• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sp-1 one-point sling mount? need help finding a resolution

#1 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Im trying to figure out how to add a sling mount to the back of my sp-1, I dont want to use a stock with my marker, I like air on and I prefer to use the bottle in lieu of a stock.
any ideas on what I can do? will an A5 end cap fit on the sp-1? (has a sling mount) or is there an affordable swivel sling mount that I can mount on the back rail? (10.00 or under)

I found a few at walmart in the hunting department but cant tell how they would mount to the marker, most look like they wont work, anyone used these before?

any creative suggestions?

I apprecitate any and all thoughts.

#2 User is offline   Murdoc 

• Team Shockwave
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MURDOC88

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

Now I don't have an SP1 yet, but if you could find a sling attachment and JB weld it to the rear plate it would stay securely and then you could just find a mount that would attach to the front rails and boom ... sling.
- Murdoc
- Team Shockwave

#3 User is offline   paintballfrk 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

Kind of expensive but i think this might work

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...equestid=108823

#4 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

A friend of mine just removed the back plate from the SP1, and used the top screw to hold a simple eye/ring.

I'm sure its safe to do this because the Vibe doesn't have a back plate either..

What I did in a pinch was put a large zip tie all the way around the back of the marker, it fit between the rail notches of all 3 of the back rails, and left a gap large enough to clip my strap to the zip-tie. Yeah, looks a little getto, but it works.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#5 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MADCHILD

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

Yeah mount something to the backplate, thats not what holds the bolt in the body so you can do pretty much whatever you want to it.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#6 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ev

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

well what you could always do is use the neck of the bottle... as long as it's screwed in it'll stay on there because the tank is larger than the neck... yeah hope that helps...

-Ev
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#7 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Apr 15 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

Kind of expensive but i think this might work

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...equestid=108823

Id love to use something like this, I just think 40.00 is alittle (alot) high, but this is obviously the "right" way to do it.
I dont know how realistic it would be, but im wodering if I could find something like this for under 20.00

View PostEVERETTB2002@AOL.COM, on Apr 15 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

well what you could always do is use the neck of the bottle... as long as it's screwed in it'll stay on there because the tank is larger than the neck... yeah hope that helps...

-Ev

funny thing, I didnt even think of this solution, it would deff work in a pinch.
thanks for the idea.

View PostMadChild, on Apr 15 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Yeah mount something to the backplate, thats not what holds the bolt in the body so you can do pretty much whatever you want to it.

I was wondering about that, but for some reason thought that it held all the jewels in place, I think ill look into bolting something to the backplate

Thanks!

View Postfocus, on Apr 15 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

A friend of mine just removed the back plate from the SP1, and used the top screw to hold a simple eye/ring.

I'm sure its safe to do this because the Vibe doesn't have a back plate either..

What I did in a pinch was put a large zip tie all the way around the back of the marker, it fit between the rail notches of all 3 of the back rails, and left a gap large enough to clip my strap to the zip-tie. Yeah, looks a little getto, but it works.

I had thought about using a large ziptie like that, but wanted to look at other options before going the ghetto route.

I think untill I can justify 40.00 for a pic rail mount, ill frankenstien up the back plate, im pretty sure you can even get a replacement back plate from SP for those times when I have modding regret.

View PostMurdoc, on Apr 15 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

Now I don't have an SP1 yet, but if you could find a sling attachment and JB weld it to the rear plate it would stay securely and then you could just find a mount that would attach to the front rails and boom ... sling.

I dont want to do anything permanent if I can help it

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone, ill come up with something and post it.

This post has been edited by Hellspawn: 16 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

#8 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

No problem, glad I can help. Make sure and get some pics when your done, I wana see what ya end up doing.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#9 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

Heres my .39 + tax fix

I used a small (I think the smallest) cable tie that I could find at Lowes, its 1/8'' and the thing that worked out perfect is something I didnt anticipate.
when I removed the backplate, I realized that there was not enough room behind the backplate to attach anything becuase of the markers bolt, the nut that came with the cable tie was the EXACT same size as the hex wrench opening on the bolt, I drilled the two holes so that the bottom hole would line up with the middle of the bolt on the marker, I tightened down the nut on the cable tie, stuck it on and waalah.

I used a ring that was on an old duffle bag that I was throwing away for the actual mount.

Ill replace that ring with a smaller one that ill find at my local thrift store for .50 I dont like the one I have on it right now, becuase of the smaller "loop" it doesnt rotate properly and sticks out.

I hit it with a coat of flat black spray paint to finish it up.

I only used a nut on the bottom hole (the one that lines up with the internal bolt) the other side is not attached in anyway, but holds perfectly, it swivels alittle, but its not comming lose.

the thing that I like is that I can buy a new replacement backplate if I ever want to remove the sling mount, this is not what I would consider a permanent mod.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Hellspawn: 17 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

#10 User is offline   entropy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:entropy

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Nice job Hellspawn

#11 User is offline   paintballfrk 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

If you google piccatany rail sling mount you culd probally find cheaper ones.

Here you go

http://www.cheaperth...65771-1886.html

This post has been edited by paintballfrk: 17 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

#12 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Looks very nice! Well done. You should post a guide so we can get a sticky, alot of people are going to be interested in this.

This post has been edited by MadChild: 19 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

maximum size exceeded

#13 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

View PostMadChild, on Apr 19 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

Looks very nice! Well done. You should post a guide so we can get a sticky, alot of people are going to be interested in this.

if you feel like that would be helpfull, id be more than happy to take better pictures and write up a guide.

but looking at the cheaper than dirt link for that pic rail mount for 14.99 looks like a "cleaner" solution, I mean for under a buck its hard to beat my ghetto mod, but if you dont want to have to drill any holes, that pic mount would be best.

but in the interest of all cheapskates out there (like me), ill post a simple and quick writeup.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users