• This topic is locked

hurting more Why up the FPS

#46 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

View PostWho me?, on Jul 28 2007, 12:49 PM, said:

But does anyone think that some one could actually rip the shirt of another player? I mean with the marker shooting at 420 FPS.

To answer this Old Post...yes, a Paintball going that fast can Rip a Shirt to Shreds.

#47 User is offline   Blackbeard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BLACKBEARD76

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

The field I regularly got to the Fps is 280, I always set to 270 or so even though I run HPA. The field has a ref with a hand held chrony who does spot checks through out the day. That to me keeps the folks honest, also if they catch you on the field with a wrench or any tool that can adjust velocity your done for the day. Being an older player who has a mortgage and bills to pay, I don't want to get hurt because some idiot wants to feel like a man by hurting someone else.
If I get hurt doing something dumb that's fine it's on me however if your going out of your way to do me wrong then we have issues. That's a big reason why I stay away from outlaw ball. If you have a handheld chrony then all is good, and there's no reason why a group of 5 or ten guys can't chip in ten or twenty bucks to get one. Sorry I was so long winded, just this kinda stuff TINKLEes me off.
Thanks Blackbeard
Keeping it gangsta since 1718

#48 User is offline   Aim for the trash 

• Not my name?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

I got shot twice from a dude shooting 345 on an outlaw field. Hurt worse than point blank. Amazingly, the paintballs didn't break, so I shot him out with my sniper. Totally worth it.
You have failed as a paintballer.
Special Ops Feedback M. Carter Brown feedback
Dirty quotes get you warned. Dang it Mike.

#49 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:57 AM

This goes along the same lines as the people who freeze their balls. Why would anyone do this?

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#50 User is offline   MidnightShadows 

• I am wery wery sneaky sir!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MIDNIGHT SHADOWS

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

OK this is an old thread, but I felt like pointing this out...

MOST of the people I play with are my friends. People I like and hang out with. Those who aren't my friends, well, if your into paintball, then I'd still like to get along with you. This is the whole reason anyone plays ANY sport on a recreational level! To have fun, and hang out with people who enjoy the same sport.

Why then, would anyone want to shoot to cause pain? What is the point? The moment someone gets hurt, you're going to get kicked from the field anyway. Not only that, but the field I enjoy perminantly BANS people for shooting over 300fps, and then reports them to the police (local bylaw forbids a paintball gun in my area to be chrono'd at anything more than 310). Apparently the fine for shooting someone (or so I am told) with a gun that is cranked, is something like $900.

This is damaging to the sport... and being relatively new and rather enthusiastic about playing, I am all about safety and encouraging more people to join me in playing the game (I've recruited a bunch of friends)... but people doing things like this... it's just stupid.

This post has been edited by MidnightShadows: 16 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

#51 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:25 AM

I'd just like to add my 2 cents to this, since this thread is back.

I've personally found that, between 280 and 300 FPS, the pain level increases quite dramatically. You literally go from a moderate splat to something that regularly causes blood welts, nerve strikes (which can briefly paralyze a limb) and bleeding. It's not a good thing at all. Generally speaking, it's best if you keep your velocity below 285. Any more than that, and someone is going to receive a very unpleassant hit. You will gain no measurable performance above 280, and anything more just serves to make the game less fun.

You may have seen the saying in a couple of peoples' sigs: "If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have FAILED as a paintballer." I wrote that line, about a year ago, and had it in my sig for a long time. It takes aim directly at those who play with hot guns (or simply set the limit too high) and those who abuse their firepower. You don't want to ruin someone's day because you decided on a FPS limit that makes unpleasant hits the norm. Keep it below 285, and keep it safe and fun.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#52 User is offline   JackInABox 

• IT'S [JACK] HAMMA TIME
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gen0cide

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

If only that quote was as well known as "Your mom" jokes or "Holy ___ Batman" comments.

Personally me and my friends don't have a chrony for our private field.. But if someone looks like their shooting too fast or it hurts a little too much, we just ask them to turn it down and we will, since we live in a small town and we all agree.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

#53 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

On our outlaw field If we catch someone shooting hot its a disaster for them, They are given a mask and everyone turns there guns to 325 fps he gets 5 seconds to run then we open up on him while chasing him until we all shoot 100 rds, one time is all it takes when that happens. were kinda stern on kids who do that ( happened to me with my spyder that sucked now)
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#54 User is offline   infinital 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:infinital

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

At the good local field the max chrono is 280 and ideally everyone is shooting that... But you get noobs out there who want to shoot 300 and they do it anyway, as the refs are usually reffing, we are allowed to chrono with noone around. I myself, I shoot at 250. Lower velocities= more accuracy due to less air resistance etc on the ball. I'm willing to forgo the range, because if I get shot, I don't want it to hurt, and I don't want it to hurt someone else as well.

#55 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

This thread's been necroed twice. I think it's hit its survival limit.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users