Special Ops Paintball: Tactics Talk (flanking, defence etc) - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics Talk (flanking, defence etc) For Hardcore talk on how BP should be played, ask,answer,add Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Post icon  Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

This the talk that separates the rookies from the hardcore vets that bleed paint. In my 11 years love affair with paintball I've come to a sad conclusion....
Not Many People Know how to play in the trees. We do nothing but talk about how we're better than speedball unaware of our mistake. New woodsballers love the mil-sim markers but can't flank for the life of Elvis. Woodsball's identity is that its played in the open with tactics and that identity is at stake.

This is all tactics talk.....flanking, suppression, ambush, attack, defense and if your all good yes, even a little talk on snipers.
All I ask is that you make your suggestion, example flanking works...., then your argument and then check back to see what people think.
Since this a talk for the more experienced, I would also like make a running list of things we dislike. An "I Hate It When..." list. Make two of those commence at the end of your posts.

Here We Go!

To start, lets talk the flank team. There's an idea to consider. the outdoors allows us to flank the other team. Its as simple as that. When I'm at fields or with friends it seems as if I'm the only person flanking or yelling at someone to go flank the trouble makers. The magic to the flank is not at the beginning of the game but at the moment you make contact. The actions at the first few seconds of a firefight are confusing and the most important. How its done in action...
Team moves up. The first shots are fired, team stops and finds cover with out losing line-of-sight. Auto guns move up to the point-man and wait for the shooter(s) to become visible and in range. The auto guns suppress the the shooters and the offensive attack starts. The flankers drop back. That's important, they drop out of sight and move left/right.

This is where the experience kicks in. Moving to the oppositions right place you in their blind spot(b-spot). Using the terrain to your advantage, go in for the kill.
NOW commence, concerns, ideas. HERE are some TOPICS: Counter flanking, Newbeeies and tunnel-vision, the Blind spot, Listening over looking

I HATE IT WHEN KIDS SHOW OFF THEIR 20 POUND A-5 M16. ITS NOT LIKE YOU CAN RUN WITH THAT.

Thank you for your posts and God Bless the flank team.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 15 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#2 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

This is from another room but is so right. In the words of weeebeep....
center team (uber killer flankers?): (the team of 3+guys that holds down the middle "third" while everyone else flanks.) ive done this before (3 guys, 2 who had markers that didnt break... lol). we all went into that patch of grass in the middle of the field (the one with the overgrown bunkers) and we waited. coincidently the field was cresent shaped so we ended up holding up an entire side of the field. only one of us got any kills, but 4 for 1 for a team is not bad! luckily i wasnt the one who's gun jammed. i wasnt the guy who got 4 kills, but oh well...
-note: i reccomend using center team to flank strong siding opponents. this works well because you are almost always going to be passed by them on one side or the other, thus opening up some killer angles.
-note2: stealth should be a priority for this
-note3: this team/positioning is SERIOUSLY under-rated. give it a try

sniper team (designated marksmen?): 2-3 guys, shooter, spotter, and backup. shooter takes shots at high value targets, while spotter calls out those shots, and both spotter and backup (if you have backup) cover the shooter in the event of a firefight.
-note: there is no such thing as a single sniper... the military has sniper units, which are 2-3 men. however the roles of the sniper team are exactly as follows: shooter, spotter, (backup). there is no sniper role in the team.
-note2: stealth should be the MAIN priority for this group. a spotted shooter is a dead (eliminated?) shooter.

entry team (from actual military training): exactly 4 guys. guys 1, 2, 3, and 4. guy1 watches forward, guy2 watches out, guy3 watches the roof, guy4 watches back. guys should be parallel to a wall right next to a door. to enter a building/door...
(0)optional: guy 4 throws a grenade into the room (warning: alerts opfor your coming)
(1)guy 1 pushes (or taps) guy behind him, guy 2 repeats, guy 3 repeats, guy 4 pushes guy in front of him, guy 3 repeats, guy 2 repeats, guy 1 enters the building. (this is to clean up delay time between separate entrys.) (should enter as a stack)
(2)uppon entry guy1 moves to furthest left corner and pwns anyone he sees, guy 2 moves to furthest right corner and pwns anybody he sees, guy3 moves in and to the left and pwns anybody he sees, and guy 4 moves in and to the right and pwns anyone he sees.
(3)continue to search possible hiding spots. (your room is now clear and secure)
-note: guy1 and 2 have the best possible weapons for urban combat, (m-4/ion/a5). guy3 is the hammer, (saw/doubleT/cyborg). guy 4 has the most useless weapon for an urban environment, (bazooka/sniper setup/grenade launcher). -subnote: this is due to the order of entry, and the fact that S.A.W.s are quite large and clumzy for an urban environment. -subnote2: feel free to mess with the order as you like, as paintball and real warefare are quite different.
-note2: it is ABSOLUTLEY IMPARATIVE that stealth is maintained untill entry/grenade throwing. this is because your likely to be taken out if theirs guys in there and the element of surprize is your best allie(sp), even more so than your buddy with the doubleT (seriously!).
-note3: all members of said team should know the tactic known as slicing the pie (incase other members are down). during this tactic you simply walk 4 or so feet away from the wall from side one too side 2 of the door while looking & AIMING inside it. this is a good way to clear 75% of a room without entering it. -subnote: when done correctly the shooting lanes gained while passing should ray out in little triangles from the location of the door. this is where the tactic gets the name slicing the pie.

