• You cannot reply to this topic

opsgear stock =junk+wasteofmoney

#1 User is offline   vargg 

• giggidy giggidy giggidy goo
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:vargg

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

yeah pretty much what the topic says opsgear stocks are junk.was just shootin it and it falls apart so they give me a new 1 .... yup u guessed it this 1 falls apart too . hmmm operater errror me think not.cheap chinese junk yup.any 1 wants details pm me. sick of mailing them their garbage back to em.stickin with spec ops from here out just wish spec ops made a nice folding stock. maybe they will.o btw it was the ak47 folding stock.is same as the g36 folder so im sure that 1 is junk too.anyhoo nuff said just tryin ta save peeps the same frustration as me.

#2 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KONA

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:41 AM

Wow ,thanks for the heads up. B)

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:06 AM

opsgear has gotten much better in recent years at least. If you think they are bad now, you should have seen em 3 years back. Everything they put out was a plastic airsoft piece piece of ****, modded to fit a paintball marker. So they take one solid hit and they'd shatter or crack. Happened to everyone. Enough people complained that they finally started actually using metal in their mods. Who would have though plastic airsoft parts couldnt hold up to real world uses? B) Morons.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:17 AM

I did not know that they were an airsoft company ,all this time I thought they were a paintball company,that dose exsplain the heavy use of plastics. B)

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:30 AM

oh they are not an airsoft company. They just used air soft parts for their "uber sniper kits" cause they could buy them cheap, and sell them for a ridiculous mark up. Eventually enough people complained and i think they have gotten away from all plastic mods, but i wouldnt know. I bought one thing from them and will never buy from them again.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:27 AM

View Postreapermen, on Sep 10 2006, 11:30 PM, said:

oh they are not an airsoft company. They just used air soft parts for their "uber sniper kits" cause they could buy them cheap, and sell them for a ridiculous mark up. Eventually enough people complained and i think they have gotten away from all plastic mods, but i wouldnt know. I bought one thing from them and will never buy from them again.

man,that says it all,dont buy from these guys. B)

#7 User is offline   vargg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:27 AM

its true i got the g36 kit gen 1 and gen 2 all plastic junk theyve replaced it 3 times now for me i finally gave up and "bondoed" it back together myself.

#8 User is offline   Blackhawk0926 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:blackhawk0926

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

I have bought from OPSGEAR over 20 times and have spent around $1500 on their gear. I got my first OPSGEAR product in 2004 and I have never had a single problem. I play paintball every weekend and have never heard of anyone who has had problems with OPSGEAR either (OPSGEAR is very popular where I play paintball).

In the very beggining, OPSGEAR (which started out in 2001 with only 2 employees) did sell airsoft parts adapted to fit the A5 but the company was very very small at the time. As the company got bigger they started to produce their own products. They never expected the company to get this big and when they started, airsoft parts were all they could afford. Now, they dont have a single product for sale (for a paintball gun) that was originally from a airsoft gun. Before you say how much they suck, realize one thing. OPSGEAR (now) sees Paintball as a training tool and Spec Ops sees paintball as a sport. The Urban Warefare Center in UT, which is owned and operated by OPSGEAR, provides training for SWAT, police and the military. The guns used for training in the UWF are paintball guns modded with OPSGEAR products and most of the people who run the place were either in the military or police. If you check their website now ( www.opsgear.com ) you will see that the products are seperated into 4 groups. Military, Police, Hi-speed, and paintball.

I have a OPSGEAR MP5 PDW folding stock for one of my A5s and its great. All the OPSGEAR stocks use the same folding mechinism and the only difference is the shape of the stock. I dont see how it could break easy unless you start fooling around with the spring and rod that connect the two pieces of the stock. Some of their products are plastic but alot are metal. Whats so bad about plastic anyway. Look at Spec Ops stuff. Spec Ops uses more plastic in their products than OPSGEAR.

OPSGEAR products are the total opposite of crap. If you are going to say they are, at least explain why.

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

I think vargg needs to give some detail, otherwise this doesn't count as a review it's just a comapliant.

Info needed: Type of stock, condition of stock out of box, materials stock is made from, ease of install, amount of time stock was used, how did it fail and when.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   drumboy 

• Walk by Faith not by sight
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drumboy

