Special Ops Paintball: New hopper for A-5 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

New hopper for A-5 which one. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which Hopper? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which hopper do you like?

1. Richochet R-5 (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. 32 Degrees Hopper (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Tippmann X7 Hopper (11 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   HelicopterPilot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HelicopterPilot

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Awhile ago I broke my hopper's lid on my a-5. I super glued it on ,but its starting to come off now. I'm taking this as an excuse to buy a new hopper :P. Now there is mainly 3 hoppers I'm looking at. The Richochet hopper (which seems like it may have some problems), the X-7 hopper (haven't really checked reviews for it) and the 32 degrees hopper. Which hopper would you guys reccomend. I'm kind of biased to the 32 degrees since I liked the hopper from them I have on my 98C.

This post has been edited by HelicopterPilot: 10 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

Tippmann Owner #107 & Sabre # ╥ (Pi)

#2 User is offline   JSC_liason_neo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

XP hopper, this is one of the only mods i can put on to my my A5 look like an X7, because down under we are not allowed X7
Supporting
Paintballsports.com.au / Blast Radius Podcast / Webdog Radio
Woodsball in Adelaide, SA, Australia

#3 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

Well I would say the Ricochet because in my mind it does have other things to offer besides what they say about deflecting shots. In a way it's shape compacts it's self using a multifaceted design like a modern attack helicopter. That's one reason why they designed Cobras and Apaches like that. 1 they are more compact and makes it harder for other attakers to hit the chopper. 2 it deflects shots. and 3 it weakens direct hits making it's armor much stronger than if it hit a completely flat surface.

Even though the 3rd reason why attack choppers are designed that way cannot be applied to paintball the first reason does seem interesting.

However the design of the X7 hopper promotes a lower profile but it is also not a multifaceted design.

This is kinna whatever floats your boat thing. I have an X7 hopper on mine cuz I could get one for free by a trade.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#4 User is offline   Shepherd 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shepherd

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

I have the original a5 hopper, the Ricochet, and the x7 hopper. The ricochet looks kinda cool, but because of the type of plastic that it is made of, it makes a TON of noise as paintballs rattle around in it as you run. If noise doesn't bother you, it is a great hopper. I don't use mine anymore, because I hate the noise, so now I use my x7 hopper.

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

It doesnt matter which Hopper is used as a replacement for the Stock Hopper for the A5, they all make alot of noise when its running low on ammo and when one is "running around" on the field.

As for the Ricochet R5, all the deflecting statements about the Hopper are in a way kinda true, some times balls do deflect and some times the ball will deflect and hit the Lens on your Mask (happened to me a couple of times with my Ricochet 2KX on my A5).

Go to the Local Pro Shop (if there is one in your area) and see if they carry the A5/X7 Hopper, if they do carry the Hopper, youre in luck, but if its not In Stock, you can Special Order one from the store or order a new one Online yourself.

The Stock Hopper for an A5 and X7 usually goes for $10 or less, but the R5 goes for a little more, because it wasnt designed and made by Tippmann.

#6 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

The ricochet is loud, the balls rattle and it annoys me. It looks cooler but I think the X7 hopper is a better choice. It smooth and sleak.
-Ty :)

#7 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

I'd go with the Ricochet. If the noise bothers you that much, just line it with Dynamat or felt or something. You'll lose some capacity, but it'll be silent.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users