hope that is what you were looking for.... sorry entry team is so long. its cuz everyone is so much more familiar with the other types of teams. (another mildly passionate post from weeebeep)

Attached File(s)

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.

#3 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

erm... thanks for reposting my poo! you did good! also thanks for telling me of the new thread.

time for more discussions on teams... (so i dont feel stupid for the short post)

urban team (entry team on steroids!):
an elite team trained in the same way as an entry team, except to a more extreeme degree. the difference is that an urban team has to deal with long narrow hallways (kinda like running the gauntlet), and firefights in a place that seems as small as a closet (try that with a 21" barrel). the urban team does not have one marker that is no-good in an urban environment. and unlike strict woodsball, accuracy is not the main factor determining who wins and who looses, its pure & simple rate of fire. also an urban team would want to go to the shortest possible barrel/marker combination, as it makes it much easier to fight in a broom closet. while other teams go for the 14" freak kit, this team thinks of that as stupid, and a waste of money. instead, the urban team will be more than happy to saw off a stock barrel to 3-8 inches in leignth. if a urban player truly wishes to buy a new barrel, he buys a short one.
-note: i reccomend using your stock barrel (& a hacksaw) for this setup. it is also quite true that in an urban environment, its VERY nice to be quiet. run for a surpressed barrel (despite the extra leignth) as opposed to a 250$ stiffi.
-note2: grenades (of all types) are the urban ballers FRIEND! if you dont like spending 5$ a peice for your 'nades, spend 1$ on a smoke instead (feild permitting). and dont forget to get liberal on your paint/grenade budget. -subnote: but, if you have a full case and 6 'nades from last time you played, good for you you saved some money! -subnote2: use all of your cheap paint, no matter how deformed it gets (within reason).
-note3: for BOINK's sake use hand signals!

looking for this one scenario position i saw that made a better team then individual, copying and pasting soon.

edit-
origional idea, from P V -

Shock trooper thread on the shock trooper: http://forum.special...howtopic=126666
it's like a seek and destroy broadsword/sniper with an electro .. just read through the thread

my responce -

i personaly like the shocktrooper variant.... it makes sence. he coveres the two wide ends of the spectrum (accurate & stealthy meets fast-shooting and bulky) but doesnt cover the middle ground that a sabre would need. ie commander, dagger. i wouldnt call it a hybrid however as shocktroopers were called stormtroopers in WWI. they practiced something known as blitzkrieg.

would be fun... all of a sudden 2 sneaky sons of canines with lack of y chromosome sneak up behind enemy lines and unleash the firepower of 5 with uncanny accuracy! think doubleT with a freak kit, stock, and red-dot scope.

themesong: dragonforce, through the fire and flames... search it, youll know why it fits so well.

also this would be a nice force for synergy with the tanks. i mean.... get something thats hard to get out behind enemy lines, then unleash a full blown assault!

