• You cannot reply to this topic

SP-1 magizine, posible or not?

#1 User is offline   mr.m21 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mr.m21

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ok so my friend is getting into paintball and is looking for a gun that is compact and able to be millsim-ed. He is looking at the Alpha Black or the Sp-1. He thinks he'll go for the SP-1 because it's Electronic and a little more high end and can accept tippman 98 stocks(with some adapter plate i believe) I wanted to know if there is a mag you can get for the Sp1, i was looking at the Bt M4 mag and it looks like it attaches on picatinny / weaver rail, but the sp1's bottom rails look to short.

If there is any other compact(CQBish) Style guns that are out there let me know!

This post has been edited by mr.m21: 20 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
I'm the belt feed question machine!!

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

View Postmr.m21, on Apr 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

Ok so my friend is getting into paintball and is looking for a gun that is compact and able to be millsim-ed. He is looking at the Alpha Black or the Sp-1. He thinks he'll go for the SP-1 because it's Electronic and a little more high end and can accept tippman 98 stocks(with some adapter plate i believe) I wanted to know if there is a mag you can get for the Sp1, i was looking at the Bt M4 mag and it looks like it attaches on picatinny / weaver rail, but the sp1's bottom rails look to short.

If there is any other compact(CQBish) Style guns that are out there let me know!

Anythings possible with a little bit of modding :dodgy:

#3 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

View PostNeo_Enhander, on Apr 21 2008, 08:13 AM, said:

View Postmr.m21, on Apr 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

Anythings possible with a little bit of modding :D

tue dat.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#4 User is offline   kchadek 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kchadek

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

i see mentioned because its electronic, just so you are aware it only comes stock with semi auto mode but i believe you can send it in to smart parts to get it upgraded, not sure though

oh and as for the mag her ya go:
http://www.opsgear.c...-Kits-s/214.htm

all of the quick release ones can attach to weaver rails which are on the bottom of the sp1

#5 User is offline   Fast_ede 

• Tank Pilot
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aust

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

Since the handle is the regulator, you may not be able to. Unless you mod it, remove the handle, run the line to a reg either in the faux magazine, or to a inline regulator. The rails otherwise seem to be too small for any m4 type magazine or bigger. You may be able to fit a mp5 magazine in front of the trigger and behind the regulator/handle, but it could be a tight squeeze. I would have to see the parts for comparison.

#6 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

You could also stick the mag on the side of the marker. That would also look pretty bad butt. I know the SP-1 has long enough rails on the side.
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#7 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

View PostDARK_KIDO, on Apr 23 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

You could also stick the mag on the side of the marker. That would also look pretty bad butt. I know the SP-1 has long enough rails on the side.

some of the sideways mags i've seen look amazing. I'm not sure about on an SP-1 though...
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#8 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

You know that the alpha black has an egrip mod out there for it and I think that with the egrip it is only 150 and it will do full auto

but to answer your actual question the sp1 can accept mag upgrades but it is hard if don't have a regulated tank because you need to hide the regulator
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#9 User is offline   army 4 life 

• 11B Infantry
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Army4life

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:43 AM

it can be done, i've been thinking about doing it too but i have no time or money at the moment, Im probably going to use an airsoft C-mag It should have enough room for the reg & looks pretty cool just gotta find a way to mount it.
TO HAVE TRIED AND FAILED IS BETTER THAN TO HAVE NEVER TRIED AT ALL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users