OMNIPAT dagger oh so many improvements

#1 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

Boys well done!!! It’s great to see some new things integrated into the vest. The “hidden” pockets on both front pockets are great, will enable players to carrying a bit more on the field, and if you are carrying maps etc should help prevent them getting wet from sweat. Noticed the outside front pocket is a little smaller but it’s more than compensated for with the front big front pockets.

Hidden pockets
Posted Image

ok moving on

Posted Image
Also at first glance it looks as if you have done away with the pocket for the camel bak bladders, but being the creative people that they are they have created a big hidden pocket on the back for your camel bak bladder. I notice on the inside there is a tag or loop of some kind, is this to help keep up the camel bak bladder? If so a one ended Velcro loop would have been better to secure it

Posted Image

On the adjustable side straps its great to see that you guys have added a little Velcro thing on the end of each strap so that the user can roll up the excess strap, making it look tidier and prevent things dangling off the sides. I would have liked to have seen that initiative transfer also onto the shoulder strap loops. I’ve had to loop it over itself a couple of times to take up the excess.

Old style Dagger side straps
Posted Image

New Omnipat dagger side straps
Posted Image

Also the pack space on your back has been reduced, by making the name panel smaller, which is a great idea as will help reduce heat build up in your back area.

Back profile of old style dagger vest
Posted Image

Back profile on OMNIPAT dagger vest
Posted Image

Overall i would rate the dagger vest to be a vast improvement over the old style dagger vest, although you are carring one pod less, it doesnt make much difference, players will enjoy the new style of the dagger vest, it is certainly a must have for anyone buying the new omnipat range, spend that little bit more and get the dagger vest to complete that omnipat look

dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#2 User is offline   Wanted 

• Team Iced
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

Great review, I was thinking of getting this vest now its something I have to get because of the improvements.

Official Sniper #31
Automaggot # 142

#3 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

View PostWanted, on Nov 25 2007, 09:15 AM, said:

Great review, I was thinking of getting this vest now its something I have to get because of the improvements.

Sounds like it is amasing can't wait to get one!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#4 User is offline   johnross2007 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:johnross2007

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

Just ordered myself an Omnipat Sabre!

#5 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:40 PM

think im gonna order one here soon... im super excited... it seems really kick butt...

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#6 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

View PostPainkiller Jane, on Dec 27 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

think im gonna order one here soon... im super excited... it seems really kick butt...

pkj

get one they rock!!

had to put my car keys in one of the front hidden pockets the other week and i could do so comfortably knowing that i wouldnt lose them on the field!!
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#7 User is offline   Gemini Don 

• Good News, I'm hated by those that you! May they fear us
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gemini Don

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

Very nice. Last scenario I was at I had to leave my keys in the car (unlocked) left an uneasy feeling in my stomach all day. Luckily nothing happened, either way my vest on the way, thanks for the review.

#8 User is offline   Big Hairy 

• "str8boostn"
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:str8boostn

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

I have to admit... when I first got this vest I was in love... Great mobility, much cooler (literally) than my operative v2, I really like the horizontal tank setup too... But I do have a couple of comments, not really complaints... but I was wondering if anyone who owns one has experienced the same things...

1. My single point sling is secured to my right shoulder strap... and it destroys my shoulder after a couple of hours... I even added 12" long 2" wide shoulder pads to it and it still feels like someone has hit me in the shoulder with a baseball bat after a game or so... and I'm not a whiner either...

2. My "+1" pod holders will drop out my dye lock lid pods just about any time I take off running... even when I'm not bouncing around much... and I haven't been able to really get the hang of sliding pods back into those things without having to put some serious effort into it (any suggestions or is there an easy way to put pods back in those... I'm new to the "+1", I had them removed when Chad made my full molle pod packs for my operative vest)...

3. No real exit slot for the hydration tube... which means after a short while or bouncing around... the velcro can slip a little, or when putting it on the velcro wants to pull apart because you don't get to seat it up all the way.

Anyways, it is a great vest and very effective for it's purpose... great write up, can't believe I just now noticed it... any thoughts or suggestions would be great, either in the thread or PM me!

#9 User is offline   ericfine50 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

Good Evening guys,

Wondering how people are liking the Dagger 7 (been a few months since the last post)?

Any more feedback?

Thanks
Eric

[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=141916&hl=ericfine50"]ericfine50's Feedback [/topic]

#10 User is offline   houstonphatz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:houstonphatz

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Now I cannot wait for mine to arrive. My squad swears by them, but your review answered many questions. Excellent review and pics.

#11 User is offline   houstonphatz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:houstonphatz

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

I was not disappointed. This vest rocks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users