• You cannot reply to this topic

Tips and Tactics? Woodsball! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Does anybody know any tactics or tips to help in woodsball and scenario? I just need to learn some because I am starting a team and I need to know some tactics, plus does anybody know any good paintball locations around southern CA besides sc village? Thanks guys!

God Bless!

#2 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ev

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

When starting a team, Stick together.
In CO we play in the Nat'l Forest...
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#3 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

I made a thread that will answer all of your questions, spurred by this thread, felt it was only proper that I post it here.
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=177860

#4 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Play with each other as much as you can. This way you will know instinctively what each other will do. Try not to move forward on your own, either by having a team mate giving cover fire or 2 or more team mates move at the same time. Last learn to work tape lines and gaps especially in bigger games. Gaps are spaces between 2 individual fire fights.

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

Check out the Woodsball subsection on the home page! Also, look at the position subsections.

Tons of great info!

#6 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

simple tips are just to work together and use the edges of the field. Definitely check out other forum areas, there are great topics galore on all kinds of helpful subjects. Good luck with the team!
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#7 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

I'd say....wear pink camo.... Works for me....:D

Also...walking on leaves and sticks is a lot less noisy than talking. So don't talk if ya wanna be sneaky. Really, that's my biggest tactic. The others are findable if you love to read. :wub: Good luck and have fun!
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#8 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:37 AM

View PostI.K.E., on Nov 16 2009, 11:35 PM, said:

Actually... there is a truth to this...

Back when the SAS (for those who don't know, thats Special Air Service, Britians elite special forces. The Brit equivilent to the Navy SEALs) first started, (WWII I think)

They used to used jeeps with a mounted machine gun for night raids through enemy camps and they were painted pink. Not a hot pink but a pale pink. The science behind this is very intresting. For some reason (which I do not know) the human eye does not see this color well in very low light conditions.

I'm pretty sure the Royal Navy actually experimented with painting battleships that color. Lol.

But, obviously you would stick out like a sore thumb in daylight. :laugh:
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#9 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

View PostFIFTY CAL, on Nov 18 2009, 09:37 AM, said:

View PostI.K.E., on Nov 16 2009, 11:35 PM, said:

Actually... there is a truth to this...

Back when the SAS (for those who don't know, thats Special Air Service, Britians elite special forces. The Brit equivilent to the Navy SEALs) first started, (WWII I think)

They used to used jeeps with a mounted machine gun for night raids through enemy camps and they were painted pink. Not a hot pink but a pale pink. The science behind this is very intresting. For some reason (which I do not know) the human eye does not see this color well in very low light conditions.

I'm pretty sure the Royal Navy actually experimented with painting battleships that color. Lol.

But, obviously you would stick out like a sore thumb in daylight. :P

I'm pretty sure it had a whole lot more to do with the fact that they were in the desert and the pink was close to a tan.

#10 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

Play speedball.... Seriously

It will help your playing more than learning hand and arm signals and patrolling formantions.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

View PostMeline, on Nov 20 2009, 03:14 AM, said:

It will help your playing more than learning hand and arm signals and patrolling formantions.

Quoted For Truth. You will pick up and learn skills far faster in speedball then woodsball. You can get 5 speedball games in in the time you can one woodsball game. And you will learn snapshooting quickly as well as how to shoot in your offhand, something most woodsballers never learn or care to learn.

I can't count the amount of times i see a woodsballer lean their hole body out the left side of a bunker so they can shoot with thier right hand still, instead of switching hands and shotting in their off hand...sad really...i have lost count.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

View PostLegato, on Nov 20 2009, 01:22 AM, said:

View PostMeline, on Nov 20 2009, 03:14 AM, said:

Quoted For Truth. You will pick up and learn skills far faster in speedball then woodsball. You can get 5 speedball games in in the time you can one woodsball game. And you will learn snapshooting quickly as well as how to shoot in your offhand, something most woodsballers never learn or care to learn.

I can't count the amount of times i see a woodsballer lean their hole body out the left side of a bunker so they can shoot with thier right hand still, instead of switching hands and shotting in their off hand...sad really...i have lost count.

I feel like I am cheating sometimes. There is a section of the field covered with a mesh of vines and thin sticks, branches(w/e it is) and the paintballs won't go through, but you can still look through it. So, I just stand up and watch as people will dump hoppers into where I am and it never makes it through.

Speedball will teach you to think and move in almost no cover, to play angles and react quickly to any scenario. Will also work on accuracy.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 20 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

#13 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Snapshooting has been mentioned, but one of the BEST drills to practice it is to set up behind something in front of a mirror. Lean out and see what parts of your body are sticking out. The smaller profile, the better.

#14 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on Nov 20 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

Snapshooting has been mentioned, but one of the BEST drills to practice it is to set up behind something in front of a mirror. Lean out and see what parts of your body are sticking out. The smaller profile, the better.

i used to run around my house on nights off with a marker and practice snap shooting from everything. Have a few drinks, then post up in the kitchen behind the columns, snap out each side. Run, slide to couch, snap shoot over the top, snap shoot around the side. Move up to coffee table, snap to the side. Stand up and go back snap shooting from the other side of the furniture. Was fun. Helped me out a lot.

another thing to do is while watching tv hold your marker in your off hand. And just randomly snap at things on the wall. THen get your head behind the sights and see how off you were. Keep doing that and in a weeks time it will feel natural in your hand. And it is easy to do and takes no time, cause you are doing it while watching tv

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users