Special Ops Paintball: Couple of Q's on HPA with my SLG - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Couple of Q's on HPA with my SLG Probably easy, but i couldn't find anything specific using the sea

#1 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

Alright, so theres a couple things i was wondering between the hpa and my SLG

I have a 68/4500 tank and got it filled to roughly 4000, maybe 4100. I got off about 950 shots from a case (dropped about half a pod when reloading /facepalm) with my stratos tank set to the high pressure. Its currently reading out about 900-1000 psi left, so im thinking maybe another 100-300 shots, brand new gun so the reg isnt broken in yet, same with the tank. IF i change it out once the tank is dead, will i get more shots if i set the tank down to low pressure? If so, can anyone tell me how many shims are factory placed into a WGP Stratos 68/4500 2in1 tank? I was gonna change it before hand, but i couldnt get the brass rod out and couldn't tell if there was more than one shim, since thats all i could get out.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#2 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

I might be wrong, but I don't think that changing your output pressure on your tank will change your efficiency. Your marker's reg will put the same amount of pressure in your marker, regardless of what your tank is putting out. Unless of course you have too little pressure, then the marker will be starved for air.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#3 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Well the slg is rated to only need about 150 psi to function, so i figured if i set it to low pressure i would be able to get more per tank fill since i would be able to drain the tank more. Idk thats just the way it sounds like it should work, but i've never used HPA before, so this is all kinda new to me
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

No your guns regulator is still putting 150 psi into the gun, no matter what the tank reg does. You should mess with it at all. Wait till you break in the gun, then adjust the dwell and LPR to get more efficency
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#5 User is offline   Epic win 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Yardsalesniper312

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

View PostEcellg, on Sep 7 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

No your guns regulator is still putting 150 psi into the gun, no matter what the tank reg does. You should mess with it at all. Wait till you break in the gun, then adjust the dwell and LPR to get more efficency

I don't think the SLG has an LPR.

#6 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

Right, well, again, new to the electro/HPA area, so can either of you explain what dwell and LPR mean?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

View PostPrivate Silver, on Sep 7 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Right, well, again, new to the electro/HPA area, so can either of you explain what dwell and LPR mean?

LPR is a low pressure regulator. Most of the higherend Electros have them- there's actually three regs on most marker systems- the tank reg, the inline reg, and the LPR. Some add a fourth (or fifth), but that's neither here nor there.

Dwell is the amount of time the solenoid stays open and allows air to flow. Different boards control Dwell differently, And there are a few other factors that can affect it- For example, in an ion, Dwell can be affected by bolts and QEVs. It's still controlled by the board, but different parts in the marker can increase and decrease the Dwell you need and thus affect the efficiency of the marker. I've never personally worked with an SLG, so I don't know the factors on that marker.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#8 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

SLG is trip sear. There is no LPR. The dwell setting controls the amount of power to the noid like in a Tippmann Egrip. So these don't apply here.

OP the tank controls the max air pressure out of the tank. Not the mininum. Since the ASA pin opens the tank valve all the tank's air will bleed out.

You're marker is operating normal. It's a spoolie design.

Moved to dye/proto

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users