Easy to clean?

How is it comapred to SP-1?

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

Internally, the SP-8 is the same as an ion(board, bolt, eyes...). Its not very hard to take apart, but a little time consuming. Performance wise, its the same as the ion, but it has a cool XM-8 shroud. Not having ever used the Sp-1, I cant claim anything about it, except that it is smaller and lighter, and cheaper.

#3 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

I used an SP8 extensively for about a year, and its a great marker. As said, its an Ion with a shroud. I would use it over any tippmann any day of the week, and over a lot of other markers, but seeing as the SP1 is also mostly an Ion in a shroud (true, they changed the board layout and the bolt is slightly different, but overall they use the same engine) and has the advantage of "bolt-out-back" layout, I would recommend it over the SP8. My one grip about the SP8 was that it was a pain to take apart and clean out the shell all the time and the shell was on the weak side... Not to mention the horribly high hopper mounting. SP1 is the better bet (and also cheaper) unless you're dead set on an XM8 look for your marker.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users