• You cannot reply to this topic

X7G Primary Base Marker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

An idea to upgrade my X7. I toned it down to what might actually be affordable and reasonable.

Mk9 X7G - $368.79:
- New Designz Cyclone Combo Black ($78.95 @ AVPB)
- WarGear Premium Paddles Black ($24.95 @ Link)
- RAP4 X7 Spring Set (Sale $9.95) ($19.95 @ RAP4)
- Lapco Big Shot Apex 12 Inch ($84.99 @ AVPB)
- Crossfire 88/45HP ($159.95 @ AVPB)
- Cyclone 1/8" Banjo (x2) and Airline ($0.00 @ Tippmann Customer Service)

Gear Kit - $141.85:
- V-Force Profiler SE Reverse Green ($59.95 @ AVPB)
- SO Ultralite 7 Pant Omnipat ($45.95 @ SOPB)
- SO Ultralite 7 Jersey Omnipat ($35.95 @ SOPB)
- Preowned Coiled Remote Line.
- Preowned random crappy pod pack (might get a recruit vest).

Notes:
- Designed to be well rounded
- Cyclone upgrades for speed.
- Lapco w/Apex; accuracy, Apex, & speed capable.
- Crossfire 88/45HP; very nice tank & good price.
- Highest tension spring equipped (black).
- Profiler; overall great mask I've heard? Anyone think otherwise?
- Omnipat; good all around pattern.

Current Work:
- Always looking for cheaper prices. Some of the more expensive stuff I'll wait to buy during special sales. Some items are undeniably excessively expensive. Lower prices are worth the wait some times (ex.: D7, Flexi Air, & E-Grip Kit).
- Check it out; APE X7 Rampage Board. Not at all necessary for this setup but still cool thats its finally released! I don't actually need to shoot that fast so I won't be getting it. 20bps is all you should really need for woods ball in my opinion.

Variants:
- X7G2, the assault kit mod. Adds a grenade launcher and a 450rd loader.
- X7G3, the sniper mod. Adds a longer barrel, a high performance optic, and a classic rifle look.
- X7G4, the CQB mod. MP5-N style looks, drop forward, sliding Metadyne stock, and sound amplifier.

Websites:

This post has been edited by Cheapo: 14 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

#2 User is offline   MrCow 

• Teh NiNjA
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MULGARATH

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

pics?

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Jeez, got a kitchen sink in there?

I take more of a minimalist approach:
-Classic Valved Automag
-comfortable clothing
-Viewloader 90
-90 rounds of whatever fresh paint I can find
-9oz CO2
-JT Flex7

It works for whatever position you want it to, and all together was less than $200. The mask was the most expensive part. The way I see it - you can have the full-on decked out uber commando with top of the line everything image. That's one option. But I'd rather be the guy playing with the same primitive stuff that I'm familiar with and have always used. If you look in history some of the best fighters were people using whatever they could get their hands one - everything from the revolutionaries to the vietcong.

This post has been edited by Piller: 25 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   Sasquatch X7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

................. i dont get the point to this.

#5 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

So wait,Your telling me you want to spend $1000+ on a marker that will probably end up shooting about 1/4 as well as say a bob long vice thats $750?
*facepalm*
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#6 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

IMHO, you're going to find the marker outperforms you. Start simple: upgraded barrel, double trigger, Palmers stabilizer, and a stock. If it doesnt work for you over a few games (not consistent enough, too low a rate of fire compared to what you want/can do), switch to HPA, and add the egrip. If that doesn't work, then add the cyclone upgrades. Consider how often you'll actually need/use/be able to use the maximum ROF that you'll be pouring money into obtaining before you go and spend the money on it. Be sure you have something to compare it against.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#7 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:40 AM

View Postjosef_k, on Aug 8 2008, 07:02 AM, said:

IMHO, you're going to find the marker outperforms you. Start simple: upgraded barrel, double trigger, Palmers stabilizer, and a stock. If it doesnt work for you over a few games (not consistent enough, too low a rate of fire compared to what you want/can do), switch to HPA, and add the egrip. If that doesn't work, then add the cyclone upgrades. Consider how often you'll actually need/use/be able to use the maximum ROF that you'll be pouring money into obtaining before you go and spend the money on it. Be sure you have something to compare it against.

AMEN!!

#8 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

The biggest thing i have to say is to buy as you go along it will be a better waste of money if you do that than outright, becasue paintball is the best and biggest waste of money out there :P :P

I would spend money first on more comfortable battle wear because paintball is a extremely tiring workout becasue it strains both your body and your mind the entire time so by getting soem better battle wear you save valuable energy fo when the battle really heats up.

-IF you do alot of heavy woodsball a vest is the best way to go, i have a specops scout vest which works great and it has enough room to carry just about a thousand rounds on you plus air

-If your getting a vest i would invest in some lighter clothing such as some of the specops stuff or if your like me get some camo underarmor and elbow pads.

-Get some nice boots Magnum makes some of the best and lightest boots ive seen out there for paintball and if you think it dosent matter it does

-Vforce grillz or empire events are great woodsball masks.

Now for gun related upgrades:

-HPA TANKS get a large tank it is the best thing you can get becasue it will imporve your guns consistancy and performance overall and it works way better than CO2 if your shooting full auto, i would tell you to get this before anything else

-Get a remote line to carry the tank on your back, it reduces your fatigue greatly and is one of the best upgrades ever in woodsball.

-The egrip on the X7 Already has the Wicked Air Sports board in it which slings paint at up to 30BPS so dont worry bout geting the Ape board.

-Getting a Stock is a tossup if you are going to get one and still want to keep using the sights on your gun i would get a airthru dogleg stock from Specops.

-A barrel is a great upgrade there are many out there so do some research, i would reccomend a stiffi beacsue they are overbored to .691 so you can use a variety of different paint with out worying about seve breakage.

-Cyclone upgrades lookup T-Tech they have great upgrades that my freinds use

Thats all i would reccomend to you becasue my freinds team has PIMPED out X7s that they shoot hard and fast but they have to do repairs after almost every game

so keep any upgrades simple and dont make any unnecessary ones becasue youll regret any wasted money down the road. youll get a feel for what you need and dont after a few times going.

This post has been edited by Guy In Digi Camo: 11 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#9 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

Don't buy anything by New Designz, they is t3h suck! If you wanna' up your cyclone buy Tech T, they sell a combo pack that has squishy paddles, ratchet (VERY GOOD RATCHET), piston housing, and a good piston itself called the lightening rod.
Word.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users