• This topic is locked

Product for AGD A window of opportunity for SpecOps

#1 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

SpecOps should make a "blackcell" type body for the automag. Just a composite shell that goes around the steel or ULE bodies would be fine. Making a whole body would be cool too. But the simplest and most profitable (automag owners are starving for new products to fill their growing market) would probably be just a shell type of thing. AGD is selling more than 200 guns a day right now, they had to hire more people to deal with the huge increase in orders. They're out of stock of almost everything. RIGHT NOW is the time for SpecOps to jump into this market, they'll be glad they did.

#2 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

View Postquestionful, on Jun 6 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

SpecOps should make a "blackcell" type body for the automag. Just a composite shell that goes around the steel or ULE bodies would be fine. Making a whole body would be cool too. But the simplest and most profitable (automag owners are starving for new products to fill their growing market) would probably be just a shell type of thing. AGD is selling more than 200 guns a day right now, they had to hire more people to deal with the huge increase in orders. They're out of stock of almost everything. RIGHT NOW is the time for SpecOps to jump into this market, they'll be glad they did.

Sounds like a good idea but you may also want to recommend what types of shrouds the AGD owners want by doing a survey and posting it here.

#3 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

I might do that, thanks for the advice.

#4 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

View Postquestionful, on Jun 6 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

I might do that, thanks for the advice.

Your welcome.

#5 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

i think its a great idea....they would sell really fast i think

#6 User is offline   LcplSchmiz 

• Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LcplSchmiz

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

From my knowledge AGD stopped producing slug bodies and rail. Though they do have the plans available for DL floating around somewhere that show the correct measurements to make your own.

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

View Postquestionful, on Jun 6 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

I have proof. my tac one was put on back order. I talked to a guy named mark. he was a nice guy.
anyways, I think that spec ops can really team up with AGD and create something crazy, heck there is a bunch of us on this forum that are perfectly willing to brainstorm with you.

something as simple as making a barrel with a carbon fiber spiral down the center,

something like creating a 12 gram changer to be placed in the handle/forgrip thing.

as easy as creating a back ward 15-20 round tube facing backwards from the marker. ( longbow loader but oppsite direction ans a little smaller with a quick load cap)

or go all out, creat a body for it including a raised sight rail, a stock adapter with gas through
insdead of adding a shoud, change the body, this will reduce weight a tonn

BTW it could have been a freak chance they had a summer rush. not to bring the blaze of glory down, but lets not get the buggy infront of the horse

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 07 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

#8 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I don't think shrouds would sell well due to the type of people who own Mags. Especially if they were made of anything less than stainless steel or machined aluminum. In order to appeal to the Automag community they'd need to be actual bodies. The quality required to gain AGD's seal of approval (since we're considering this as a joint AGD/SpecOps product they'd need to approve it) would increase the expense considerably, putting it out of the price range for the target individual.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#9 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

I wasn't thinking a joint SO/AGD thing, just a product made for the automag. A composite shell that fit over ULE bodies would be enough. It could have attachment points for metal rails, a stock, and stuff like that, but its main job would just be to look cool. And it wouldn't be that expensive.

#10 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

What's wrong with the tac one body?
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Jun 10 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

What's wrong with the tac one body?

Some people may just want their marker to vary from others or may want something new but keep the same performance.

#12 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

If the bodies could be designed in a way that still allowed easy access of the internals, that would be best. SpecOps's Longbow shroud weighs a ton and you have to take it off if you want to get at the valve and bolt.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#13 User is offline   Sgt. Tapioca 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:45 AM

Why not just add on to the longbow body shroud? They have a start there, but now they should add more tactical accessories for it other than just the sniper rifle.
You've been Tapped.
Sgt. Tapioca

#14 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

View PostSgt. Tapioca, on Jun 12 2008, 08:45 AM, said:

Why not just add on to the longbow body shroud? They have a start there, but now they should add more tactical accessories for it other than just the sniper rifle.

Because the shroud is heavy and in the way. It makes it very difficult to adjust your velocity with the Longbow shroud.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#15 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

I've never seen a longbow shroud in person, but I hate it. It's big, heavy, and the idea is just not very smart. It's for looks only. There are lighter, smaller, more adjustable, cheaper ways to mount a stock.

Just a composite tube that slides over the body would do great. Or, if SpecOps really wants to shine, something more complicated to compete with the new "scenario" mini and marq. The mag would differ from the two in that it's fully mechanical, yet just as fast in semi-only or fields that allow RT.

This post has been edited by questionful: 12 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users