Special Ops Paintball: what barrel would you recommend for me? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what barrel would you recommend for me? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

So.. currently I have a a-5 thread for my BT marker. The stock barrel is 8 inch. I had bought a apex tip for it and I like it.. but its not very accurate and neither is the stock barrel. I do like milism but I dont want to drop a bunch of money on something not needed. what i want is a good accurate barrel for not alot of money. I have been looking at the j & j, the 1913 by BT, and the Invert twister (does rifled barrel make a diff?). ALSO... what size would you get? 12 or 14 inch? i don't see using anything past 14. Any suggestions are appreciated.

This post has been edited by MejorQueNada: 19 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

:P

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

Rifled is not a factor. CP Classic 1 pc is the best cheap barrel on the market. IMO.

12" or 14" won't have a preformance difference.

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

I also recommend CP One Piece Classics. For the price they are extremely well made. Alternatively, If you don't mind spending a bit more, Lapco barrels are also very nice with a near perfect bore.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   MikeT 

• "Hay-Zeus" #14
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jesus14

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

I'm going to be picking up a 14" J&J; I've heard very good things. Self-cleaning is also very convenient.

This post has been edited by MikeT: 19 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Boston Reapers / Boston Creapers
Combat Ego10
RAZA'd DM9
My Feedback

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

J&J barrels are very popular. Just don't buy it solely for the self-cleaning. They do clean quite well, but no barrel will self-clean 100%, especially one with porting. The amount that it cleans will also heavily depend on the the paint you use and it's bore fit. You will still need to swab the barrel to keep your paint from curving.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:31 AM

CP, J&J, Lapco, and Dye make great barrels

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Rifled barrels do not make a difference. It is just a marketing gimmick that manufacturers "come up with" every 10 years. I have used J&J one piece ceramic barrels and CP one piece barrels. I have had no complaints out of them.

Keep in mind that paint to barrel match does affect your accuracy and your consistency. If you use the same kind of paint most the time you should be fine with a one piece barrel sized to the paint you normally use. If you normally buy whatever is on sale or go to a lot of FPO events I suggest a J&J edge kit though.

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Jan 22 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

Rifled barrels do not make a difference. It is just a marketing gimmick that manufacturers "come up with" every 10 years. I have used J&J one piece ceramic barrels and CP one piece barrels. I have had no complaints out of them.

Keep in mind that paint to barrel match does affect your accuracy and your consistency. If you use the same kind of paint most the time you should be fine with a one piece barrel sized to the paint you normally use. If you normally buy whatever is on sale or go to a lot of FPO events I suggest a J&J edge kit though.

I'm not too sure about that...

People always say rifled won't work but every review I've read by someone who actually owned and used one said it worked GREAT (Hammerheads I researched in particular, though I was somewhat interested in eventually upgrading to a MILSIG if I really like the sport years from now and I'm not a student :happy:).

I'd say ask to try people's stuff at the field, see what feels good.

Myself, I bought a used 98C with a Flatline Barrel (which unfortunately, the shroud was off of and the barrel had been a bit damaged in shipping), which I replaced with a new one when it crapped out. I've never tried a regular barrel, but I enjoy the flat trajectory - being a gamer it seemed like it'd be easier to get used to. People complain about its accuracy but I've found accuracy is only a small issue at the extreme ranges normal barrels can't reach anyways.

It's not for everyone, but it's what I like to use.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 25 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

#9 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

first off i love the flatline but i dont recomend it to somone just starting.

second, well nothing i could say would be original or new or anything you havent read before this post.
unless your only reading this post

I know im rad (randomly acting diffused) but thats no reason to overlook other peoples posts and just checking out the guy with one of the shortest names on the forum.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

View Post1-I, on Jan 25 2010, 10:03 PM, said:

first off i love the flatline but i dont recomend it to somone just starting.

second, well nothing i could say would be original or new or anything you havent read before this post.
unless your only reading this post

I know im rad (randomly acting diffused) but thats no reason to overlook other peoples posts and just checking out the guy with one of the shortest names on the forum.

Yeah, the Flatline is a tad expensive... ($100 ish) but I bought my 98C on eBay for $160 with the Flatline and Cyclone installed :)

#11 User is offline   Lachero 

• We Few...
  • PipPip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

never used a CP, but my J&J Ceramic has never given me trouble. One of those is your best bet if your going cheap. If your money is burning a hole in your pocket then i would recommend an All American by smart parts as they have worked great for me in the past. Don't try to get anything over 16 inches either as they just end up wasting air.

1-I: i like the flatline...when it works. Unfortunately, mine never worked properly and i was using top dollar paint, and air in moderate temperatures. although when someone's flatline is working it is quite the threat.
I like turtles!
Support Cedric Diggory...Edward Stinks!

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

I concur w/ what has been stated so far. The CP is a good barrel, my experience w/ it was positive. I wasn't a big fan of the J&J though, certainly didn't live up to all the great press it seems to get on all the forums. Fortunately it was my cousins that he got as part of a package deal, so no loss for me. We both upgraded to Palmers & love them. Pricey for sure but worth it in my humble opinion. Unported, they are the loudest barrels I ever shot... ported made a big difference but I was using them on an A-5 so it didn't matter. I ended up selling both of my Palmers because they were too long for my setup, though I may try to find a shorter one eventually. I currently shoot a Lapco & love it. It's an 8" so accuracy is a bit lacking at longer ranges compared to the other barrels I've used (10 - 14").

In conclusion: Palmers & Lapco are probably the best barrels you can buy (barrel kits excluded). However the CP is a very good lower cost option. Not that you have to listen to me rather than all the other posts, even if I do happen to be another "guy with one of the shortest names on the forum."
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#13 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

thx for the input everyone
:P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic