• You cannot reply to this topic

Need some input Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Morden79

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

So NinjaoftheNight is making an inevitable return to the world of paintball. Some of you might remember me, many of you probably joined long after I dropped off the face of the paintballing planet (and I would love to meet you all as well). Right now I am in dream stage, I need to actually get back to playing here fast, which unfortunately requires money that I don't have, but plan to get (somehow).

Anyhow, I have always dreamed of a very nice and lightweight "sniper" marker. Don't shoot me for those words, I'm not a "sniper" kiddie, I fully understand the mechanics and physics of a paintball marker and how pretty much every marker shoots the same distance (unless you are using First Strike paint, which I may plan for in the future, but have no need for right now).

That being said, I am also looking for a reliable sidearm for when I am not trying to ambush snipe. I haven't looked at paintball tech in a LONG time, but when I first did last night, one big thing caught my attention. The T9 Longbow (fully assembled). This marker looks fantastic. The longbow mag system coupled with the mag of a pistol (as the T9 is the base marker), built on longbow stock (one of my favorite stocks Spec Ops has to offer), all running off of 12gram CO2 (the lightest tanks available to man kind, not to mention they don't take up any extra space in the T9 magazine). I saw this product and was like WOWZA. I have always hated the idea of a "sniper" marker being tied to your body by a remote line, it just doesn't seem logical. If I want to crawl around or sneak around, that remote is just going to get in the way, and its absolutely unnecessary to have a huge tank on your back when you only plan to fire 40-50 rounds in a game at most. Having an air system within the marker, and no hopper on top (as Longbow has always been) would be a blessing for anybody wanting to ambush snipe.

Here is where the problem comes in, I am a skeptical person. I need to know a LOT about the product and its possible upgrades before I ever make a decision to buy a marker (as was with my first real marker, my A-5, and my second being my Tac-One). Now I know I could make my Tac-One into some sort of Longbow, but it would probably cost me about as much money to get that set up as it would to just buy a T9 longbow. Honestly I really want to turn my Tac-One into a Q-loaded warpfeed body masterpiece, but that will all come in time.

What I really want to know is, how reliable is the T9 base marker? It looks pretty solid and I have heard good things, but will the full get up provide consistent shots? Is the T9 a marker that isn't going to eff up on me in the middle of a game? This thing only has a few aftermarket barrel options, are they any good? How quiet can this thing become? I highly doubt it will ever touch my Tac-One with Deadlywind CF barrel, will it?

Speedball + Woodsball = True Paintball. Let us all support paintball unity!
Automaggot #5 All about Automags

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

Tiberious arms markers are very nice, i owned 2 T8's, then later a T9. Quiet, Accurate, efiiciant, light weight...all a must for me.

But you have a Tac one..and a T9 would probably be a down grade..
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jun 4 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

But you have a Tac one..and a T9 would probably be a down grade..

Agreed. You already have a fine blow Forward designed marker. Why bother replacing it? Branch out to something new. Go electro, or go pump (who didn't think i'd say that??), or try an ATS if you want real milsim look alike (30 round clip fed marker). Personally i am a pump guy, all my markers but one are pumps. They just make the game fun for me.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

Sorry if this ends up looking goofy, this is one of three forums that like my Blackberry.

Anyhow, I can see you haven't changed much Reaper, lawl, cept I see your a mod now. Grats. I honestly would LOVE to play stock class, but nobody plays it by me. A bunch of Speedball kids for the most part, and some woodsballers.

The reason I have always liked the longbow (mag, ion, and T9) was for its low profile and half decent ammo. Its like playing pump, but with semi-auto for any firefights. With the T9 it would be even more like a pump since you would never see the air supply (as many pumps also run 12grams). I have also always loved the idea of having a clear top on my marker. Unfortunately I would have to get a warp tac body and Q-loader to achieve that with my Mag. I really want to play with a sight, I have always been a fan of sights, just never had a marker that ran one well.

