• You cannot reply to this topic

Referee Gear Vests Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Splatter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SPLATTER68

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

I think a special gear vest for referees would be very handy.

Of course it would cover up the cool "I'm the Freakin' JUDGE" slogan on the back of my jersey, but it would be useful to have a special orange vest with radio pocket(s), hydration bladder, pocket for hand-held chrony, mission card pockets, pen holder, loop to hold a spray bottle to help clean hits, pockets for cloths to wipe off said hits (without velcro in them - I use microfiber cloths, and they really like to stick to velcro), and anything else anbody can think of.

Oooo! And maybe a clear pocket in front and one in back for blinky lights for night games.

What do all the rest of you think?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Brigade #72314
Having an argument in online forums is like competing in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!

#2 User is offline   joepain 

• NEXT GAME:...??????
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:702Recon~LasVegas Player's Assc

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

View PostSplatter, on Oct 2 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

I think a special gear vest for referees would be very handy.

Of course it would cover up the cool "I'm the Freakin' JUDGE" slogan on the back of my jersey, but it would be useful to have a special orange vest with radio pocket(s), hydration bladder, pocket for hand-held chrony, mission card pockets, pen holder, loop to hold a spray bottle to help clean hits, pockets for cloths to wipe off said hits (without velcro in them - I use microfiber cloths, and they really like to stick to velcro), and anything else anbody can think of.

Oooo! And maybe a clear pocket in front and one in back for blinky lights for night games.

What do all the rest of you think?

sounds like u need to call either robert [utah creative design]..emt / police / response team..or brian/"moati"[former cop911 soft goods manger,now head of specops softgoods division...and get like 10 of them,discount price maybe...besides we going to need them soon enough.... :) :ghillie:

#3 User is offline   Da Ref 

• too much work no time to play
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sniper257

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

I think that you will find that the more pockets you have the faster they fill. Maybe a big pocket on the back for and extra rental and bottle. Don't forget to carry a couple of extra BBDs somewere in your set up.Also extra arm band or what ever the field use to tell the difference between teams.
Its simple I saw the hit,
Your out!!

I need a job with more vacation time

#4 User is offline   Splatter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPLATTER68

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

View PostDa Rev, on Oct 3 2006, 08:06 AM, said:

I think that you will find that the more pockets you have the faster they fill. Maybe a big pocket on the back for and extra rental and bottle. Don't forget to carry a couple of extra BBDs somewere in your set up.Also extra arm band or what ever the field use to tell the difference between teams.

Great point about the BBDs and arm bands/tape/whatever! I had thought about that a while ago, but forgot about those.

You reading this thread, MOATI?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Brigade #72314
Having an argument in online forums is like competing in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!

#5 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

What do you guys think of this?...

Orange vest with reflective white trim
High flip up/flip down collar for built-in full 360░ throat protection
Two in side document pockets with pen loops (one on either side)
Removable groin protector, like on the military OTV'v
clips on either side, at the level of the belt, for clipping your goggles/gloves to
MOLLE attachment points on the front and rear for adding pouches
Hydration pocket in back for 100 oz/3L bladder
Drag handle (can also be used for routing hydration tube or radio remote mic)
Large flat panel pocket in lower rear for stowing rain poncho, dry socks, et cetera)
REFEREE printed across upper back
Name and number placard in center of back
Clear horizontal pocket in center of back to hold chem light stick for night games
Would come with two radio pouches (also of newer design)

The MOLLE attachment points would allow each individual to configure vest as desired (such as a lot of pockets for a 12 hour scenario, or fewer pockets for 1 hour games where you might not carry as much stuff). Attachment points would be mixture of straight and 30░ inward slant for ambidexterity.

How am I doing so far?

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

We already have plans to do up some ref vests for next years SPPL and we may do something similar for a production run of ref vests. For now, we can do them on a custom basis. Just contact chad@specialopspaintball.com

#7 User is offline   TIPoff 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPoff

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

I want one!
Kim "The Heretick"

#8 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

View PostMOATI, on Oct 4 2006, 11:45 AM, said:

We already have plans to do up some ref vests for next years SPPL and we may do something similar for a production run of ref vests. For now, we can do them on a custom basis. Just contact chad@specialopspaintball.com

Any idea when your vest will be available? What sort of features are you guys thinking of incorporating?

