Tag 8 Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

So, this is my review of the Tag 8.

I've wanted a pistol for quite sometime. I need a good, reliable back up to have out on the field. Having used several other pistols in the past (Core ZX and Warsensor G1+), I am still looking. After some searching, I found the Tag 8. Last week, a teammate brought his Tag 8 out, and I got to use it extensively (ie all day).

So, this is where I begin.

*puts on asbestos flame suit*

I believe that the Tag 8 is an excellent design, however, it has it's shortcomings.

The magazine feature is an excellent feature, but not without it's drawbacks. I used this pistol for an hour or two with only a single mag. After firing 9 shots (8+1), I had to go through the arduous process of reloading a single magazine under fire. While this isn't as hard as I make it seem, it is still a lot of trouble to go through, compared to what I am used to in the past with previous pistols with the 10 round tubes. Once I borrowed the other 2 mags, it made my life a lot easier. Then again, once I fired all three mags +1 (25 rounds), it was time to reload the mags again.

This pistol is extremely light, compared to others that I have used. It was very comfortable to hold in my hand, and seemed to have a natural tendency to line up the sights when being held. When out running around, it didn't seem to move as much as previous pistols, and after 5 minutes or so, I couldn't tell I was carrying it at all. even with the 2 extra mags.

When properly chrono'ed, I had anywhere from 22 to 25 shots off of a single 12 gram. Very efficient if you ask me.

However, the 12 grams also do have their own problems. The 12 gram is located in the magazine. This means that when you eject a mag, the 12 gram goes with it. The magazines have a nifty o-ring in them that seal the 12 gram so you don't lose any air. These means of course, that when you insert the next mag in the marker, the 12 gram that is in that mag airs up, without any loss from when it was ejected. However, this is a double edged sword. Excellent in that it helps balance out the marker because it is in the grip frame, and in that you don't unnecessarily waste gas when changing mags. The bad side, is that every time you change a mag, it is a different 12 gram. If you have 3 different magazines, it can be pretty troublesome to remember how many shots you have left on a 12 gram. Plus, if you run out of air in a magazine, the only thing you can do is hope that you have another magazine with air in it. You can not change the 12 gram unless you have an Allen wrench. So, when you've fired all the air you can, your screwed.

Lastly, is price. According to the Spec Ops store, a Tag 8 is $239. An extra mag is $40. So, if you want a 3 mag set up, your looking at $320, plus shipping. That is really expensive to me. The Tag 8 is high quality and very well built, however, I do not think it is worth that much. If I could get a Tag 8 and a 3 mag set up for roughly $175 to $200, I'd be all over it.

That being said, I am still searching for a pistol. It needs to be light, easy to reload (both Co2 and paint), reliable, and very cheap.

Feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns. If you have a pistol to recommend to me, please PM me.

Thanks for reading,
-lonegunm4n
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#2 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

I would just like to say. It is a tac 8, not a tag 8

lol

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#3 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

eh, if you say so. I've always heard it called the Tag 8.
from this stupid fantasy

#4 User is offline   kubihibi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:26 PM

View PostBAGELS, on Dec 26 2007, 10:20 PM, said:

I would just like to say. It is a tac 8, not a tag 8

lol

Do me a favor... look on the grip... tell me what 3 letters you see. I'll give you a hint... it is an acronym!

#5 User is offline   Mr. Accurate 

• 2000 paintballs = 2000 players eliminated
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:beckett

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

ya its tac-8
sr-ambusher"sniper" #21
smart parts owner#129
ion Q-bow owner
tippmann owner #14
- JAK -

#6 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

good review..yeah thats why i got rid of my TAC8s..to hard to reload under fire.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#7 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

I used to know a guy that had one of these and i shot it a couple of times and it was awesome. shoots great, good distance and accuracy small compact and ligtweight. the only problem is there are not enough shots. but great for sneaking up on people with

#8 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

I owned one as well. It was nice and all, just not practical. I also prefer full sized markers, so that maybe had something to do with me getting rid of it.

#9 User is offline   cap288 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

Uhm if you guys have a problem loading, there is something wrong. Key- quick puncture co2 tool. I can load a clip with a sniper tube in under 5 seconds. It is the most accurate and practical pistol out. The others are the size of reg guns
Commander of LONG ISLAND COMMANDOS

WWW.LONGISLANDCOMMANDOS.COM

#10 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

okay, so thats another $15-$20 down the drain for this pistol.....

which means, your looking at roughly $350 if you want a rocking set up....
from this stupid fantasy

#11 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

You know I never understood why people call it the "Tag" Its a Tiberius Arms Tac-8 Pistol. So if anything it should be Tac8 or Tib8
Sweet pistol though, we have a video review of it on our website.