Also, I don't know where this replacing my mag thing came from. That's one aweful gesture, my mag is my Baby. You should remember that one Lagato. When I would play a standard role in woodsball, one that wouldn't mind me carrying a little gear, I would probably be using my Tac with T9 broken down to pistol for sidearm.

Nothing will ever replace my mag, but I am a gun whore, I surely wouldn't mind some options. Buying a T9 Longbow could provide me a few things from what I see. Its a sidearm, its a fairly nice and light sniper marker, and if I get really bored I can break it down and pistol snipe. I love blow forward markers, just knowing that makes this think even more sexy. This would just add a second blow forward to my collection.

And BTW, case anybody forgot I despise electros. Waste of time and cash if you ask me. Only one I woulda ever bought was an E-Mag for that beta board stuff Tyger had made for him.

Sorry if this ends up looking goofy, this is one of three forums that like my Blackberry.

Anyhow, I can see you haven't changed much Reaper, lawl, cept I see your a mod now. Grats. I honestly would LOVE to play stock class, but nobody plays it by me. A bunch of Speedball kids for the most part, and some woodsballers.

The reason I have always liked the longbow (mag, ion, and T9) was for its low profile and half decent ammo. Its like playing pump, but with semi-auto for any firefights. With the T9 it would be even more like a pump since you would never see the air supply (as many pumps also run 12grams). I have also always loved the idea of having a clear top on my marker. Unfortunately I would have to get a warp tac body and Q-loader to achieve that with my Mag. I really want to play with a sight, I have always been a fan of sights, just never had a marker that ran one well.

Also, I don't know where this replacing my mag thing came from. That's one aweful gesture, my mag is my Baby. You should remember that one Lagato. When I would play a standard role in woodsball, one that wouldn't mind me carrying a little gear, I would probably be using my Tac with T9 broken down to pistol for sidearm.

Nothing will ever replace my mag, but I am a gun whore, I surely wouldn't mind some options. Buying a T9 Longbow could provide me a few things from what I see. Its a sidearm, its a fairly nice and light sniper marker, and if I get really bored I can break it down and pistol snipe. I love blow forward markers, just knowing that makes this think even more sexy. This would just add a second blow forward to my collection.

And BTW, case anybody forgot I despise electros. Waste of time and cash if you ask me. Only one I woulda ever bought was an E-Mag for that beta board stuff Tyger had made for him.

#5 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKC 1.5

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

Huh, despise is a little harsh if you ask me.
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#6 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

yeah for realz
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Nah, despise just about sums it up. The only thing an electric really provides for me is rapid fire, something I don't tend to rely on too heavily. Not much of a speedballer, and in woodsball heavy cover isn't my thing. I can get plenty BPS manually to lay cover, and I don't like to rely on volume for accuracy.

Unless electrics are providing homing capabilities now, and if that's the case mybe this isn't my game anymore afterall XD

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 05 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

#8 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

you must have no self control...i play only electric and i one ball it when i play againts new guys and such, its just nice to have the option of really flinging paint when needed..like at tournys and stuff.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

Oookay... That was stereotyping to the max, haha. Well, just stick with your Tac One and buy a side arm.
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

View PostSKC, on Jun 5 2009, 08:42 AM, said:

Oookay... That was stereotyping to the max, haha. Well, just stick with your Tac One and buy a side arm.

no need for a side arm when you have a Tac one omi.. i just say buy used ups for your tac and stick with it, its the best woodsball marker out there.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jun 5 2009, 06:44 AM, said:

View PostSKC, on Jun 5 2009, 08:42 AM, said:

no need for a side arm when you have a Tac one omi.. i just say buy used ups for your tac and stick with it, its the best woodsball marker out there

Idk, I always carried around a sidearm for a longer woodsball game, but that's just me. :P
I proudly endorse:

U.S. Navy AIRR

#12 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

What can I say, I really don't like electros. I have always been a mech guy, hense
why my first marker after my A-5 was indeed my Automag.

