Special Ops Paintball: RESIDENT EVIL: Invasion of Terror by Mission Masters - Special Ops Paintball

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RESIDENT EVIL: Invasion of Terror by Mission Masters October 23, 2010 - Three Rivers Paintball, Freedom, PA Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

View PostDevyonder, on 23 September 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

it would be cool if they had a game at night

if they do that it should be a Nam game and for a more life like feeling at night they would use flares

I don't think it would be as cool as you think. Night games are really hard to play with more than a handful of people and at a field there's virtually no way for refs to reinforce rules. If you want to play a night game and have any kind of fun, your best bet would be to get some good honest friends that know the land you're on and play some backyard ball. Flares in the woods is not a good idea either, recall that brush fire last year?
Posted Image

#92 User is offline   No Fear 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death_C.A.P.S

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostSN toter, on 24 September 2010 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostDevyonder, on 23 September 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

it would be cool if they had a game at night

if they do that it should be a Nam game and for a more life like feeling at night they would use flares

I don't think it would be as cool as you think. Night games are really hard to play with more than a handful of people and at a field there's virtually no way for refs to reinforce rules. If you want to play a night game and have any kind of fun, your best bet would be to get some good honest friends that know the land you're on and play some backyard ball. Flares in the woods is not a good idea either, recall that brush fire last year?

actually i agree with devy on this one. I think a night game would be ill with the exception of the flares. Flares not only COULD cause a fire but also can burn people and with paintball people are prone to sliding, tripping, faling, etc.. flares are to much of a hazard unless placed in a stationary high and out of the way position. But even then its not worht the risk. Other alternatives though for the reffing situation. Glow in the dark paint(if it even exists ive seen it on rare occassions but havnt in years) would help along with having the refs all wearing some sort of reflective safety gear, along with having uniform flashlights that must remain on at all times even possibly a headband flashlight as well to even better distinguish them from players. This type of game would require alot of refs to be successful. As for the fa conversation we already had it in the modernwarfare thread a couple months back :D. iv played games at urban assault indoor with no lights plenty of times and i assure you its as much fun as it sounds. PLUS it would allow me(and everyone else who has them) to use nightvision binocs and tac flashlights. :P
Team Death C.A.P.S-No_Fear

#93 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

View PostNo Fear, on 24 September 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

actually i agree with devy on this one. I think a night game would be ill with the exception of the flares. Flares not only COULD cause a fire but also can burn people and with paintball people are prone to sliding, tripping, faling, etc.. flares are to much of a hazard unless placed in a stationary high and out of the way position. But even then its not worht the risk. Other alternatives though for the reffing situation. Glow in the dark paint(if it even exists ive seen it on rare occassions but havnt in years) would help along with having the refs all wearing some sort of reflective safety gear, along with having uniform flashlights that must remain on at all times even possibly a headband flashlight as well to even better distinguish them from players. This type of game would require alot of refs to be successful. As for the fa conversation we already had it in the modernwarfare thread a couple months back :D. iv played games at urban assault indoor with no lights plenty of times and i assure you its as much fun as it sounds. PLUS it would allow me(and everyone else who has them) to use nightvision binocs and tac flashlights. :P

I've tried night games, trust me on this.

Let's think about this for a minute. Yes refs could wear reflective gear. How is that going to help? Some players, if they are close enough, might be able to see them but the refs wouldn't be able to see what was going on in the field. Do you really think they're going to be effective with flashlights? They won't be able to see every time a new player lifts off their mask in game, or someone wipes a hit, goes out of bounds, etc... Even then, players won't be able to distinguish what's a ref's flashlight or a milsimmers tac light. Hell, players don't even recognize different color armbands at MM games sometimes, and that's in broad daylight. Aside from ineffective refs, there would be insane amounts of friendly fire. Add to that the fact that people would be much more prone to injury considering the lack of vision in the dark. It's just unsafe. Take all of that into account, then consider how that would even be possible for the event producers. Plus, I'm sure there's probably an insurance clause about that for obvious safety reasons as well.

I do like the CQB at Urban Assault as well. Not a huge fan some other aspects of that field, but the hanger field is cool.
Posted Image

#94 User is offline   No Fear 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

View PostSN toter, on 25 September 2010 - 07:00 AM, said:

View PostNo Fear, on 24 September 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

I've tried night games, trust me on this.

