Special Ops Paintball: Rec-ball - woodsball field rules - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rec-ball - woodsball field rules RULES (and radicals)THAT IRRITATE YOU MOST Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

one thing I truly hate, is dumb break's counting as a kill, for example, If I get clipped on the ankle and I get called out, that's crap. The way our field play's is center mass or head shot. arms, legs, gun, pods, ect, don't count as kills... Also, bunker tag is crap. Just my opinion. Good idea and practice for safety, but still crap. What good is a bunker if I can't be protected ON THE OTHER SIDE OF IT from someone's HAND slapping it? get your butt in here and shoot me. BRING IT!!! I've been bunker tagged only once, but still frustrates me. I usually do what Pirate does, flank and shoot through the door... Take a paintball for the game. What fun is the game if I go home with no awards (bruises/welts) and say I got out 5 times or whatever?

#17 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostMejorQueNada, on 11 April 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

we play by bunker tag... if you smack a bunker and yell "bunker tag" everyone inside the bunker is out, and you're still alive and kickin'. It doesn't sound like the same thing as "safety kill". It tries to offset some of the advantages of having a bunker and promotes some more aggressive tactics.

Bunker tag ????what kind of sissy paintball is that?Never heard of it.If the defenders of the castle don't want shot out let them put their markers up,call themselves out and come out.We have literally chased one another around bunkers to get an angle to shoot each other out.We ask first thing in the day who is Not going to surrender,and make everyone take note.Everyone else is to recieve quarter consideration.Sometimes the loser shoots you anyhow when you give them consideration.Consideration and respect for others need to be taught at your field,and it will fall into place.If you fly around a bunker and face to face someone you are both going to shoot more than likely What can you do?Its paintball,(its not for sissies,sorry.)People can put their guns up,call themselves out ,and come out.

This post has been edited by chasbronson: 12 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

#18 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Good responses,and valid points,but some people are holding back here.Everybody fess up, we can take it.(even though some may moan and groan).Things won't change unless each others know about it.FESS UP YOU'LL FEEL BETTER.
I hate it when there is a group of people(supposedly together) and 65% show up on time,and 10% show up 2 minutes after you just went through the safety orientation,field rules,chrono checks and just started picking teams,and of course 15% ,or more don't show up at all after you got rentals and all ready just for them, and they hold everyone else up.There I feel better.

#19 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

That was only 90%........Posted Image

Anyway, Yes, those bunker tag rules, while i agree they are good for safety, should be optional. I shouldn't be forced to be out if someone hits the bunker from the other side (which perhaps might be a wall that is impossible to see the other side of) with their hand, simply because there is 3 people out of 20 afraid of getting hit up close. It should be a players call BEFORE the game as to whether certain rules like that are used (which most times it is, but other times not).
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#20 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 12 April 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

That was only 90%........Posted Image

Anyway, Yes, those bunker tag rules, while i agree they are good for safety, should be optional. I shouldn't be forced to be out if someone hits the bunker from the other side (which perhaps might be a wall that is impossible to see the other side of) with their hand, simply because there is 3 people out of 20 afraid of getting hit up close. It should be a players call BEFORE the game as to whether certain rules like that are used (which most times it is, but other times not).

Who knows what happens to the other 10%? lol.I started with thinking 75% shows up after I had written I thought no,its more like 65%.Forgot to count the 10% to somewhere,but you usually can't in reality.Thanks.

#21 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'd prefer to just be asked to set my gun to a lower velocity than have to mess with fancy bunker tag rules. Luckily the field near me has a fire at will policy. Since everyone has to shoot less than 280 and I tend to shoot around 260-275 the paintballs are definitely going slow enough even if fired at a distance of 5 feet.

#22 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

A ball going 270 fps at 5 feet is going to be doing roughly about 184mph when it hits you. Even for as light as they can be (ball < 3.5g), that's still gonna be a decent bit of smack at that short distance. That's usually why indoor fields chrono down alot farther than outdoors.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#23 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostWoodbender, on 14 April 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

I'd prefer to just be asked to set my gun to a lower velocity than have to mess with fancy bunker tag rules. Luckily the field near me has a fire at will policy. Since everyone has to shoot less than 280 and I tend to shoot around 260-275 the paintballs are definitely going slow enough even if fired at a distance of 5 feet.

We have a "fire at Will policy too, but he only shows up once a month or so.

#24 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 14 April 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

A ball going 270 fps at 5 feet is going to be doing roughly about 184mph when it hits you. Even for as light as they can be (ball < 3.5g), that's still gonna be a decent bit of smack at that short distance. That's usually why indoor fields chrono down alot farther than outdoors.

Yeah 275 still hurts at 5 feet even 25 feet,or 50 feet,but not like 295 fps.We are down to 275 no spikes over 285.Either suit up ,or no whining.We would go 265 for kids,but the balls don't break at decent range.