Don't get me wrong, lots of people love electros, I am not one to hate. I just don't personally see the need to play off of volume. Its never been my style, I prefer to rely on movement and accuracy, or heck just plain stealth. Maybe this is why nobody haad ever seen me on an inflatable field?

I'm not that biased, I just have a personal preference that tends to save me tons of cash on paint and air...

And you are absolutely right, I have little control. That's why Istart my games by yelling "Let It Rip!". There is a difference between no control for an electro and no need/desire, and I really don't think you know me welll enough to determine that. No offense taken, but gee people still like to jump the gun a little I see.

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 05 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

#13 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

View PostNinjaoftheNight79, on Jun 5 2009, 06:54 AM, said:

What can I say, I really don't like electros. I have always been a mech guy, hense
why my first marker after my A-5 was indeed my Automag.

Don't get me wrong, lots of people love electros, I am not one to hate. I just don't personally see the need to play off of valume. Its never been my style, I prefer to rely on movement and accuracy, or heck just plain stealth. Maybe this is why nobody haad ever seen me on an inflatable field?

I'm not that biased, I just have a personal preferance that tends to save me tons of cash on paint and air...

And you are absolutely right, I have little control. That's why Istart my games by yelling "Let It Rip!". There is a difference between no control for an electro and no need/desire, and I really don't think you know me welll enough to determine that. No offense taken, but gee people still like to jump the gun a little I see.

We were not jumping the gun, haha.
I proudly endorse:

U.S. Navy AIRR

#14 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

Its all good, I just know there has been a lot of hating on these forums in the past over what people prefer to play with XD. Back in the day you almost had to fight to get some "paint slinging noobert" to accept you for using a mech gun. They seemed to think if it wasn't electro, it just wasn't good enough and I find that kinda funny.

In all honestly I could probably rig a mag to shoot faster than most electros if I had the right input pressure, I have seen some interesting vids on that stuff. Only problem is good luck loading it, a Q loader would be about the only thing to do it XD. After that, good luck getting any field to allow it, rofl.

I do see a point in not really needing a side arm, its just an option honestly. I want to rig my Tac-One up Warp-Left and Q loaded with a Longbow air through stock, but I really just can't imagine having much ease of mobility with a cord connected to me as a sniper. Sure if I were someone trying to stick to a path or half open space, but I want the ability to go anywhere. I want the ability to set my marker down if need be.

For example, lets say I am walking out in a ghillie suit and I find a perfect place to blend in with a little work. I set my marker down and cover myself with some brush and viola, instant camo. With a cord connected to a tank on my back, not only will I have a hard time setting my marker down allowing me free hands, I would have this big tank strapped to my back. Just needing to rig a tank to my back could hurt my camo, and provide something else a person could look for when trying to tell a bush from a potential opponent.

That Tac of mine is a beast of a marker, set up correctly it would be a great marker for many situations (woodsball and speedball alike, though with lower rate of fire). With what I already have, a new tank, a q loader, and the warp rig + body I could have a lean, mean, view over the top through the sight machine. I always have hated that big hopper feed on my Tac-One, it gets in the way of the front rails, where I would really love to put a laser sight of some kind. It just doesnt feel the same to me on a slanted side rail, as I am ambidextrous. I like my ability to shoot left or right handed, and I don't want that to be hindered by sight placement. Not to mention I hate big hoppers anyway, they are just another thing to hit. I'm going to work on getting that rig set up as well once I get some cash, but I can hold off on that for a while if it means adding another very beautiful marker to my collection.

#15 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

A guy I know at the field uses a Q-loader and he loves it.

I AM
Posted Image

Had too...

"I prefer to rely on movement and accuracy, or heck just plain stealth."
With that said by you,
I second Legato, try pump. You may come to find out that you like it. That exactly what you have to do.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users