T8 quick mag pouches?

#1 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hey MOATI,

I was wondering if you could whip up some Tiberius mag pouches that have a flat (maybe nylon reinforced like M16 mag pouches) piece of fabric on the 'top' of the mag (facing away from the body), elastic side panels that hold the mag in tight, and the 'back' (towards the body) that has two rows of MOLLE attachments like your current T8 mag pouches? (with the strap and the webbing to weave through)

I'm basically looking for a mag pouch that doesn't have a flap on the top, but still holds the mag securely, and can be pulled out smoothly without releasing the mag follower.

Any ideas?
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#2 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 20 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

Hey MOATI,

I was wondering if you could whip up some Tiberius mag pouches that have a flat (maybe nylon reinforced like M16 mag pouches) piece of fabric on the 'top' of the mag (facing away from the body), elastic side panels that hold the mag in tight, and the 'back' (towards the body) that has two rows of MOLLE attachments like your current T8 mag pouches? (with the strap and the webbing to weave through)

I'm basically looking for a mag pouch that doesn't have a flap on the top, but still holds the mag securely, and can be pulled out smoothly without releasing the mag follower.

Any ideas?

We can do it. The only problem I can see is that the empty mags will be a little difficult to place back in the pouch. I have an idea though based on a proto-type pod pack I built a year ago that had no flaps.

You wanna be my guinea pig?

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostMOATI, on Jan 20 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 20 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

Hey MOATI,

Any ideas?

We can do it. The only problem I can see is that the empty mags will be a little difficult to place back in the pouch. I have an idea though based on a proto-type pod pack I built a year ago that had no flaps.

You wanna be my guinea pig?

Can't be that bad, I don't plan on replacing mags on the fly though. Yay cargo pockets. Maybe a pull tab on the front (about the same size as the one on your MOLLE holster elastic retention strap) might help?

I'll shoot you a PM. :(
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker

#4 User is offline   bigandugly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bigandugly

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

If thisissparta doesn't want to be a guinea pig, I'd like to be one to test your rig idea MOATI. :D The best I could do for my pistol setup is an Operative V2 vest, with M4 mag pouches. Not exactly the best... :\

#5 Guest_MOATI_*

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

View Postbigandugly, on Jan 20 2010, 05:33 PM, said:

If thisissparta doesn't want to be a guinea pig, I'd like to be one to test your rig idea MOATI. :D The best I could do for my pistol setup is an Operative V2 vest, with M4 mag pouches. Not exactly the best... :\

He does want to be the guinea pig...but that doesn't mean I can't have a couple people try it out.

#6 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

View PostMOATI, on Jan 20 2010, 07:38 PM, said:

He does want to be the guinea pig...but that doesn't mean I can't have a couple people try it out.

in a week im going to order the rap4 tac ten vest... if ya need a guinea pig for that.....
im still trying to decide on a pistol on the vest or the under arm harness..... but still got to have the clips somewhere....
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#7 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

TeleFragger, MOATI and I are going to perfect the design first, then once we figure it out he said they'll be about $5 per pouch. I'll update the thread with pictures and descriptions as the design progresses. :D

#8 Guest_MOATI_*

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 20 2010, 06:28 PM, said:

TeleFragger, MOATI and I are going to perfect the design first, then once we figure it out he said they'll be about $5 per pouch. I'll update the thread with pictures and descriptions as the design progresses. :D

Dude...that was the COST on each one...you're gonna make me go broke if you keep sharing info like that! LOL The $5 each was the rest of the deal for you being my guinea pig. The retail price will end up around $10 each.

#9 User is offline   bigandugly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bigandugly

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

View PostMOATI, on Jan 20 2010, 04:38 PM, said:

If thisissparta doesn't want to be a guinea pig, I'd like to be one to test your rig idea MOATI. :happy: The best I could do for my pistol setup is an Operative V2 vest, with M4 mag pouches. Not exactly the best... :\

Sounds good! :) If you do end up looking for a couple people to try it out, please keep me in mind!

#10 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostMOATI, on Jan 20 2010, 08:31 PM, said:

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 20 2010, 06:28 PM, said:

TeleFragger, MOATI and I are going to perfect the design first, then once we figure it out he said they'll be about $5 per pouch. I'll update the thread with pictures and descriptions as the design progresses. :)

Dude...that was the COST on each one...you're gonna make me go broke if you keep sharing info like that! LOL The $5 each was the rest of the deal for you being my guinea pig. The retail price will end up around $10 each.

My bad... :) I'm sorry. I thought that was ridiculously low... :happy:

Once again goes to show, don't listen to anything I say.

#11 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

and understandable... no one can hold you to a post you did yesterday on pricing..

i wasnt worried about that part... what i was saying is i will order the vest soon and you tell me where you want me to try them.. i can mount them.. take pics.. give a mini review... but know they are not free!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#12 User is offline   fourthsyde 

• Bringer Of Pain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FOURTHSYDE

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

i use these and they fit perfectly for t8 mags..

#13 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

I would love to know how well these mag pouches will work out. I plan on buying two T8s in the possibly near future :(

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#14 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

the blue or orange t8's? :heart:
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#15 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

View Postbetasniper, on Jan 23 2010, 02:33 AM, said:

the blue or orange t8's? ;)

they will be orange, lol.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users