translation (uber paint throwing money spenders?):
a team of 2-4 guys, each with a bulging gearkit that lacks nothing in accuracy or firepower ride on the back of a tank deep into enemy teritory and rip apart their opponents with supirior stealth (ghille), tacticts (not hard to do in paintball), and weapons (those freaked doubleT's). there job is to make themselves seem like more men (or a bigger problem) than they actualy are. they take men from the frontlines and almost pave the way for the main force (8-20 guys) kinda like paratroopers of WWII. the gearkit is the complete oposite side of the spectrum from urban warriors. instead of light weight markers and super short barrels, they would use grenade launchers on heavy "machine guns". all kinds of heavy weapons would be in the mix to tear down the enemy... rockets, mortars, you name it! in a co-operation with the urban warriors (and all conventional troops), they would hold down the outskirts of a city (mass of paintbunkers designed to look like buildings). they would rain paint on all who crossed their path. they would be a squad of sheer terror on the field. they would never go without respect.
-note: the reason i said stormtroopers is because stormtroopers would mass up suplies in secret right by the enemy lines then push with all their might right through the heart of the enemy, the objective is to create a line of resistance behind the enemy, kill them off, and advance frendly lines.
-note2: stealth seems to be an acessory to these guys. they hide in the shadows, but when the poo hits the fan, nobody can stand in their way. theyre accurate to the point of insanity, and shoot without a moments hesitation. they will pwn the individual player in a matter of 15 seconds or less. as masters of movement they always have angles on you, even when they dont know your their. they seem widely placed to you as you line up your scope, but you fail to see the one behind you, preparing to call for a surrender... a silent kill.
-note3: dont be afraid to use the grapeshot! (especialy if you run into these guys).

those are the two most effective positions i can think of that kinda break tradition like that... theres more good positions out there, some that never got any good credit. why? because ppl smack them down without even knowing what its all about. seriously, try it or dont smack it down... (btw i know the urban guys work... ive seen it all the time. something called S.W.A.T. i simply aplied what ive learned from my dad's swat-team/police officer friend to paintball.)

This post has been edited by weeebeep: 17 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

#4 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

View Postwargames, on Jan 15 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

I HATE IT WHEN KIDS SHOW OFF THEIR 20 POUND A-5 M16. ITS NOT LIKE YOU CAN RUN WITH THAT.

Try running with a ruck, K-pot, IBA, M4, and 120 rounds of 5.56, in boots with a DS screaming in your ear.

I'll take the so called 20 pound A-5 any day. :dodgy:

#5 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

I hate ppl who run their mouths off about other ppl and their choices when we should be discussing different teams for the use of paintball... (that goes for everyone...)

whoops forgot... this is the flaming topic. sorry

This post has been edited by weeebeep: 17 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

#6 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

I hate way too serious internet topics. :D

This post has been edited by Animal Mother: 17 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

#7 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

i hate ppl who call other ppl names!!!! (this is gettin fun!)

#8 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

I hate people that take internet forums to heart. :P

#9 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

Play nice. I'm just making for good conversation. Peace and Love weeebeep Animal Mother.
Grown trained men and women carry the heavy stuff Mother. Not 12 year old kids. That was my point.
As for the Topic, it is moves I rather see people doing than sitting in the back. There's simple actions that can be used to
make a game more interesting. I'll have a defensive strad. posted in a little.
You two play nice.
CQB stuff again....http://cqb-team.com/

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 18 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

I am the Paintball Stig

#10 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:20 AM

As for military service, Amen and respect.
Feel bad for the civies that think PB is the community core.
And you know a m16 doesn't run 20lb. Its like 8lb?
BACK on Topic...!
(McCain '08)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 18 January 2008 - 07:21 AM

I am the Paintball Stig

#11 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

AND Animal Mother, get your patch on the New Patches thread. plezzzzzz.
I am the Paintball Stig

#12 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

View Postwargames, on Jan 18 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

AND Animal Mother, get your patch on the New Patches thread. plezzzzzz.

Patches ? where ? I want patches now ! :P

Ok, I'll be a good boy, back on topic fellas.

#13 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

Patches ? where ? I want patches now ! :D

Your Atlantic operations patch thing. Its nifty

I see the gear thing too now. I got ya.
Add I've got to post on your A-5 mod thread. Did you mill the to of your A-5 for rails. Or is that a bolt on I could see.
Ooh ya. Back on topic.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 18 January 2008 - 03:32 PM

I am the Paintball Stig

#14 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

I do agree with SO on one of their maneuvers. The fewest amount of players on defense as possible. However, you have to move around even on defense. If that means some type of flank or ambush, as long as its moving. Its important that the defenders are spread out. " One grenade will kill ya all, " as the saying goes. A broad line of fire is better than the opposition concentrating their fire on three people side by side.

This is one of the times a 'sniper team' ( if thats what you want to call it ) is crucial. The defenders make for a huge detraction and the Sn team can slowly pick them apart.

Thoughts on defense......? :question:
I am the Paintball Stig

#15 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

theres really only one type of defencive team. and thats the defencive team. specops actualy has that one down right (by some miracle) so everyone knows how to play defence right already.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users