• You cannot reply to this topic

SM1 Barrels Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Diveanx 

• Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Diveanx

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:02 PM

Last year was our first year shooting the SM1 barrels. We picked them up as a sponsor after I talked to Luis about it and told him that he should seriouly look into going after the scenario/rec ball market.

He took me up on the idea and decided to sponsor our team. Most of us had shot many different barrels up until then. Most of the guy on our team Shoot either a cocker or a Viking. A couple shoot Tippmanns but we let them play anyway LOL.

Anyway. We were sent the 3 piece SM1 last yeat and simply loved it. It shot great (even with crappy paint) and was quiet. We liked the different inserts because as you travel and get paint from different fields we all know that you never find the same size. They offered many different combo's as far as inserts (kind like the Freak system but you can bend these inserts that easy).

This year Luis contacted me and told me that he had a new barrel out and it was better then the SM1. At first I was like noway. The SM1 was great but he sent me his newest barrel to test out. It is called the SM1 Orbium. You can get it 2 different ways. you can get it like the old SM1 which is a 3 piece with diffferent inserts or you can get it in a 2 piece like the Kaner system.

When I received it I was like damn this thing looks funky. The porting on teh barrel was really different then the norm. I first got to try it out on my Custom Raced Merlin. I had just built this marker and took it to the chrono to set it and when I first shot it I was like wow this thing is really low and then I layed across teh chrono and it was at 282. I said noway this can be so I tried again and I got the same reading.

At that point I decided to rattle off a string and see how it does. I was more worried about my marker at the time but i just couldnt get over how quiet it was. After I shot about half a hopper I tried it again and it was at 283 this time (got to love the AKA consistance).

My jest in this is the new SM1 Orbium is FREAKEN AWESOME. It is very quiet and on those rare occasions that you get a break it cleans in 2 shots max. It is very quiet (to some people that isnt a problem) I like my marker quiet. It can come in handy.

They make these awesome barrels for pretty much any marker. My advice is to at least try them.

you can check these barrels out at www.sm1paintballbarrel.com

This post has been edited by Diveanx: 17 April 2005 - 01:04 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users