Let's think about this for a minute. Yes refs could wear reflective gear. How is that going to help? Some players, if they are close enough, might be able to see them but the refs wouldn't be able to see what was going on in the field. Do you really think they're going to be effective with flashlights? They won't be able to see every time a new player lifts off their mask in game, or someone wipes a hit, goes out of bounds, etc... Even then, players won't be able to distinguish what's a ref's flashlight or a milsimmers tac light. Hell, players don't even recognize different color armbands at MM games sometimes, and that's in broad daylight. Aside from ineffective refs, there would be insane amounts of friendly fire. Add to that the fact that people would be much more prone to injury considering the lack of vision in the dark. It's just unsafe. Take all of that into account, then consider how that would even be possible for the event producers. Plus, I'm sure there's probably an insurance clause about that for obvious safety reasons as well.

I do like the CQB at Urban Assault as well. Not a huge fan some other aspects of that field, but the hanger field is cool.

I've played pitch black games as well it was great. Its personal preference. People who can't tell arm bands is fineits a thing called battle awareness that can make or break a player. If its something they can't distinguish during the day then at night it wouldn't make a difference. Night games can be done if not then there wouldn't be fields that hold night scenarios. Whether it is worth the expenseis really what it comes down it would cost more money to run a night game meanioning increased admissions and fees. And once again glow in the dark paint helps with the wiping the field wuld just need to provide the uv light cn as most people don't have uv hoppers. Also who xaresif peoples wiping then you get to keep shooting them till theyv hafd enough. Its all about having fun and I have fun regardless of people wiping.

#95 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

Okay, either you are arguing for the sake of arguing, or you aren't looking at this from a logistical standpoint.

People who can't tell arm bands is fineits a thing called battle awareness that can make or break a player. If its something they can't distinguish during the day then at night it wouldn't make a difference.

What? That makes no sense. Do you really think people are going to have a grand old time getting FF'd? Let's not call it 'battle awareness' either, we play a sport - we don't go to war. How can you have any kind of awareness if you can't see?

Night games can be done if not then there wouldn't be fields that hold night scenarios.

Look, I'm not saying it can't be done. Like I said - this is a fine idea to get together with a handful of friends to do

I've been playing paintball for 15 years and I've never seen a field hold an only night game. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it sure as heck doesn't happen often. At. All. The only time I've seen night scenarios is when a 24 hour monster game has a night session, and even then only a percentage of the event players participate.

And once again glow in the dark paint helps with the wiping the field wuld just need to provide the uv light cn as most people don't have uv hoppers.

And what field is going to invest not only in the GntD rounds, but also UV hoppers for every player? They were called traccer rounds a few years back, I don't even know if they are still made.

Also who xaresif peoples wiping then you get to keep shooting them till theyv hafd enough.

Wow. Great sportsmanship there.

I'm going back on topic now, who's dressing up for this one? I'm trying to get Seng to pull off the dress....He'd play in it too, lol.

This post has been edited by SN toter: 25 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

#96 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Night games are a logistical nightmare for fields; they're impossible to run and harder to ref. The percentage of players interested in playing them is a vast minority, and even among those players, the experience can be very hit or miss depending on how well the games are run and how honorably they are played.

Personally, I have zero interest in playing a night game that I know will suffer from operational problems, safety issues, reffing issues, and most likely poor sportsmanship. Even in a best case scenario, all it would be is a friendly-fire festival plagued with campers, "snipers," and a handful of kids trying to skew the odds by using nightvision.

No thanks.

#97 User is offline   Devyonder 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

nice points every one but i still think they shoud try it, maby just a few normal games first just to see how it goes. flares i understand but like floodlights by the base and flag. and as safety, sure it wount be as safe as a day game, but look a football there is broken limbs and injures every game, baseball a few years back a man got hit by a ball and it smashed is helmit and he almost died, god bless him, he had to go to a rehabilation hospital. there are dangers in all sports but that iis part of the reson we play them, to push the limit to what we can do and to say that we did.

if you dont wont to play a night game then dont go to the game, all im saying just pick a date and have a night game you dont want to go then dont, but danger is apart of us and it makes most things fun, like sky divering

#98 User is offline   No Fear 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

View PostSN toter, on 25 September 2010 - 09:13 PM, said:

Okay, either you are arguing for the sake of arguing, or you aren't looking at this from a logistical standpoint.