/end rant

:wub:

#12 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

Its a neat pistol but really over rated. Way to expensive for a pistol. All your paying for is the cool mag feed system. The idea is great but my friend has nothing but problems with his. If you have the extra 150 bucks after the 230 you spent for maintenance and mags you won't have a problem.
Good review. you hit both sides.
I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#13 User is offline   Worlord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Warlords

Post icon  Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

Hey lonegunm4n,
Go for the Tac 8. Check out Ebay if you want a deal. I own a Tac 8 and a T9, love both of them. Built well, very accurate maker to shoot. Just buy two to three mags for it, and some 10 round tubs. That should keep you going.

View Postlonegunm4n, on Dec 26 2007, 07:10 PM, said:

So, this is my review of the Tag 8.

I've wanted a pistol for quite sometime. I need a good, reliable back up to have out on the field. Having used several other pistols in the past (Core ZX and Warsensor G1+), I am still looking. After some searching, I found the Tag 8. Last week, a teammate brought his Tag 8 out, and I got to use it extensively (ie all day).

So, this is where I begin.

*puts on asbestos flame suit*

I believe that the Tag 8 is an excellent design, however, it has it's shortcomings.

The magazine feature is an excellent feature, but not without it's drawbacks. I used this pistol for an hour or two with only a single mag. After firing 9 shots (8+1), I had to go through the arduous process of reloading a single magazine under fire. While this isn't as hard as I make it seem, it is still a lot of trouble to go through, compared to what I am used to in the past with previous pistols with the 10 round tubes. Once I borrowed the other 2 mags, it made my life a lot easier. Then again, once I fired all three mags +1 (25 rounds), it was time to reload the mags again.

This pistol is extremely light, compared to others that I have used. It was very comfortable to hold in my hand, and seemed to have a natural tendency to line up the sights when being held. When out running around, it didn't seem to move as much as previous pistols, and after 5 minutes or so, I couldn't tell I was carrying it at all. even with the 2 extra mags.

When properly chrono'ed, I had anywhere from 22 to 25 shots off of a single 12 gram. Very efficient if you ask me.

However, the 12 grams also do have their own problems. The 12 gram is located in the magazine. This means that when you eject a mag, the 12 gram goes with it. The magazines have a nifty o-ring in them that seal the 12 gram so you don't lose any air. These means of course, that when you insert the next mag in the marker, the 12 gram that is in that mag airs up, without any loss from when it was ejected. However, this is a double edged sword. Excellent in that it helps balance out the marker because it is in the grip frame, and in that you don't unnecessarily waste gas when changing mags. The bad side, is that every time you change a mag, it is a different 12 gram. If you have 3 different magazines, it can be pretty troublesome to remember how many shots you have left on a 12 gram. Plus, if you run out of air in a magazine, the only thing you can do is hope that you have another magazine with air in it. You can not change the 12 gram unless you have an Allen wrench. So, when you've fired all the air you can, your screwed.

Lastly, is price. According to the Spec Ops store, a Tag 8 is $239. An extra mag is $40. So, if you want a 3 mag set up, your looking at $320, plus shipping. That is really expensive to me. The Tag 8 is high quality and very well built, however, I do not think it is worth that much. If I could get a Tag 8 and a 3 mag set up for roughly $175 to $200, I'd be all over it.

That being said, I am still searching for a pistol. It needs to be light, easy to reload (both Co2 and paint), reliable, and very cheap.

Feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns. If you have a pistol to recommend to me, please PM me.

Thanks for reading,
-lonegunm4n

#14 User is offline   #1predator 

• people fear the unknown. i am the unknown
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:warship

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

i have one and love it. as far as loading under fire i have no probs. when it comes to air thats a different story. i was thinking of puting a butterfly screw oon the mag. that way i wouldn't have to worry aout the allen wrench. ;)
The fear lurking in the back of your brain. Thats me watching and waiting.

Quality German Shepard Puppies: Visit My Website

#15 User is offline   Avery Salvation 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Avery Salvation

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Do you guys know of www.T8OG.com? It is a forum for all Tiberius products. There are a lot of good post and members there. Stop by some time.

If you register, put me down, Avery Salvation, in the "Reffered By" section of the membership. We are having a membership drive contest to see who can recruit the most people by the end of March.

See you there!!
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? Insulting. But the worst mistake of all... empty hoppers.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users