Special Ops Paintball: Looking to buy an MR-1 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking to buy an MR-1 what kinda upgrades are available? Barrles, ect... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ghost.Mob.One 

• Official BES Paint Slinger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghost.Mob.One

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

Im thinkin about buying a Spyder MR1 but im looking to see what other barrles i can upgrade to, or other mods besides the electronic trigger(i dont like elec. triggers, they worry me). But other than that ive read some good reviews about the gun..

#2 User is offline   carl_the_sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

Well you can put on any spyder threaded barrel.These are pretty common but make sure it is actually spyder-threaded and not another type.

Are you looking for performance or visual upgrades?

Why do electric triggers worry you?

They are pretty nice markers as the MR series is a higher (remember the er) quality spyder.

#3 User is offline   Ghost.Mob.One 

• Official BES Paint Slinger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost.Mob.One

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

id rather just shoot a semi auto... ive know several people who have had problems where their gun stopped shooting, or the battery drained really quick... im also the type of guy that would forget that i need to change the battery and half way through the game realize it... im just used to a semi-auto and just usin my good ol fingers to pump out rounds

#4 User is offline   j0k3r 

• my own minion
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

use search bar, (search mr1) and then go to my thread which is called mr1 add-ons or anything theres a bunch of suggestions there

#5 User is offline   boogieman69 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Boogieman

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

View Postcarl_the_sniper, on May 30 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

They are pretty nice markers as the MR series is a higher (remember the er) quality spyder.

Actually they are not higher quality. They are just Kingmans milsim line and use a few different pieces than a standard Spyder.
"I am the Flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon You."
Ghengis Khan

PBN Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1996102
Spec Ops Feedback http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=119319

#6 User is offline   Wngman 

• Wingman
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wingman

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

View PostGhost.Mob.One, on May 30 2007, 04:09 PM, said:

Im thinkin about buying a Spyder MR1 but im looking to see what other barrles i can upgrade to, or other mods besides the electronic trigger(i dont like elec. triggers, they worry me). But other than that ive read some good reviews about the gun..

I have one with a sight rail that ill sell you
Everyone needs a WINGMAN when they go into battle

#7 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

i bought an mr1 about 5 years ago, it still works fine. ive owned several of the other mrs, and i wud have to say the mr1 is the way to go. Its the easiest to fieldstrip and maintain. there are plenty of mods out there, it just takes a bit more looking around, there are plenty of links on the forum. Also ive managed to out shoot a grav hopper with my mr1, so u can get decent bps for a mech marker. just pm me if u have any additional questions.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#8 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

The MR4 is now available, with the new EKO valve. Supposedly it lets you shoot just under a case of paint on a single 20oz fill. It's compatible with MR2/3 mods.

I have one. Haven't played with it yet, and just recently got to shoot it in my parents back yard. It has a nice short, light trigger pull that makes it easy to get a decent ROF. No idea how many shots you can actually get. I only have a 12 oz tank and had maybe 500 rounds.

Accuracy was mediocre, more because of it being left over paint from last season. Dimples and flat spots don't fly straight. No breaks, so that's a good sign.

The stock shoulders nicely but you can't sight down the top with a mask on. I think I'll either ditch the stock or get a SO Commando stock (fits the MR2/3).
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users