• You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops 4+1 Pod Belt Excellent bargain

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

I bought this to replace my old Proline 4+1 Harness. The Proline harness has a defective belt buckle that means it will come apart if you just look at it wrong (I wish I was exaggerating). First thing I noticed was the price: normal harnesses cost $30, while the Spec Ops harness costs $15. Once I got it, I was thoroughly impressed.

The fabric is very durable, so you won't be ripping it. The velcro is also extremely strong. The first thing I checked, though, was the belt buckle. I gave it a few good tugs and was not able to dislodge it, indicating it's just as strong as the rest of the pack. The pack is extremely lightweight and comfortable, and the pods wrap around to your sides for easy access; you can pull a pod as easily as pulling a pistol from a holster. I checked the tank pouch and discovered it is lined with some soft, padded material, so it will not scratch your tank. In all, this is an excellent harness, and I have found no flaws so far. It is extremely well-made, and you will be in good hands if you purchase one.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   bryguy27007 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Taste_The_Rainbow

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Are you talking about this one?

or this one?
Farmland Paintball Club, Honor~~Integrity~~Community
ZombieAtak - Maybe he was mad because my gun cost less than that case of paint he just shot at me, and I still got him out.
Aqua_scummm- Oh crap I was so tired last night I forgot to say "Pics or die", so Pics or die.
Legato- To quote Vanilla Ice, "Word to Your Mother".
Commando Kyle- Ugh. I showed up Sunday, and heard tales of "The Pump Group" that was there the day before. You guys made a hell of an impression on the refs... Who was using markers/lipstick knives?

#3 User is offline   THE BEE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:50 PM

yeah same question and does it hold a 20 oz co2 tank

This post has been edited by THE BEE: 31 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

#4 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

They're the same packs, just in different colors. Mine is Woodland. Yes, it will hold a 20 Oz CO2. It holds my 16 Oz CO2 just fine with lots of room to spare.

This post has been edited by PhoenixWolf: 31 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#5 User is offline   THE BEE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

just got my Special Ops 4+1 pack. i have yet play with it but i agree with PhoenixWolf. it feels durable, and for a good price. as for holding a 20 oz tank it will hold it in terms of diameter, however the straps aren't long enough @2 " too short. i plan on getting a small peice of velcro and sewing them together backwards to make up for the gap.

This post has been edited by THE BEE: 21 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

Update: This is now labeled as the GenX 4+1 Harness in the store.

I have determined the pack is capable of holding a PMI 72/3000 HPA tank. It will fit in the pouch snugly, but the velcro straps will not fit over it normally. However, simply tightly placing them around the sides is sufficient to hold it tight. It takes significant effort to remove the HPA tank from the pouch with the adjuster strap slightly tightened, and it is definitely NOT going anywhere. It won't come out in combat no matter what you do. I have even held the pack upside down and shook it. It stayed in the pouch.

This post has been edited by PhoenixWolf: 08 December 2005 - 12:24 AM

#7 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

If its the one I am thinking of I have it also, I like it enough but it keeps sliding down, I tighten it and it keeps sliding down. But its an okay harness, I want to get "suspenders" for it that go around my shoulders, that way it stays up. If you know where I can get those PM me or lemme know in this thread.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

Some people are reporting issues with this pod pack loosening and sliding down under heavy load, so I will repost a 10 cent permanent fix from another thread:

I know how to fix it, and it's so simple you're going to bang your head when you hear it. This pod pack's only weakness is the adjustment buckle tends to slide and loosen the pack while you're wearing it, causing it to slide down. The loosening is subtle, so you may not even realize it's loosened and just think it slides easily. That said, there's a very easy permanent fix that takes 2 minutes or less:

First tighten it as far as it needs to go to stay on snugly. Now take it off. Get 2 safety pins. Push them through the straps as they go through the adjuster buckle such that the safety pin goes through both straps, and the safety pin straddles the top of the adjuster buckle. Place one on top, one on the bottom. Boom, you're done. The straps now cannot move in relation to each other, and the adjuster buckle cannot move either.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users