• You cannot reply to this topic

Commander Vest How is it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   WOODSBALLER 

• Oh how I've missed you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PBALLA

Post icon  Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

How many pods can it hold, I was looking at it and in a magazine it said it had 4+2 pods and a horizontal tank pouch but I looked at the pictures of the back and only saw 4 pods. Also why are the two radios in the back? Does anybody use and how is it?
Natural Born Killer
HYBRID BALLER

#2 User is offline   -Rusty- 

• Kommandants Of Fear - Heavy Rifleman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RUSTY - KOMMANDANTS OF FEAR

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

Our team captain and commander just got it and it holds 4+2 pods, two radios, camo bag pouch, 2 granade pouches, extra pouches for tools and such....the only thing it doesnt come with is a tank holder i think..i could be wrong but look into that. Good Luck

-Rusty-

Please visit our website and forums.
YELLOW PATCH ≠ YELLOW ARMBAND

#3 User is offline   ravenleader 

• Kicking butt... one game at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Co

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

honestly, if i was playing the CO role... i would not get one of those commander vests. its too much for me. i would rather play with the sabre vest, which i own.

#4 User is offline   Esgar 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowmeld

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:23 PM

the +2 pods are elastic bands on top of the 4 pods, so they're hard to see.
Any joe with a rifle can make long shots. A true sniper is a master of stealth and concealment.
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   Sol Nemesis 

• Paintball Fanatic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gimpy From Bad Karma

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

I have 2 Commander vests and neither of them has the elastic bands. There are 4 pod holders on the back. Had to buy tank pouches for each. You can add as many things as you want to the front becasue it's modular though. Here are the things you can add to the front/back with the interlocking system:

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/ca...p?CAT=104201303

Scout vest might be a good option if you wouldn't miss the zip front, extra radio pouch, pen holders, or modular nature of the front of the Commander vest (comes with large pouch and grenade pouch stock). The Scout vest also has some things the Commander doesn't (i.e. tank pouch and extra pod loops on the back).

This post has been edited by Sol Nemesis: 21 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

XO - Bad Karma Paintball Team

#6 User is offline   yankeefan03 

• Sabre /// Commander // Sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:War-Lord

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:10 AM

View Postravenleader, on Aug 20 2006, 09:44 AM, said:

honestly, if i was playing the CO role... i would not get one of those commander vests. its too much for me. i would rather play with the sabre vest, which i own.

I am tottally clueless on what vest to get. I play Commander/Sabre. I heard the Sabre vest most said that it wouldnt fit me considering I am small 5'5 115 lbs. So I came down to 4 choices. Recon, Dagger, Commander, Sabre. I also heard the broadswood but someone said its to much for a commander/sabre.

So please if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Team Forum
If you would like to buy a PS2 and 36 great games PM me. Camo Site

#7 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

View Postyankeefan03, on Aug 24 2006, 08:10 AM, said:

View Postravenleader, on Aug 20 2006, 09:44 AM, said:

I am tottally clueless on what vest to get. I play Commander/Sabre. I heard the Sabre vest most said that it wouldnt fit me considering I am small 5'5 115 lbs. So I came down to 4 choices. Recon, Dagger, Commander, Sabre. I also heard the broadswood but someone said its to much for a commander/sabre.

So please if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Now, I don't have any of these vests *yet*.. but from what I've heard, because of the open, strap based design, the Dagger and Sabre vests would be easier to make fit you. and I read that a man bought a Dagger for his 12yo son, because everything else was too loose, but the Dagger fit great...

I'm 6', but about 130lbs, so I'll let you know how my Dagger fits when I get it...

Lo

#8 User is offline   yankeefan03 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:40 AM

Alright thank you does anyone else have anything on those vest I said.
Team Forum

#9 User is offline   yankeefan03 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

Anyone?
Team Forum

#10 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

Good morning,

My principal field positions are Commander and Dagger (not at the same time). For both positions I use the SPEC OPS recon vest. It holds 4 pods, 2 grenades, 1 radio, and has 2 utility pouches. I purchased an interlock tank pounch, which is mounted vertically between the pods on the back. I carry 50 round pods in the grenade pouches, with allows me to comfortably carry 760 rounds total.

This vest is small, light, compact, and tight fitting (no slippage on the run, or when crawling). It more than meets my needs.

For long games I supplement the vest load with a SPEC OPS 2-pod tac leg pouch for quick reloads, and a belt mounted tank pouch for on-field air.

I have tried the webbing style vests, such as the Dagger vest, but find the straps tend to get caught up when I am crawling or manuvering at high speed through dense brush. Thus, I highly recommend one of the full vest models: the Recon, the Scout, or the Commander.

End transmission

#11 User is offline   Fallschirmjager Scharfuhrer 

• Links zwo drei vier Links!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CO Fiss

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:43 AM

View Postyankeefan03, on Sep 11 2006, 04:21 PM, said:

Anyone?

Yeah, I got a recon Vest a year ago, Its a "L" and I fits me ok, Im around 5'9, and way in around 130, so I think It Could still work for you If you get a small, or med.

View PostVOZ, on Sep 12 2006, 11:30 AM, said:

Good morning,

My principal field positions are Commander and Dagger (not at the same time). For both positions I use the SPEC OPS recon vest. It holds 4 pods, 2 grenades, 1 radio, and has 2 utility pouches. I purchased an interlock tank pounch, which is mounted vertically between the pods on the back. I carry 50 round pods in the grenade pouches, with allows me to comfortably carry 760 rounds total.

This vest is small, light, compact, and tight fitting (no slippage on the run, or when crawling). It more than meets my needs.

For long games I supplement the vest load with a SPEC OPS 2-pod tac leg pouch for quick reloads, and a belt mounted tank pouch for on-field air.

I have tried the webbing style vests, such as the Dagger vest, but find the straps tend to get caught up when I am crawling or manuvering at high speed through dense brush. Thus, I highly recommend one of the full vest models: the Recon, the Scout, or the Commander.

End transmission

....yup that about covers everything nice post
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue!

#12 User is offline   rob45 

• Dr.B
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rob54

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

my team sniper got a recon and hes pretty scrawny and about im guessing 5' 9". he loves it beyond anything else. so it must fit.
(talk to combat sniper about it) if you have any more questions

This post has been edited by rob45: 02 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

IPB Image
Sabre-If we can't do it it doesn't need to be done.
My birgade page Team site ixradios google (got to love it) idaho forums

#13 User is offline   Idealist Paintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:idealistpaintball

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:38 AM

I have a Gex X Global vest, and that is great for a commander. It's got everything you need, radio pouch, clear map holder thing, 3 grenade holders, 5 holders for either 10 round pods or 12g co2 cartridges, 4 pod holders, and a tank holder. You can either have the tank horizontal or vertical, and the same with the pods. The back is velcro so you can rearrange the pod and tank holders to what you want. It's a really good vest for only being like $50, I would definitely recommend getting it as a commander.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users