Period of Product Use: Less than a month

Paintball
Experience: 7 months

Similar
Products Used: Revy hopper, empire reloader b

Marker Setup: ion with ups and pulse loader, and 50/3000 jt usa tank

Recommended Upgrades: speed feed and rf chip

Strengths: very cleanable, reverse is awesome,

Weaknesses: very new so no upgrade or shells, magnetic lid is hard to get open here and there

Review: I got this Christmas morning, I went holy crap. took it out of the back, SHINY lol. Nicest thing I have ever handled. So I go to the indoor near me. Put the batteries in and air up the ion and put some balls into it. I chrono the ion. Next I went out to play and I shot some at a target. then we start playing I went like 15 BPS(amazing to me and I have slow as hell fingers) and I barely heard anything except the sounds of guns( lol).
I shot the pulse, got shot in the pulse. Let me tell you out of all I have seen out of hoppers, this thing is easy I mean very easy to clean. then I get back out on the field and I dive into the snake and hit the hopper on the ground (not intentional) and I donít come off with a scratch or break and I dove pretty hard(hurt my stomach lol)

Conclusion: out of all the hoppers I have seen, used I like this the most. Its very nice. Let me tell you this thing is for any kind of paintball. Play woods with it and you will love it. I know you will.

Rating: 9 out of 10 only because there are no upgrades for it (like shells and other stuff) because it is very new

More to my review. Well I took my friends empire and pulse today. put some paintballs in both then turn them on. The pulse unloaded first by 10 balls. Next we I held them out in front of me, arms length and the pulse was a little lighter with batteries in both. Very easy to clean. Take the tray out. The Pulse you can press a blue button when jammed and will reverse it then start unloading it. Also we shot my gun like 500 rounds through. Both with eyes on and eyes off. For my test gun I used a ion with scenario dreams t board. we could not use the pulse on the RF setting because I donít have a RF chip. Even though I used a nxt shocker with a RF chip and it was very nice. The loading of the gun is ok not hard. It uses a magnetic lid which is nice but sometimes too hard to open it up and reload it. The neck is not flimsy very strong. The Pulse hold around 140-150 rounds. Next we will be going to the indoor by us and seeing whose batteries die first using the same amount of paint and batteries.

Pictures (my camera sucks and they are huge)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1002.jpg
this is the side of the Pulse
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1003.jpg
this is the pulse with it feeding rounds through it
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1004.jpg
This is the easy clean tray
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1005.jpg
Back of the tray with the button and board
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1006.jpg
Side of tray
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1007.jpg
This is the tray, I donít know what to call it but the clear thing spins and feeds the ball through into the gun
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1008.jpg
This is where the tray would go and thatís the tube where the balls go through
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1011.jpg
This hole is where the tray slides in and clicks and stays in
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1012.jpg
This is the tray half way clicked in
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1013.jpg
The pulse is on and ball are going through while I am doing the test
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/dark...82/DCP_1014.jpg
Close up shot of it feeding

MORE. The magnets that hold the lid down are very tight at first, but keep your lid down and its getting easier to open and close when you get used to it. It holds 6 AA batteries. I donít think it will still feed if the batteries die, basically its after you use the batteries with it, and my team ate actually did it, I donít know about the halos or anything but he took 9 volt adaptors and wired them to the gun and its a nice mod in my opinion.
Edit:One more it is polycarbonate (lens plastic), very tough

Q By Surge-ns on MCB forums: what is the profile of this like, and do you think it would deflect well?
A: If you mean deflecting shots yes it does deflect shots well. Not for me though,i stick my hopper out of the bunker a lot when i am looking for people and i normally don't realize it till the last second. Basically its my fault lol

This post has been edited by darkwolf0982: 25 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

Metallica- one of the best bands ever. Hell yea.
Im very sneaky. I could be behind you right now and you turn around. Im not there. Why? Because i zapped infront of you,and you dont know it. Then you turn back and im right behind you again. I keep zapping so much you think your crazy. Then i tell you, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance to get the sneakyness i bought. Then were playing paintball and I WAS in front of you shooting you till i zapped in back of you to shoot you.

#2 User is offline   Blaze008 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FJA

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

good review!

if i get a new highend hopper, this would probably be what i get

#3 User is offline   Captian A.D.D 

• Life Noobie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

I really like the Pulse, just not the price tag. And when at Chicagoland paintball someone dove into the bunker funny (left handed) and most of the bottom snapped off with the feedneck. So I'll make due with my eggyII for now. BTW good reveiw.
"Dirty deeds done dirt cheap"

#4 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

Could we get some pictures?
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#5 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• Nut of Real steal weapons and armies.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:darkwolf0982

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

definatly get some pics tomorow,and thanks,my first review by the way
Im very sneaky. I could be behind you right now and you turn around. Im not there. Why? Because i zapped infront of you,and you dont know it. Then you turn back and im right behind you again. I keep zapping so much you think your crazy. Then i tell you, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance to get the sneakyness i bought. Then were playing paintball and I WAS in front of you shooting you till i zapped in back of you to shoot you.

#6 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• PipPip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

i updated this a lot

#7 User is offline   zWarlord 

• Thought Police
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:zWarlord

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Yea, my friend broke the neck off his pulse. After only using it for 3 games. Slid into an X and it broke off quite cleanly (he ONLY hit the X not the ground). The body may be able to drive a nail, but the neck is poorly strengthened

This post has been edited by zWarlord: 25 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Proud USF Bull

I am but a lifeguard in the human gene pool

#8 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• PipPip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

wow that sucks(he might be exatrading(sp?),but im not guna go do that and try to break the neck off untill i get a qloader or another pulse

#9 User is offline   zWarlord 

• Thought Police
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:zWarlord

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

^^Nope, no exaggeration, i watched him do it. hit the hopper on the side of the X and "pop" no hopper.
Proud USF Bull

I am but a lifeguard in the human gene pool

#10 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

i cant wait till i can get enough money for a pulse, is it true it doesnt work with reballs?
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#11 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

View PostConor1148, on Jan 26 2007, 07:22 PM, said:

i cant wait till i can get enough money for a pulse, is it true it doesnt work with reballs?

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't.

#12 User is offline   salad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tater not salad any more

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

no reball dose not work well after running about 2 pods thru the static electricty builds and then if you come near touching the rewind button it will shut the hopper off and give you a nice lil shock
here is a link to a video of the problem

link to video of reball problem

This post has been edited by salad: 01 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

IF WE CANT DO IT THEN IT DOSENT NEED TO BE DONE
IPB Image
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!

#13 User is offline   MillardFlemming 

• Odi et Amo.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILLARD FLEMMING

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

nice review. that sucks about the feedneck. the Halo B feed neck is really thick. you'd think they'd do that with the pulse.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free -John 8:32
Smart Parts Special Forces Member

I take roughly 100 shots per kill, and I like it.

#14 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• PipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:39 PM

View PostMillardFlemming, on Feb 27 2007, 08:01 PM, said:

nice review. that sucks about the feedneck. the Halo B feed neck is really thick. you'd think they'd do that with the pulse.

yea i kno but there must have been something wrong with it,like he droopped it by accident

#15 User is offline   crossfirekid 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

i heard that its illegal for vendors to sell pulse loaders cause of some copyright problem that dxs had with halo
IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users