Special Ops Paintball: my ion is leaking! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

my ion is leaking! Just got the new hollow point bolt.

#1 User is offline   White_Widow 

• ALL DAY!!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:White_Widow

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

My brother just got a new ion for x-mas and the deadly wind hollow point bolt, and its leaking. when we gas up the gun it sounds like the leak is coming from the back of the gun. i checked the bored and i dont know if thats the problem or if its leaking out of the back of the firing chamber where the bolt screws in..so if anyone would know where to check for a leak let me know please. also he has the cp reg and when we gas it up the input pressure is above 200 psi is that good or bad if bad let me know how to fix that too.

#2 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:104914

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

first with all mods with the ion start with a fresh batt every time and set the reg as low as it can go. The back can of the chamber is open and there is a pair of o rings on the stock bolt that seal it. Read the directions about lube (shocker or sleek lube) and lube per instructions. I just installed a tech t in my ion and set the pressure to 180 as always and shot almost 350fps had to set down to 140 to get 280fps. Take the fire can apart and pull the bolt then check the back orings first I am going off the idea that the only thing that has changed is the new bolt so my first guess would be that is the problem. Again set reg to o and new batt.

#3 User is offline   White_Widow 

• ALL DAY!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

when you say set the reg to 0 you meen screw it all the way in?

#4 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

yes if you are new to the ion you want the nut that the wrench fits over as far up into the reg as possible. Air the marker up the give it 1/2 turn at a time and watch the gauge like I said my ion is shooting 280fps at 140, I know stock 180 psi on gauge is real close to 280fps.

#5 User is offline   White_Widow 

• ALL DAY!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks man we just got it all figured out.

#6 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

hey no problem with the ion make sure you read the directions as most problems are caused by owners if you need help with the dwell settings and such let me know.

#7 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

And also, if it ever leaks again, 90% of the time it's either an o-ring, banjo fitting, or a dead battery, so always check on these first :rolleyes:.

#8 User is offline   UV Halo 

• Blacklight Baller
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:UV Halo

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Good to hear you got it figured out.

I had a similar and undocumented problem. Leaking from rear of the gun. The hard part is that you cannot tell exactly where it is leaking from (the rear banjo,or the backend of the firecan) unless you gas it up without the body on it. Once I did so, I found it was leaking from the Tail Seal (rear end of bolt stalk) o-ring. The included instructions (including the website) do not address this.

It turned out that in my case, somehow the O-ring had gotten pinched between the rear opening of the firecan and the conical head on the bolt stalk screw. This took a chunk out of it and eventually (about 1 case later) it started to leak.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users