• This topic is locked

Noobs...listen Its story time, children Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The_Red 

• The Irish Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The_Red

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

Well, i went painballing a while ago to CPX in Joliet, IL...my home park. Well, the first game was at a city-type field designed by the Disney people called Bedlam, if you have been there, you know the layout, but i will show it anyway.

The park is maybe a square acre with 6 buildings, one with a second floor. Each team of 15 starts on opposite ends, one next to the "Post Office" with the second story and the other behind the "Bates' Hotel" I was starting behind the hotel. [Now i have to add, i have been paintballing religously for five years, and i was a ref there, so i know i thing or two about this course, and well everyother one, too. So, the teams were literally me, my friend, and 13 noobs vs. 10 noobs and 5 parents. I was wearing my bdus, combat boots from my bro (101st Airbourne), with a 100 round pod on my hip, with my PMI USP, and my heavily customized M98C. My buddy wore his speedball gear, with his stock Ion and HALO. The other noobs all had rental 98Cs and too much "armor".

Anyway...i told my buddy (Matt) to haul-butt up the side alley and keep the other team occupied. He took most of the noobs with, myself moving to flank the other team with three second-timer noobs. When the ref (my former mentor) called "GO!" I took off and the noobs kept up. I managed to keep a low profile and slipped into the post office to see (and i am not kidding on this) 12 of the 15 noobs standing around. Let me fastforward...

So i reloaded and after the dead cleared out, all that seperated me and the 3 remaining, was a wall of screening. I noob got a lucky shot off that nailed my arm, but i quick paintcheck from the ref kept me in the game. While the two in the tower kept their attention on me, Matt moved in behind them (having taken out the one outside out) and killed the last two.

GAME OVER

So after the next round, we won again, and everyone was mad that they lost both rounds in the game. Claiming that i cheated and was too good.

This is where the lession comes to Noobs..

1st, Shut up, i sucked the whole first year of play and still do sometimes (namely after football games)
2nd Paintballs at 280 fps (cpx limit) hurt for 1 minute to be exact...suck it up
3rd When you see a guy dressed in camo with a good gun, he isnt always the best of the best (i'd like to think so, but murphy caught up to me that day and he killed my Cyclone

so just play, the rest will come to you
a lot of speedballers haven't realized that their $500+ guns can, in fact fire one round at a time.

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Congrats on being jerk.

Yes, I said it. It's obvious by your post that you think your quiet good at paintball. Whoopdeedoo. Your attitude towards new players is pathetic.

Your attitude isn't exactly welcomed here. Here we accept new players as new and treat them with respect. We try to guide and teach them, not flap our yaps and tell them to suck it up.

There are other forums that would openly welcome your ego, but not here. Check it at the door, especially if you'd like to stay.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Here, here. The Lord Puzuma speaks.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#4 User is offline   Voky 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOP NOTCH

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

I second Puz. That's the way!

EDIT: If you think you're hot, come and play me at my hometown field. And yes, that is a challenge. :D :wacko:

This post has been edited by Voky: 02 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Lover of Chick-fil-A #1
PM me for a #
Alabamian #1

#5 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

View PostThe_Red, on Sep 2 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

1st, Shut up, i sucked the whole first year of play and still do sometimes (namely after football games)

So, you tell newbies to shut up instead of helping them. Real nice.

2nd Paintballs at 280 fps (cpx limit) hurt for 1 minute to be exact...suck it up

The first time you played you were scared to get hit. I guarantee that.

3rd When you see a guy dressed in camo with a good gun, he isnt always the best of the best (i'd like to think so, but murphy caught up to me that day and he killed my Cyclone

Ever wonder if the teams may have been a bit uneven? Maybe your friend should have switched teams if you won twice in a row.

I agree with puzuma. Check the attitude, or don't expect to be around for a long time.

<Insert Sig Here>

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

I like him. He makes me look good. :wacko:

Anyways poster. How is this suppose to help the new players? What kind of answer do you want from them since it's directed to them.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 02 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

#7 User is offline   stevezissu 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

I agree i mean you could have tried to educated them instead of complaining.
Sz

#8 User is offline   Voky 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOP NOTCH

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

View Postmtaylor, on Sep 2 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

View PostThe_Red, on Sep 2 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

So, you tell newbies to shut up instead of helping them. Real nice.

The first time you played you were scared to get hit. I guarantee that.

Ever wonder if the teams may have been a bit uneven? Maybe your friend should have switched teams if you won twice in a row.

He's probably still scared to get hit!
Lover of Chick-fil-A #1
PM me for a #
Alabamian #1

#9 User is offline   Darkling 

• Dustin
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dustin

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Well i kind of agree with parts i hate when noobs say you cheat just because they lost and you have gear outher than that i disagree
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Sabre motto

WOODSBALL IT IS WHAT WE DO!

#10 User is offline   xVIPERx 

• Acta Non Verba
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:xVIPERx

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

all though I do agree, being bashed by noobs saying you're too good to play is annoying. I had a swarm of 20 little kids around me telling me to not play with them, I mean, I payed to play, and I'm going to play whether you like it or not. Now im not being mean, it just gets REALLY old after a while.
Acta Non Verba-"Actions Not Words"

#11 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

What are you doing playing with noobs when you should clearly be playing for the top SPPL teams?

It's people like you that give experienced players a bad name. I hope when you were reffing at this field you didn't tell noobs to shut up when they got shot.

#12 User is offline   xVIPERx 

• Acta Non Verba
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:xVIPERx

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

he's not saying he's good. He's just saying that the noobs thought he was good; noobs will always say this kind of stuff. stop bashing the poor guy.
Acta Non Verba-"Actions Not Words"

#13 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

Although, I DO hate noobs who don't listen or move up from fear of getting hit, you have to give them time. I was the exact same way my first year and a half, then I got used to getting hit and realized how much you can improve as a player.

Even though at times I feel like I could tackle some new player who doesn't cover me after request, move up in a key situation, or just wussing out because they don't want to get hit, I have to remember I was like that and I am nowhere near as good as many others.

If we as players are rude and condemning of new player, this sport will die. Have you ever noticed how a football team will give the new kid a hard time but lift him up when he needs it? That's how paintball should be, we need to lift up and encourage new players.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#14 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

View PostxVIPERx, on Sep 2 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

he's not saying he's good. He's just saying that the noobs thought he was good; noobs will always say this kind of stuff. stop bashing the poor guy.

whatever he is saying he should stop being so ignorant about it.

#15 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

Simply put we deal with two types of newbies here:

1. Paintball Newbies
2. Forum Newbies.

Both groups makes mistakes or need to be shown sometimes. No biggie.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 02 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users