• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duracoating What are all the things needed from A-Z? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Flesterage 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Looking at BB's custom painted guns and my old paintjob I made on my old 98c with Krylon, I'm thinking when I have the money to start duracoating. I wanted to have a list of all the things needed for DIY duracoat and the price that goes with every item to plan myself a budget around it. Thanks.

|98c Platinum|=> 14'' Stiffi Barrel, Cyclone Loader, Tac-Cap, M4 Stock, NcStar Raised Rail, Red-Dot Sight (NcStar Style), Clicky Pen Mod.
Tippmann Owner #118

#2 User is offline   mothman 

• Mothman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTHMAN

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Ok, here is what ive experienced thus far.
Duracoat Desert Mirageflage Camopak - $34.95- came with four bottles of paint, hardner and thats it.
Then I had to buy
PUREKOAT-P GRAVITY-FEED PAINT SPRAYER SPRAY GUN with PLASTIC CUP! for $20 on ebay.
plus a good role of blue painters tape-$6
Accetone to clean the gun-$6

Thats it so far. I used some air compression at my dads shop so I didn't have to buy a air compressor. You really got to read those directions to the letter. Don't assume you know what your doing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Trust everything it tells you. Cure time may very due to weather so be patient, and don't forget to use hardner like I did. I will show my mistakes soon. But even tho my paint job messed up, I still feel I can make lemonade from my botched job. May cost me alittle more money to fix it, but worth it.

Be ready to take your time with this project. I like doing one thing each day, but directions say not to spread the project out for more than a week. If your going digital, study the patter well. See what you like about it and then try to immulate what you would do with some colored paper or something. You will be suprised how hard a good digtal patter is to do. More soon.

#3 User is offline   davmitchell77 

• juggalo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paintballmagnet

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

do any other companies offer a similar product?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users