Special Ops Paintball: primary pistol pack with dual holsters - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

primary pistol pack with dual holsters

#1 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

So I wasn't aware that the p3 wrapped all the way around the body and had a dump pouch on it until I watched fears video review. I have been looking at several options to make the most of me running dual T8's as my primaries. I need something to keep my mags off my legs as well as a pistol when I reload. I would like to replace the dump pouch with dual holsters if possible. Also I run with 2 mag extensions and need a holder to put them in when empty also on the P3. What can u guys come up with?
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

I have a P3 pack, and you really don't want the holsters on the front. The holstered pistols would be REALLY uncomfortable.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

^^this^^
The production version of the P3 pack has a space at each hip with a 2" web belt with snap catches. You can attach your holsters there or ask them to build them in. As for the extended mags maybe have them extend the bottom back edge and run them horizontally with one opening toward each side? Also the dump pouch does not come with it. Instead the front has a Molle point about 6 straps wide by 4 loops tall I think, its packed or I'd double check for you. As for customizing it give them a call during open hours, there's very little they can't do!

This post has been edited by archanglmikel: 04 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#4 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

P3 plus shouldr harness thing SO has.

one pistol, mags in pack and one pistol, mags on shoulder harness system thinky
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#5 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the replies and info guys. I must have missed that it now has molle setup on the front instead of the dump pouch. I only want a holster on the front so I had a easy place to put a pistol real quick like when I needed to reload. I may just have to order it and determine if I want it modified and then go from there.
My Feedback

#6 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• PipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 04 October 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

I have these exact pieces and I will warn you, unless your exactly the right waist size and a little on the tall side, don't try to run M.S.H. through the D rings of the P3 pack. Just run it to your belt underneath the pack. The shoulder rig mag pouches should be ordered to open any way but down as the P3 pack can ride close to the opening point and slow you down. I Might also say that the shoulder harness holster rides a little off balance. In mine the center of gravity of my pistol is behind both straps instead of between them like it needs to be. This puts all the weight on one strap and makes it slosh around a bit. I run a TPX though and your T8's may balance more forward, but with the long mags I doubt it.

Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 04 October 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

You mean something like thiiiiis?
Posted Image

I'm 6'2", 215ish, and I'd say if you're smaller than me then yeah, the D rings are a little high for the MSH belt loops. I have a lot of extra strap hanging off on mine in the picture (trimmed it up later).

This post has been edited by Pirate: 04 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#8 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• PipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

I'm 5'11" and around 175, and I couldn't pull it off. Like the color Pirate, its darker than I had imagined. Glad to see you followed though with the arm guards. I remember your reaction when I posted pis of mine. How did the weight issue work out with T8 mags? I remember you tried to tape some on and mop or something household, just to get a feel for it.

#9 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

That's a bad ass lookin set up Pirate. I have an ACU leg holster for my pistol, but the velcro doesn't seem to secure it as much. I couldn't run a holster like that tho, cause I run a Scout vest. Plus there is something so flippin sweet about black and purple! xD

This post has been edited by Domi-Nate: 05 October 2010 - 05:49 AM

#10 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

Agreed - Pirate, that does look great man. Can't believe you got it in Purple!?! ;)

@alittletippy - I had a discussion w/ Jackson, who helped design the P3, about adding a sleeve behind the dump pouch to hold a pistol: LINK. I didn't imagine it as being used in game to hold the pistol while playing, but rather as a place for it to be stored in between games, or on the way to the deadbox when not using the pistol. But the sleeve certainly could be used as temporary place to hold your second pistol while you reloaded. It might be worth you discussing it w/ MO.

This post has been edited by ger: 05 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostPirate, on 04 October 2010 - 11:00 PM, said:

purple and sweat pants.
you sir, know how to live.

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

View PostEskimo, on 05 October 2010 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostPirate, on 04 October 2010 - 11:00 PM, said:

purple and sweat pants and aviators in the bathroom.
you sir, know how to live.

fixed
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#13 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

alright i went ahead and ordered just a regular p3 for now. as long as i like it i may see about having modifications done to it, but prob wont need to. so for those using the P3 whats your overall opinion of it? any movement issues when hauling ass when fully loaded? does it hender any of your movements? questions i should have asked before i ordered it i guess, oh well.
My Feedback

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

View Postarchanglmikel, on 04 October 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

I'm 5'11" and around 175, and I couldn't pull it off. Like the color Pirate, its darker than I had imagined. Glad to see you followed though with the arm guards. I remember your reaction when I posted pis of mine. How did the weight issue work out with T8 mags? I remember you tried to tape some on and mop or something household, just to get a feel for it.

I have to tape them on so they don't move as much (you can see the tape). Otherwise, they'd fall off.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users