• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bashing the trillys Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   psycho91 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:26 AM

i know this has been mentioned before, so why do they do it, there really no different than any other cocker, i played with a buddy this weekend who had a mech one, all stock, and was dominatig the feild with it, it was prbaly one of the fastest markers out there besides my rail, hell this weekend inspired me to take my sf trilly that has just been sitting there getting no love and turn it into a mech and it shoots great, i dont like shooting electros anyway because for some reason every time i get one something goes wrong, i have never had a problem with a mech or a pump except for when i first got into cockers, now i dont want to shoot anything else

#2 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:04 PM

I like Trillies. They're just simplified Cockers... my friend bought one as his first marker and loves it, hasn't replaced it in several years.

I don't like the stock trigger frames though, they're terrible.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#3 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Self Medicated

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

I agree. Trilogies are fine markers. You can still do most of the same things you can do to a regular cocker. Plus, they are a great, inexpensive way to get into pump play.

I also agree about the stock trigger frame. I can't stand it. Why couldn't they make it either a one or two finger trigger. No, they had to go with a 1 1/2 finger trigger. ;)

#4 User is offline   e thom 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:e thom

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

View PostSelf Medicated, on Nov 1 2009, 07:57 PM, said:

Why couldn't they make it either a one or two finger trigger. No, they had to go with a 1 1/2 finger trigger. :D

haha

#5 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Bolt- needs to be delrin. Backblock needs lightened. The LPR needs to be replaced with something externally adjustable. The switch can't be replaced with something smoother, like a Hollowpoint, or faster, like a Bomb. The timing can't be adjusted without modification.

Bone-stock, they solve the problems of cockers. However, they also eliminate the tunability that made cockers so popular to begin with. I have no issue with Trilogies as a platform for a Sniper, or E-blade, but the stock setup just doesn't allow any finesse to sneak through.

THAT's why we smacktalk them. It's like running a stock 03 Prostock- it just isn't the same as running a beautiful amalgam of high-end cocker parts.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#6 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

Trilogy's arrived at a time when the market was saturated with low-cost electro-pneumatics like the Smart Parts Ion.

They are worlds better than either a low-end electro or the typical crap that gets sold beside them: Brass Eagle Blades, the "new" Tippmann 98's made in China, JT Tac-5's and Spyders.

I suspect they've gotten a bad rap because of both of those facts. Too bad because they're a great little gun for the money. I'd recommend one to someone on a budget, though I'd suggest a used one that hasn't been tinkered with for about half the new price.

Oh wait, minor necropost here. LOLs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users