Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann A-5 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann A-5 what do u guys think of it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Postess 

• You two flanking positions I'll distract him.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Guess you can't find me with all the paint I put on your face!
  • Brigade Name:Postess

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Personaly i love my A5 it shoots every time and has a great aim. I use the 14inch teardrop barrel. Does every1 rly hate the cyclon? I was reading a seperate thread and it seemed like every1 was bashing on it. I love the cyclone, I shoot a ball every time and don't have to wrry about buying an expensive hopper to make sure i do. Well i was just curious how every one else felt about the A5.....
Rising to the challenge is only the first part, winning is the second.

CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...ew.asp?id=25848

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

It's all personal preference really. A lot of people like the cyclone and a lot of people do not.

I personally am not a big fan. While it does not need batteries, It's still a rather complicated method of feeding 15bps. It's large, sticking out the side of the marker. While it is included with the marker, its price is also factored in. If you add in all of the "upgrades" people like to include such as exhaust pistons or squishy paddles it can get expensive really quick. You don't really need an expensive hopper to feed reliably. Empire Reloader IIs can feed at the same rate, are sound activated so they don't make any noise, extremely efficient on batteries, and are only $40. If you ever get another marker you can take the hopper with you. The other nice thing is that if a normal hopper happens to break or malfunction you can always put a new one on, with a cyclone you need to fix it.

But like I said, it's all personal preference. I don't hate the cyclone, I respect it for what it is. A lot of people like that the feeding mechanism is part of the marker. I usually just use a 50-100 round gravity hopper. With the right play style it's the cheapest, most reliable, and simplest route.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

I really like my A-5, although its heavy, it get the job done. I have also noticed that a lot of people dislike the A-5, but its their choice, mabey they have used an A-5 and liked it but then used a Smart Parts or a Spyder and liked that more, but like Piller said, its all about personal preference.

I love my A-5!

~~The Horde~~ :D
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#4 User is offline   Caleb95 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Weber95

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

I have had an A-5 for a year and I am still happy with it. This is because it is a very upgradable gun to put extra parts on and it is not an expensive gun in the first place. Personally I have found it very accurate and reliable when I use it on the field. Everything about it is amazing except for the fact that it is an air hog so you will need to get more air then you would have to get for other guns.

#5 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

the batteries was the big sellpoint for me..and no feedneck that gets loose. huzzah. i would rather have my 2 cyclones on my double trouble than any other 2 markers with hoppers. the cyclone is the only one i know of that had the high ammo capacity. imean, what othe rhopper system can put 450 balls per load and now have to worry about it falling off the gun?

heavy, yea. louder than another hopper? who cares. they all trigger when you fire a shot, and im pretty sure people are listening to whats comin out of the barrel not the hopper. as far as rattle goes, that's just something all hoppers do.

so i say cyclone. but thats just me.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'll be rocking my A5 for the rest of the season.

just got the commando package deal from spec ops, and some replacement parts to get her up to par.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   RTHEX9 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RTHEX9

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Love my A5. With RT it shoots as fast as I need and there's NO other gun that you can do so many cool add-on/hacked up milsim mods to. I'm thinkin about trying to get Phenom internals in it I like it so much!

#8 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Had an A5. It gets the job done. A lot of the time, that is all you need.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#9 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

I LOVE THE A5!

I've had mine about six years. It's a hand-held shoulder fired tank! It's gone months without even the consideration of being cleaned, it's been droped in rivers, thrown on rocks, dragged through mud, fallen on (repeatedly) and in my favorite display of A5 invincibility saved me from probable serious injury: at a dead run over a boulder strewn dry river bed I tripped over one of the rocks and found myself flying face first at full speed for some boulders. Stuck out my trusty A5 to break my fall, it took the full force of impact barrel first against a rock, I thought it was dead. Jammed up for a few seconds then proceded to perform the rest of the day superbly and without further incident.

In the six years I've had it the cyclone has failed once. That terrified me because I never had the cajones to open it up and check it out based on the assumption that it would probably be very complicated, difficult to put back together and sensitive. But since it wasn't working I no longer had any choice, I opened it up and found to my supprise my original assumption couldn't have been further from the truth. I think there were a staggering two main parts, a ratchet, and a spring. Didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, so I put it back together and it magically was working... never failed again. Total downtime of my marker over the span of it's life time: a few hours max.

I have a hard time believing that my A5 has survived what I put it through... at this point I'm fairly certain it's actually undead. By the way, have never had to spend a dime upgrading or replacing any of the internals (the cyclone and gun are only as expensive as you make them). Internals are all original and it still fires like it's fresh out of the box.

I've heard that the quality has gone down on the newer models, which is really sad. But if you have one of the originals there's nothing tougher out there and it can perform with the best of them out of the box.

Oh and one last thing: the 98 Custom. My cousin stopped playing and left his rusting in a garage for about three or four years before I took it over. It was leaked on every winter, and baked every summer. I took it out about a year ago, opened it up, oiled it, put it back together, and it worked like a charm. Tippmann is the AK of the paintball world... and with their customizability they're also the M4 of the paintball world. Double whammy.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Shipwreck!, on 22 September 2010 - 05:20 AM, said:

I LOVE THE A5!