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

I agree i've heard a lot of good reviews from two guys i know (not on the stocks i'm not shur about those)but stuff like there gun kits I heard those were great so please give us some info
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#11 User is offline   vargg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:27 AM

ok here we go fellas i got the ak folder.both were brand new, thought i had already said this but anyhoo. is made of plastic, but that not the problem. problem is after shootin it and nothing else it just decided to break off at where it mounts. u know where the 2 pins go in . thats where it broke right off. not once but 2 times now.1st one lasted bout 3 months maybe 5 cases and 2nd didnt last a month not even 2 cases of paint. and in my opinion that is enufff for me to warrant a bad review lol just sick of repeating my self. i will post pics soon.now if u look closely at this turd u will see a aluminum? insert molded into the plastic , u know the part that mounts into the rear end of the a5.upon closer examination u can clearly see that this insert is molded sooo crooked.i belive this is why it failed and id imagine most are this way.poor quility molding and or materials. now if it werent for the fact that the stock self destructs i would say is cool "looking" stock.for that matter i will be selling the 3rd, count em 3rd stock they will be sending me. becuz im sick of it breaking mid game.on that note if u guys think this @#$%in pos is good feel free and buy it from me 40 shipped and this beauty is yours lol be warned they will not replace it if u didnt buy it from them when it does break.and it will. ive been surfing other forums to see how many other people this has happened too and its fairly common.go ahead defend em if you will i dont care. i will be usin spec ops from here out.their stock dont explode for no dam reason.opsgear makes me laugh so bad they read all the forums and try to make sure no bad press gets out thats why i am so adament about bashing them.so u cant say a bad thing about them on their own forum, topic will be deleted . and to me thats whole reason we have review section. and as far as just a complaint. i dont care if this stock ran around and played the game for me if it doest "not break" lol it aint worth a DOO DOO so my "review"is dont buy this it sucks o yeah and looks cool laying on ground after it ejects it self from the gun when mounts break and your spring and spring guide fly out into the woods. thats my review lmfao and to opsgear who i know are reading this u suck DUMPER and i will be passing this around. i run a field here in rochester so alot of people come through and ask about gear i sure wont be sending any your way. and btw im a cnc machinist tool and die maker / moldmaker so i think i know a little bit about quality \. i been in the trade for 12 years now. just so u know im not sum snot nosed kid complainin about my broken opsgear crap.any 1 want any other info like the nice bag it came in or like how its green or something lemme know.

This post has been edited by vargg: 13 September 2006 - 04:59 AM

#12 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:18 AM

That's a bit better, but paragraphs and punctuation would make it easier to read and follow.

Something like :

Product: AK Folding Stock
MFG: OPS Gear
Material made from: Plastic
Conditiond: Good
Ease of install:

Review: I had purchased and installed it and it looked cool. After I got it mounted to my marker I was able to use if for about 3 months, or 5 cases of paint before it broke at the mouning point.

I contacted Ops Gear and the replaced it for me. Again it was a plastic stock. This one only lasted about 2 cases of paint before it broke in the same place.

I now have a third stock on it's way which I'm planning on selling.

Even though Ops Gear is trying to fix the problem thier best bet would be to refund my money or make the stock better.

If you look closely at the stock you'll see what appears to be an aluminium insert molded into the plastic at the mounting point.You can see that it is mounted in there crookedly and this is why I think it failed. The point of failure was at were the pins are inserted.

After searching other forums it seems this is a commonproblem with this particular stock. The only place I wasn't able to find this problem was on the Ops Gear forum. IT's as if they delete anything that is a negative review.

Overall rating: 3/10

We've had several people voice their opinions (negative and positive) about both Spec Ops and Ops Gear. We understand that a company cannot grwo with out faults being pointed out.

To anyone that reads this thread DO NOT turn this into a "Spec Ops vs Ops Gear" thread. The only comments needed are in regards the AK Folding stock.

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 13 September 2006 - 05:22 AM

Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#13 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:25 AM

Ok I want to see pic's now. :D

#14 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:00 AM

Its called a buffer o-ring, many stocks and RVA's come with them to prevent the problems you are having, in addition to: breaking push pins and cracked receivers.
Just find a o-ring about 7/8 in OD and toss it in between the hammer and the stock with the drive spring through the center.The o-ring absorbs the brunt of the force of the hammer striking the stock adapter.

BTW like RAP, OPSGEAR just rebrands most/some of their products, they don't make them in house.

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 13 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

#15 User is offline   Condition_Red 

• Nar Dralshy'a
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Condition_Red

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

That explains alot. I didn't think about it until just now, but one of my teammates had a car stock that we bought through Opsgear. It didn't have the buffer o-ring with it. We couldn't figure out why the stock kept falling apart in the field. But I guess it had to be because of the hammer striking the endcap on the stock and loosening the screws. At least the stock was metal.

Anyway, I've purchased several Opsgear mods and so have my teammates. I've never had too many problems with any of it. I think the issue of set-screws damaging barrels could be addressed, like a sleeve that the set screw would fit into without causing damage. They have gotten better over the years, that I will attest to. But I've gravitated away from most of their products, just because I'd rather have function over form.

This post has been edited by Condition_Red: 13 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

Command Sgt. Boley - aka Condition_Red aka CR-6544 - Lone Wolf/Ghost Flanker Broadsword
proud owner of Bakemono, an AirH0g-modified Katana A-5 Feedback Run for your lives...

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users