#9 Guest_Pale Rider_*

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:13 AM

Edit:My Wish List

I'd like mine like this

Multi Acid color like the SPPL Shirts
water bladder in the back
Place for at least 2 radios in the front
3 pen pockets.
A place to teather a clip board
Mask holder
Big pocket or two for hole punch, chrono, lip balm, snickers bar
Reflective tape on the sholders

bout it

Edit: forgot name tags

Thanks Dr. W

This post has been edited by Pale Rider: 28 October 2006 - 05:24 AM

#10 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

HUH?

No name tags? Neither front OR back?

That's not cool............

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#11 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

View PostDr. Wiggy, on Oct 26 2006, 05:13 PM, said:

HUH?

No name tags? Neither front OR back?

That's not cool............

God Bless,
Doc

Ditto that, Doc Wiggy. Also, I'd don't care for the color choice. Pity they're not going to simply stick with the Orange and white tape. I don't like the added yellow, beause it's a player color. Poor foreward thinking, if you ask me. I've done quite a bit of DD on this product concept already, asking referees on the fields and on the forums. Needs to have attachment points, as well, in case you want to carry first aid, et cetera. Inside pockets would be obvious, too, I would think.

This post has been edited by Mars: 30 October 2006 - 05:13 AM

#12 Guest_Pale Rider_*

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:22 AM

View PostMars, on Oct 26 2006, 05:18 PM, said:

Ditto that, Doc Wiggy. Also, I'd don't care for the color choice. Pity they're not going to simply stick with the Orange and white tape. I don't like the added yellow, beause it's a player color. Poor foreward thinking, if you ask me. I would think. I've done quite a bit of DD on this product concept already, asking referees on the fields and on the forums. Needs to have attachment points, as well, in case you want to carry first aid, et cetera. Inside pockets would be obvious, too

Mars
I was just making a suggestion, not a statment. While I do ref for the SPPL, I don't work for spec ops.
I was just putiing down my wish list so to speak. Sorry for the confusion. :P

#13 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:44 AM

Sorry, Pale Rider, when I first read your post, it sounded like an "etched in stone" kinda thing, I was a little disappointed and venting. I've been waiting for the paintball industry to catch up with the times, get their minds in gear, and start making stuff that matters, rather that just money. Which one of us wouldn't buy an orange referee mask, or orange paintball gloves? It doesn't take a Mensa candidate to figure out that we are a "missed target" market segment. Another cool thing would be if more companies in the paintball industry were 360░ thinking. I mean, really... an orange marker... way to go, to that think tank reject. That had to take all the forethought of a soapdish, for that gem of an idea. Oh wait... maybe they were thinking about all the times we get to carry markers as a referee? <--- obvious sarcasm And yet, no one seemed to catch a glimpse, the idea of a complete paintball referee uniform (other than the pale, shallow attempt - a sleeveless, black/white striped jersey, boasting REF accross the chest), like other sports. If basketball can figure it out, certainly paintball should be able to at least trip and fall on a good idea once-in-a-while.

end of sermon

#14 Guest_Pale Rider_*

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:09 AM

View PostMars, on Oct 30 2006, 05:44 AM, said:

Which one of us wouldn't buy an orange referee mask, or orange paintball gloves? If basketball can figure it out, certainly paintball should be able to at least trip and fall on a good idea once-in-a-while.
end of sermon

good points
I agree, there a several diffrent venues in PB to ref and good clothing and gear does not really exsist.

When I ref tourny ball, I just wore Zebra strips at first, but after I got my SPPL Ref Shirt I wore that and I got good comments on it. In tourny ball you need more protection too, refs take a lot more paint

But In the SPPL and as a Head Ref I needed a vest, with pockets, water, a place to put my Clip board when I need both hands pen holders and 2 radios. also I picked up all the nurf rockets and keept them till the end.

The mulit colored DOO DOOs worked great....except at the finals, the tress were in the fall colrs and we blended in better than the gillie suits LOL

Ref mask need to have more comfort too....some days I would have mine on for 10-12 hours.

#15 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Oh,

sorry about that............ :D My bad.................

:dodgy:

We're cool right? :angry:

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users