• You cannot reply to this topic

Tacamo ak47 vs A5 need some help fast! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jebking

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

hey i have a friend who is selling his a5 and his tacamo ak47. hes selling them both for $200 so it doesn't matter which one i buy if money is the issue. i know that you can literally run over the tacamo with a car (yes, it has been done) and it will still work however i know that the A5 is also very durable. Which one is better performance wise? im not gonna upgrade the a5 for some time and i wont have to upgrade the AK at all so just leave milsim upgrades out of the reviews. And yes i know the a5 has many more INTERNAL upgrades... so the conclusion is which one is better in performance? :ghillie:

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

A5 internal upgrades are for the most part useless anyway....

#3 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

really? i thought they upd performance in the a5...

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

Which ups are you talking about?

Welcome to the forum by the way..

This post has been edited by shadow_772: 09 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

#5 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

im talking about a howitzer bolt maybe? and thank you... k back to the vs topic

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Meh, the howitzer doesn't do much, makes the marker a little louder, thats about it.. All in all, I would take the tacamo over an A5. I have owned an A5 and an X7 (very similar) and can't stand cyclone feeds...

#7 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

yeah ive heard that cyclone feed isint all its worked up to be... so anyone else wanna weigh in?

#8 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

I personally am not a big fan of either, but I can offer my opinion on both.

Don't really expect any of the "upgrades" to A-5s to really improve their performance in a noticeable way. Sometimes they end up doing more bad than good. The claims their manufacturers make are completely overstated. Usually the more upgradable something is the more it was lacking to begin with. If you ask me, the best markers are optimized from the factory.

As for the cyclone, its personal preference. It's a very complicated way of feeding paint into the marker. It's large, bulky, and is known for having issues. But some people are so against having batteries on their marker that they prefer it. An simple electronic loader works just as well and costs much less. They are also much more simple in their operation. Empire Reloader IIs are a nice option. They are sound activated, for every shot they feed a ball. You can't even hear them. But if you ask me, nothing quite beats a good gravity hopper. The only upgrade you really need are a decent barrel. Aside from that, a spring kit and consistent air source are the only real upgrades that will make a difference.

They both put forward the image of reliability, but don't buy into it just based off what you hear. Tippmann at one point in time actually had very solid markers. SL-68s, Pro/Carbines and anything before Model 98s are great examples. However, they've swapped in their clamshell designs, plastic power tubes, plastic triggers, and outsourced to China. The Tacamo is likely a bit better, but like most stacked tube blowbacks, its only a matter of time before either your hammer or sear wear out. Most markers actually can be run over by cars. If durability if your chief concern, look at Automags - they're actually strong enough to lift a car.

If you're really into milsim I would suggest saving up for a Get Real Paintball marker. They work on a pneumatic system rather than a blowback, not mass produced, and made to a very high standard. If you're looking for something a little less, Vector M1s have recently gotten back into production and are very nice blowbacks. Between the two though, I would probably get the A-5. You can buy it form your friend, but they actually can sell for under $150 on eBay/Craigslist, even with modifications done already.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#9 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

Along with the ATS line, I hear Milsigs are nice, mag fed markers if that is what you are looking for.

#10 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

wow i looked at the markers you suggested and im impressed, however those things are WAY out of my budget :( ... so yeah i cant afford mag fed markers, even though ive always wanted one.

#11 User is offline   Robot Mice 

• Wheres The RoBo Cheese!?
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

save some money and get a better gun like a sp-1, or some thing

[/u]
[/color]Me 6th grade teacher said that people that are good at math are bad at spelling so bare with me

#12 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostRobot Mice, on May 11 2009, 04:30 PM, said:

save some money and get a better gun like a sp-1, or some thing

Both the markers he suggested would cost more than an SP1... Unless used but still...

SP=A big no in my opinion...

#13 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

Dude, eBay! You could pick up an SP-1 or A-5 (albeit unmodded) for under 200. Packages including mask tank ect.. for just over 200. (maybe you could borrow a couple bucks from someone)
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#14 User is offline   jebking 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

yeah i heard sp1 was good but are you sure smart parts is a good choice?

#15 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I'm not a huge Smart Parts fan myself, but the SP-1 seems like a decent deal. Definitely better than the Tippmann or Tacamo option for sure... nothing can make an A-5 worth $200. Tippmanns are money pits.

For $200 you can look into used Autocockers and for a bit more you can look into Classic Automags, both of which are great choices. Automags are great markers; probably the most durable out there. They also have a scenario-based marker called the Tac-One which has a more... "tactical" look to it if that's what you're into.

There's always BT-4s as well. They're sort of like improved Tippmann 98 Customs. I think they're great deals, if I had the money I'd buy one right now.

Those are just some other ideas, but the SP-1 seems like a great marker for the price. I personally think Automags and Autocockers are way better than the SP-1 though. I hear Smart Parts has good customer service, so I think you'll be alright.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users