Special Ops Paintball: Maybe a pair of these... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Maybe a pair of these...

Poll: Maybe a pair of these... (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think gloves would be a good idea? Please vote, and explain your thoughts.

1. Yes, i think gloves would be awesome! (37 votes [23.72%])

Percentage of vote: 23.72%

2. No, i think it would just be a waste of time, and no one would be interested. (8 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

3. If voted yes, would you like to see gloves in Omni-Pat? (24 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. How about Spec Ops Digi? (30 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

5. Woodland? (18 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

6. Olive Drab? (15 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

7. ACU? (16 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

8. Other ( Please post what kind) (8 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Patrick15 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Raiden205

Post icon  Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:13 AM

I think Spec Ops should look into making gloves. They could apply their patented Omnipat and/or their Woodland Digi to the outside to give it that awesome look and so it would fit in with the rest of the future buyers' gear. I've been playing with a pair of cheap JT gloves that i got from Wal-Mart for five bucks, and they really don't help a lot when it comes to hand shots, holding onto my gun, etc., etc..

This post has been edited by Patrick15: 11 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Official Sabre #809 If We Cannot Do It, It Does Not Need To Be Done

My God is AWESOME. You should get to know Him.

#2 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

I definitely agree, Spec Ops should work on making some gloves. They only have two types in their store, and neither of them are made by Spec Ops. Even though camo is somewhat unecessary for gloves, every little bit helps. Also, they could make the camo a secondary feature to the gloves' protection/grip (ie. make camo'd versions of their current 2 glove types for $5-$10 more than the regular ones).
On another note, I personally use black half finger work gloves from Walmart, they give excellent grip and pretty good protection. I got shot directly in the knuckle, and I barely felt it.

This post has been edited by Perinhawk: 29 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#3 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, I would like to see them make some good PAINTBALL-SPECIFIC gloves for a decent price. The only decent gloves you can really get are >$40. Sure, you can get some nice tactical gloves from Galls or Blackhawk, but they're going to cost you and not be tailored toward your uses. I would like to see gloves priced in an affordable range ($20-$40) which are designed for use in the paintball/woodsball world.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#4 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

I would like to have a pair of half-fingers with plastic knuckle guards on them, and some grippyness in the palm. I've been using the JT ones from walmart. They're uncomfortable, and after a while they leave an elastic band mark on my wrists.

#5 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hey guys...gloves made specifically for us or with our camo aren't really an option for us. They take too long to make in house and would therefor be VERY expensive and to have them outsourced would require that we have thousands made and it would take forever to sell them.

What we have made in house are our forearm/hand guards found here...
http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/specia...and-guards.html

They are meant as an alternative to gloves. They slide onto your forearm and have a loop of elastic that you put your ring finger through. They are padded tp protect the backs of your hands and forearms but leave the palm of your hand free to grip the gun and they leave your index and middle fingers free for the trigger. They're very comfortable and I love mine.

#6 User is offline   Patrick15 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden205

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I thought no one would reply to this lol.

The Forearm guards that you have on the store look very nice, but, I can't help but think that they can do better than gloves.

Having your forearms get shot doesn't hurt all too much, for me anyways. The flesh on it is thick, and better absorbs the shock of a paintball. Your fingers, on the other hand, do not have the convenience of thick flesh. The skin is thin, and exposes the nerve endings. That's why whenever i get shot in the fingers, I almost drop my gun from the pain. The forearm guards,(which i will now refer to as FG's) seem to be made of the same material as gloves, foam padding, condura, whatever else they are made of. So i can't see why it would be more hard or cost more to take the material and form a hand-like shape.

Do you produce your clothes,(Fusions, Marauders, Ultra-Lights, etc.) and the FG's in-house? If so, i can't imagine why you can't produce gloves also, seeing as how your clothes require much more material to produce. Maybe it's the type of materials? I don't know.

I'm sorry if I come off rough. I'm not trying to bash the FG's. They seem like very nice products, but I just can't imagine how they can be easier and cheaper than gloves to produce.

Edit: Spelling, add-ons, etc..

This post has been edited by Patrick15: 30 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Official Sabre #809 If We Cannot Do It, It Does Not Need To Be Done

My God is AWESOME. You should get to know Him.

#7 User is offline   danthegreat666 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zidan

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Okay to be honest for gloves i use my weight lifting gloves... its has wrist support and its padded.... i just use it for both weight lifting and paintball lol =)

#8 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

I am 14, so I run on a tight budget... I buy my own, and every little bit helps. I got buy gloves at Dunham's sports, they were eight dollars. The back is covered with a plastic case, but, unfortunately, the only choice was blue.

They work alright, but I got a blister from them rubbing on my knuckles. Maybe my gloves just need worn in...

Anyways, the get the job done, but in my opinion, the best is just a good pair of biking gloves. A while back I stole a pair of biking gloves from my mom that I LOVED. They had a padded palm area, good for crawling around and stuff. The palms looked like a freaking gorilla, and they were leather made. The back was almost teri-cloth(sp dies...) and very soft. It would serve the purpose wonderfully! But... I lost them... that equals angry mother.

Anyways, gloves from the local sportsware store work just as good, and would be cheaper than having specops make them
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#9 User is offline   Arian57 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arian57

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Honestly, I got tired of buying gloves and having them stain my hands, tear, not fit right on my middle/ring finger (The webbing between those fingers on both my hands is strange) ect. Eventually I just decided to get some reusable bandages and wrap my hands like a boxer. It's comfortable and easy to wash. Works for me I guess.

#10 User is offline   InvertedArms 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Foxtrot

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:24 AM

I just use a pair of camo mechanic gloves...they work great.

#11 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

InvertedArms has a point. Gloves in paintball are one of those items you're better off getting a non-paintball brand. Mechanic gloves, biking gloves, and other sports provided equal, or better quality gloves for a lower price because you're not paying for brand.

I personally use the walmart JT ones and have no issues.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image
i got these iron clad gloves by general utility from a Army outpost store.. they're pretty solid and really flexible.

https://www.ironclad.com/www/productDetail....18&catID=43
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users