Special Ops Paintball: TechT Vortex Mod, Lightening Rod, and QEPH Review - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TechT Vortex Mod, Lightening Rod, and QEPH Review (Buy them, NOW) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

So, I recently added all three TechT Cyclone mods to my A-5's parts list. Let me just say in short.............buy them.

My setup at the time:

Tippy A-5
A2 Air-Thru Kit
TechT Lightening Rod
TechT Vortex Mod
TechT QEPH (Black)
X-7 Hopper
C-Series 16" w/ Devastator Tip
E-Grip w/ WAS Board
Pure Energy 20 oz CO2

So, I started it off by shooting a hopper full of paint without all three TechT mods installed. It was just your basic A-5 E, nothing fancy. I used CO2 based on the assumption that most A-5 users have CO2 as a power source.

But then, I popped off the cyclone feed, followed the instructions (fairly simple), greased or lubed up the parts, and loaded the marker back up. The next hopper full of paint shot very nicely. With the stock Cyclone, I noticed that the feed skipped a few balls on Burst, Full Auto, and Turbo modes. The TechT mods cut the skipping by at least 75%. I was literally shooting ropes of paint. In burst mode, the marker particularly shined brightly. A nice three-round burst leaving that carbon fiber barrel was a beautiful sight. As for accuracy, there wasn't a noticeable difference. But the marker did seem a bit more efficient.

Basically, these three mods enable E-Grip users to get the most out of their Cyclone feed. You'll notice less skipped balls, and overall faster rates-of-fire. They're great investments.

Thanks,

-Apex
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

#2 User is offline   DFB 

• Future Occupation - Professional Shark Wrestler.
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

Would you recommend the QEPH over the QEV ? I am thinking about the QEPH . ..

-DFB
PBreview I s Y o u r F r i e n d

#3 User is offline   .Zen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:.Zen

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

I've read too many reviews, about this great product, which tell me there's really no reason to wait any longer.

Good write up! I would have liked to hear more about efficiency, as that's a main selling point. I'd also like to know how reliable and efficent all three are with HPA as oppossed to the stock parts. But all in all, you added to my desire for these three products even more.

I wish SpecOps would sell the QEPH. Last time I talked with customer service, during a previous order, I was told SpecOps would not be carrying the QEPH. :rolleyes: Will this change?

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

I have a QEV and it works very well. Bought it before the qeph came out. I had the idea of drilling holes in my cyclone tube like the x7 to get the effect o no pressure in front of the piston. But no one will give me dimensions.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#5 User is offline   .Zen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:.Zen

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

View Postmotoguy1251, on Jul 12 2007, 04:50 PM, said:

I have a QEV and it works very well. Bought it before the qeph came out. I had the idea of drilling holes in my cyclone tube like the x7 to get the effect o no pressure in front of the piston. But no one will give me dimensions.

It's more then just forward exhaust on the QEPH, TechT's takes care of backpressure exhaust too. More efficiency. And I'm sure, since dimensions would require some trial & error, research and technical know-how, that info doesn't come free.

Someone prove me wrong, Murphy's Law and all that.

#6 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:15 AM

View PostDFB, on Jul 12 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

Would you recommend the QEPH over the QEV ? I am thinking about the QEPH . ..

-DFB

Definitely. The QEPH is a much better upgrade, and was designed to work directly with the Vortex and Lightening Rod mods. The QEPH elaborates on the purpose of the QEV, which is to exhaust air faster, enabling faster Cyclone cycle rates, thus increasing ROF.

The QEPH costs a bit more than a QEV, but is well worth the extra dough. The one downside to the QEPH is availability, since it's hardly ever in-stock. I ordered all three parts at once, from TippmannPros, when the QEPH was still backordered. I lucked out, however, as the QEPHs returned to stock the day after I ordered.

If anyone is wondering about the difficulty of installation, it's pretty simple. I do recommend utilizing a clear, flat work space to install the parts, and......do follow the directions.

-Apex

#7 User is offline   horsepaint 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:horsepaint

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

I have all the Techt upgrades and I like them all and would recommend them all! I would like to know what paint you shoot?

#8 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

I shot ProCaps Rec Balls from Draxxus at the time of this review. I really like the paint, however, and I've been using them frequently.

-Apex

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users