• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Follow and read about the entire project here:

http://forum.special...=0#entry2534861

Final assembly:

Here she is all assembled,not leaking and functioning as if it were new from the factory.

First off I would like to thank John (DUCE on MCB),for giving me the HONOR and allowing me to put SPC Jimenez's name on this Gun Project.

Thank You to Eric (Paintballer187 on MCB) for doing the great job of Lazer Engraving on the regulator and for the quick turn around.

This was a special project for me. This is something I have always Believed in. It is something I have always held Dear in my Heart.

This Country and it's People should never forget those who have not returned home,Who are/were missing but are now home, Killed in Action and those who will never return.

Even though I never knew them,they are still my Brothers. They will always be family and will always be in my prayers till I die. I'm not sure what sadness many feel, but the sadness I feel is heavy in my Heart. These individuals have been and given the Ultimate Sacrifice for this Country and for other Countries.

When they were called, they went with little complaint if any. Fought for the Freedom of others and helped to keep the enemy from shores. They were Fathers,Sons,Husbands, and Lovers to many. Many will never feel that touch again. So when you hug you Children, Spouse and Family, remember you are able to do that because of those who can't.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As with all things Military,there is always a story that represents things.

The Lite Grey Body repesents the haze of smoke from Battles past and present.

The Barb Wire represents those that are held captive and have not yet returned home to us.

The Black represents those confined and those who may or will never see the light of day.

The Red represents the blood of those who have given the Ultimate Sacrifice for our great nation and it's people.

The US Army repesents just one branch that many of us have served in and fought along many we never knew, but call Our Brothers in Arms, and would give our life for them if need be.

The Soldier's name is that of one who was taken from us. He represents not one,but many who have been taken from us.The name is printed to the left side of the regulator so that individual and others will always be held close to my Heart and protected with my hand (or others),so they may never be hurt again.

The Grips are a reminder so that ALL OF US never forget those who have SACRIFICED for this Great Nation.

Later,
Blackrain

This post has been edited by blackrain: 06 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Awesome. A lot of thought, and excellent to see how it came out. It all came together very well.

This post has been edited by shadow_772: 08 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

#3 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Awesome job! I love to see people do things that really shows appreciation for our armed forces. Great job
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Very cool symbolism, very cool job on it...I like it a lot! Keep up the good work
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#5 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

I am in love. Are you actually going to play with that or encase it in a glass box? lol
2 Samuel 22

#6 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 08 January 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

I am in love. Are you actually going to play with that or encase it in a glass box? lol

This is an everyday player. It's part of Team line up for the 2011 season.
Later,
Blackrain

#7 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

View Postblackrain, on 09 January 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

This is an everyday player. It's part of Team line up for the 2011 season.
Later,
Blackrain

be careful! lol
2 Samuel 22

#8 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Thats a beautiful gun. The fact that it has so much symbolism makes it even more amazing.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#9 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Thanks to all. This will be making it's first appearance at Black Hawk Down in Oregon.It's a Dan Bonebrake event. One day scenario. I'm going to put some paint thru it this week and tweek the reg.

Later,
Blackrain :)

#10 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Wow that is so awesome. I do like how the vert reg looks like the black bracelet that we use when we have MIA/KIA. I always wear mine since my cousin was killed in Iraq during the same time I was there. But It's a great way to remember the fallen and the missing. Colors looks great and the barb wire came out really good. I think that it's a great way to remember the people who haven't come back and those who won't.

I personally seen too many draped caskets on my many trips to the sand box and think that many people don't realize what kind of sacrifice we give to keep our country safe. This is a great way to have people ask about the history of the marker and it's purpose. The same way I get to keep my cousins memory alive every time somebody ask about my KIA bracelets.

Good job!

''Fulfill their Trust''
If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#11 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostGUNFU, on 30 January 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

Wow that is so awesome. I do like how the vert reg looks like the black bracelet that we use when we have MIA/KIA. I always wear mine since my cousin was killed in Iraq during the same time I was there. But It's a great way to remember the fallen and the missing. Colors looks great and the barb wire came out really good. I think that it's a great way to remember the people who haven't come back and those who won't.

I personally seen too many draped caskets on my many trips to the sand box and think that many people don't realize what kind of sacrifice we give to keep our country safe. This is a great way to have people ask about the history of the marker and it's purpose. The same way I get to keep my cousins memory alive every time somebody ask about my KIA bracelets.

Good job!

''Fulfill their Trust''

From Soldier to Soldier, thank you. I didn't make this to be different,I made this so know one ever forgets. The Soldier on the regulator did come home,I just didn't want to put "KIA",because it hurt to much. So I had it engraved just how it was sent to me. Once again thank you.

Thanks,
Blackrain:)

#12 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

From Soldier to Soldier, thank you. I didn't make this to be different,I made this so know one ever forgets. The Soldier on the regulator did come home,I just didn't want to put "KIA",because it hurt to much. So I had it engraved just how it was sent to me. Once again thank you.

Thanks,

If it's engraved or not it's what's left in our hearts and minds that counts. But to have such a visual is so much stronger than words alone. So I commend you on your idea and how you chose to spread the word of a fellow soldier. Whether it's purple heart, MIA or KIA they all have the same rights to be remembered as the ultimate sacrifice and heroes. By the marker you have made it just makes people more aware of this fact. Spreading the word is the only way we keep their sacrifices alive and not just another page forgotten by history.

I in turn thank you.

This post has been edited by GUNFU: 31 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#13 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Well from a person who never had the chance to serve and just watched his son leave for boot...I thank you both for your service.

blackrain, I know you have heard this but it looks great. Your work in documenting the process will help other in the future of our forums so thanks for taking the time for those kids out there with big ideas and smal budgets.

I will get a chance to put my eyes on it at Supergame good sir!

#14 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 01 February 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

Well from a person who never had the chance to serve and just watched his son leave for boot...I thank you both for your service.

blackrain, I know you have heard this but it looks great. Your work in documenting the process will help other in the future of our forums so thanks for taking the time for those kids out there with big ideas and smal budgets.

I will get a chance to put my eyes on it at Supergame good sir!

You are quite welcome. I hope your Son does well in boot camp. Just look me up at SG41. Look for my Banner. I probably post a link to where this is all documented at. I'll help anyone that will to learn and wants the help.

Later,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users