well I was aware of the thread date, but I wanted to post anyway so that when other users/guests read this thread, they will get the same information if they had the same question. Additionally, this thread was still on the front page of this sub-topic section, so I don't think there was any wrong in posting :happy:

-Jarred

There are threads from two years ago on the front page. Just sayin' :rolleyes:
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

Sorry guys, nothing wrong w/ tgs posting in here. Yeah it's an old thread, but a true necropost by him would've been "cool, thanks." and that's it. Fact is, he provided a solid amount of info for anyone else that happens to stumble in here & has questions, as he wrote in his follow up response.

For a forum that has been so slow for so long, members inspiring discussion or providing helpful info (even in old topics) is a positive thing.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

well in lou of this convo, maybe he can answer my question instead of me posting a whole topic... Is the regulator in the T9.1 different from the regulator in the T8? I have a T8 and I just upgraded to First Strike Capabilities. I am going to get the T9.1 Elite after the summer, and am curious if there's a performance difference between the two so if I decide to play dual pistols will it be the same in both hands or one pistol better than the other?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users