I've had mine about six years. It's a hand-held shoulder fired tank! It's gone months without even the consideration of being cleaned, it's been droped in rivers, thrown on rocks, dragged through mud, fallen on (repeatedly) and in my favorite display of A5 invincibility saved me from probable serious injury: at a dead run over a boulder strewn dry river bed I tripped over one of the rocks and found myself flying face first at full speed for some boulders. Stuck out my trusty A5 to break my fall, it took the full force of impact barrel first against a rock, I thought it was dead. Jammed up for a few seconds then proceded to perform the rest of the day superbly and without further incident.

In the six years I've had it the cyclone has failed once. That terrified me because I never had the cajones to open it up and check it out based on the assumption that it would probably be very complicated, difficult to put back together and sensitive. But since it wasn't working I no longer had any choice, I opened it up and found to my supprise my original assumption couldn't have been further from the truth. I think there were a staggering two main parts, a ratchet, and a spring. Didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, so I put it back together and it magically was working... never failed again. Total downtime of my marker over the span of it's life time: a few hours max.

I have a hard time believing that my A5 has survived what I put it through... at this point I'm fairly certain it's actually undead. By the way, have never had to spend a dime upgrading or replacing any of the internals (the cyclone and gun are only as expensive as you make them). Internals are all original and it still fires like it's fresh out of the box.

I've heard that the quality has gone down on the newer models, which is really sad. But if you have one of the originals there's nothing tougher out there and it can perform with the best of them out of the box.

Oh and one last thing: the 98 Custom. My cousin stopped playing and left his rusting in a garage for about three or four years before I took it over. It was leaked on every winter, and baked every summer. I took it out about a year ago, opened it up, oiled it, put it back together, and it worked like a charm. Tippmann is the AK of the paintball world... and with their customizability they're also the M4 of the paintball world. Double whammy.

Hell-to-the-YEEAH!
Similiar situation, brought my first 98c out a few months ago, bought it in 2000, cleaned and lubbed it up, put a new barrel on and it shoots like a dream.

#11 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Domi-Nate, on 22 September 2010 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hell-to-the-YEEAH!
Similiar situation, brought my first 98c out a few months ago, bought it in 2000, cleaned and lubbed it up, put a new barrel on and it shoots like a dream.

I concur! These gats are legit!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

Mine sucked donkey balls. Really. The cyclone broke every day of play, yes EVERY. And this is long before they had metal ratchets and upgrade kits, back in 2002. It got really annoying fast having to sit out the rest of the day over a $1.50 part everytime, finally i got wise and would buy em 10 at a time. STill would just go right through them. Never saw a cyclone eat ratchets so badly. I wouldn't have mind as much if i could have put a different hopper on it, but it is an A5, this was long before the qloader mods and such. I ended up ditching it in disgust and picking up an autococker and never looked back. My friends never had nearly as many problems with thiers, yeah they'd act wonky now and again, but mine just straight would eat ratchets like me at a chinese buffet. I owned a Factory F/A for awhile before i gave it away, it had the precursor to the cyclone, spring driven instead of air. That thing never let me down.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

Legato, on 22 September 2010 - 10:21 PM, said:

Mine sucked donkey balls...

I'm fairly certain we've bitterly argued the reliability of the A5 based on your personal experience versus mine haha! I suppose we're probably both flukes on opposite ends of the spectrum. Whether it was just blind luck, or the Tippmann factory just happened to have a really good day when they built my gun, I don't care. I'm glad my experience turned out the way it did because I bet it would be pretty difficult to get a G36 folding stock, RIS handgaurd, optic sight, 30 round tac cap and a tac light on an auto cocker, if my Tippmann turned out to suck. And sorry yours sucked donkey balls, hahaha! I actually really like the sound of that spring driven cyclone, that might save alot of air, and make the pneumatics more simple/reliable too! Maybe they should go back to that.

Oh yeah, my favorite part of my experience: I've never had to buy another gun.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   nate 

• Back from the dead
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nated

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

i bought my A5 back when they first came out (big upgrade from a brass eagle and a pro-carbine) and it has NEVER once failed me. tippmanns are like the ak47 of paintball "It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do." -Yuri Orlov (lord of war ak-47 rant) but back on topic i havent played in a solid year and the last time i played i didnt clean my a5 the other day i grabbed it and dry fired it sounded great. gave her a good cleaning then let out a full hopper of year old paint i found in the basement not one break not one sputter not one leak. as for the cyclone i think its a better invention than sliced bread (and i freaking love sliced bread) yeah sure its loud and too slow for a grip without modification. but i still love it.

get an a5 dude
ORIGINAL tippmann a5, lapco 16" bigshot, all lapco cyclone internals and qeph, jcs red hot powertube

#15 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

A-5=tough! I threw mine in a tree chipper and when it came out the other end it re formed it self like the T2, then bukerd the entire other team!
A-5 is the AK47 of markers.
Posted Image

37sps.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users