People who can't tell arm bands is fineits a thing called battle awareness that can make or break a player. If its something they can't distinguish during the day then at night it wouldn't make a difference.

What? That makes no sense. Do you really think people are going to have a grand old time getting FF'd? Let's not call it 'battle awareness' either, we play a sport - we don't go to war. How can you have any kind of awareness if you can't see?

Night games can be done if not then there wouldn't be fields that hold night scenarios.

Look, I'm not saying it can't be done. Like I said - this is a fine idea to get together with a handful of friends to do

I've been playing paintball for 15 years and I've never seen a field hold an only night game. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it sure as heck doesn't happen often. At. All. The only time I've seen night scenarios is when a 24 hour monster game has a night session, and even then only a percentage of the event players participate.

And once again glow in the dark paint helps with the wiping the field wuld just need to provide the uv light cn as most people don't have uv hoppers.

And what field is going to invest not only in the GntD rounds, but also UV hoppers for every player? They were called traccer rounds a few years back, I don't even know if they are still made.

Also who xaresif peoples wiping then you get to keep shooting them till theyv hafd enough.

Wow. Great sportsmanship there.

I'm going back on topic now, who's dressing up for this one? I'm trying to get Seng to pull off the dress....He'd play in it too, lol.

Im done with th4e night game conversation but as for your remark on my sportsmanship im going to have to reply to that and im done with debating so dont reply and if you feel the need to then do so but i will not. you take a shot at my sportsmanship but is the point of the sportnot to shoot people? whether its speedball or woodsball. So why would me saying shooting wipers till theyv had enough be unsportsmanlike, if they dont go out they are still in, in which case they must be shot until they throw there hands up. I dont play for sportsmanship i play to win and to have fun. You throw out your "age" experience like its so important ive only been playing for 7 years but age and expereince isnt everything. iv seen night games being advertised on this site plenty of times. which is why i brought it up.And theres no need to take shots at people on a forum. Take your shots on the field. So agree to disagree and happy hunting.

#99 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

This is the last thing about it I'll say, it's gotten too off topic already. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue this.

as safety, sure it wount be as safe as a day game, but look a football there is broken limbs and injures every game, baseball a few years back a man got hit by a ball and it smashed is helmit and he almost died, ... there are dangers in all sports but that iis part of the reson we play them

But this isn't football or baseball and we don't get paid millions. It's glorified 'it tag'. The 'dangers' might be a reason you play games, but it's sure as heck not one of the reasons I do.

Look, I already said this twice but I'll repeat myself again. This is a fine idea to get together with some friends and I hope you have an injury free blast doing it. That said, it's not as easy as picking a date for a field to set something like that up. Riddler and I already spoke to just some of the logistics of it in this thread. It's just not a responsible kind of event to run.

On a bright note, we're under a month to RE :)
Posted Image

#100 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

View PostNo Fear, on 26 September 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

I dont play for sportsmanship.

Awesome. See you at RE.

This post has been edited by SN toter: 26 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image

#101 User is offline   Devyonder 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

finaly the month is almost done i think this month was too long

last thing i respect your opions on night games thats all for me

cant wait for RE i hope there are tanks

#102 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:34 AM

View PostDevyonder, on 26 September 2010 - 11:22 AM, said:

cant wait for RE i hope there are tanks

Tanks, eh? What's the word on that, MM? Guess I'll pick up some paint grenades if there are.
Posted Image

#103 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

I cant remember if there have been tanks in the previous RE games. If there will be a few on this one we'll have to dust off the LAW!

#104 User is offline   xdevon 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

I'll be theeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :)

#105 User is offline   SN toter 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:29 AM

View PostEnhander, on 27 September 2010 - 06:58 AM, said:

I cant remember if there have been tanks in the previous RE games. If there will be a few on this one we'll have to dust off the LAW!

LAW FTmfnW!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users