• You cannot reply to this topic

Low Budget Camouflage Paint Jobs Would you buy it? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   LONDON 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LONDON

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

I have just painted my BT Delta elite this way. I think it looks awsome. Will post pictures!

If it was cheaper to have it done by you guys i would have sent it!!! Your paint jobs are FANTASTIC!!!

#17 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

View PostBig Bone, on Apr 3 2008, 01:04 PM, said:

Recently I have had a project come across my desk that has opened my eyes to the possibility of a low price paint job that is durable, fast, and is well camouflaged.

This is an idea I have been toying around in my head for some time but yesterday I painted an Angle and a 98 for Moati (Brian or Moe as I call him, SO's soft goods guy). His request was to have a fast paint job but one that would still concealing and looked good. He suggested an OD green base with tan lightly spattered over top giving it a sand finish. I didn't think much of it before and wasn't sure it would work with my HVLP gun but it turned out looking very very good and I only had minimal hours put into it.

Though this paint job turned out kick butt I have had an idea to take it one step further. Here is an example of what I am thinking about-

Paint a gun solid OD and like Moe's gun speckled it with tan (or black, brown... whatever works) but have sticks leaves and grass masking parts off from the spatter. That would give line break up, depth, color difference, and could be done in colors to match your camo that you wear or to the surroundings you play in and all for the price of a two tone. I haven't figured out what method of masking I should use but it does not have to be complicated to look good.

Now this is similar to what many people have done using the DIY method but this would be a professional Duracoat paint job and for a great price.

So tell me what you think, also I'll see if I can do a mock up over the weekend.

Heres a simple shot of Moe's Angle. I'll get better ones come Monday but this will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

BB

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users