#25 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostPirate, on 11 April 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

I'm with Stuntman. My local field has the 'Safety Kill' rule. It's to keep younger/newer kids from taking that point blank shot and not wanting to come back, sure.
However the rule is that if more than two people are behind a bunker, you only take out two of them, and you yourself are also out. There are more than a few "bunkers" on our field that end up with 5 or 6 people behind them, especially toward the end of the game if your team is pushing.

It also creates less movement. Having to run up to the bunker, yell out 'Safety Kill' (you have to have a clear shot on the person for it to count, an area of many arguments), then duck back. Most of the time, it gets you shot too. I've just gotten in to the habit of running 15-20 feet to the side of the occupied bunker, to a different bunker (or going to one passed it), and turning and shooting however many people are in it. I don't break the minimum shooting distance (another safety/newbie friendly rule), but I don't have to stop and probably get shot myself.

The field in question has it so that basically if 2 players get within 15 ft of each other, the first one to shout "surrender" eliminates the other. So really, all you have to to do is hide in the bushes & shout at anyone who walks past you.
The problem is, that its a fairly small field so the "lines" between teams can be pretty tight. Theoretically, you could wipe out half the opposition without firing a shot.

I prefer a mandatory offer to surrender when you have a clear shot within a certain range. That offer may...or may not...be accepted. But you should have to have a clear shot IMO or its just pointless.
I'll still go for the barrel tag when possible...

#26 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

View Postchasbronson, on 14 April 2011 - 11:53 PM, said:

We have a "fire at Will policy too, but he only shows up once a month or so.

Brilliant :tup:

On topic, sort of...
  • Someone else mentioned it but I'll reinforce: Refs. The worst games I ever played were because the refs were horrible. You can have a great group of players but if the refs are idiots the games will suffer. You can have a horrible group of players but great refs & games can work fine. Disclaimer: If I'm not mistaken you have a family run field so I'm not insulting your family, lol.
  • Along w/ the refs being on top of things is safety. If you have younger kids coming to play, their parents need to know they aren't going to lose an eye while playing paintball. Our field has a rule that is very strictly enforced regarding barrel bags - anytime a mask is off the bag better be on. The phrase "socks and safties!" is yelled out by every ref & many players at the end of game horn. Players inevitably walk around w/ their bbd in their pocket & they are quickly reminded to use it.

So in my mind as a player, my biggest pet peeves have been poor safety & the poor refs who don't do their jobs.

As far as actual field rules...
  • I was at this one place once that had a paint check rule. It's intent was certainly to protect players from getting overshot but it was poorly executed. Case in point: We were playing a capture the flag game w/ about 20 on 20. I had worked my way up the field thru some underbrush & found three guys hiding behind a fallen tree on the other side of a creek defending their flags left flank. I got myself in a position about 50' away to take out all three so I fired maybe only 4-5 shots & a ref watching the situation threw his hands up & ran in to do a paint check. I had hit only 2 of them so after a short exchange I eliminated the third. I get he wanted to protect them from getting lit up but he basically stopped me from firing before the balls even hit them.
  • This same place allowed blind-firing. So on one hand they were overprotective of players getting overshot, but allowed anyone to "fire at will" around a corner not knowing if or how much they were hitting someone which could mean that the other player is being overshot. Logical? Not really.

So in my mind as a player, my least favorite rules have been a poor paint check rule & blind-firing allowed.

Side note: The bunker rule at our field is pretty liberal, you can yell "bunker" to a player but it's their option if they want to take it or go Rambo & try to shoot you. I can yell it from 100' away or 10' away, it's still the other players option to take it. If one or both players don't realize the other is there, a ref can call a mandatory bunker on one or both players when they get close if he feels it could get ugly. Most guys appreciate the "bunker" offer, if from another player or a ref saving them from getting lit at close range.

This post has been edited by ger: 15 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#27 User is offline   Fear the Reaper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

I run my own field "outlaw" style, started about 5 years ago with 7 of us, and today we average over 30 per day.

My pet peeves are the following. Although none are really that big of a deal. I just enjoy having fun and these are things that start to make it seem like a "job" instead of a fun time with friends.

1. Be on time. Nothing is worse than having 30 guys all chrono'd broken into teams and that one van pulls up with 8 guys that are all late... Now I have to chrono all those guns, and divide into teams again and go over the rules again... You being late just cost us at least 2 games of play.

2. Read my email, the entire thing. I wrote it with all the rules so you would know the rules BEFORE you came to play. I can't believe how many people can't read 3 pages of text. And the regulars get irritated if you break rules that you should have read, or listened to when the rules were covered before the games.

3. spyder paintball guns. Why is it that even with the screw all the way out so that it FALLS out it still shoots over 300 fps. And no, they don't work below freezing.

4. No "born on" dating on paint. If they can do it with beer, why not cartons of paintballs?

5. ebay and craigslist... Seems like every "modified" gun that comes to my field that was purchased on ebay/craigslist doesn't work. So you have a guy all excited to try out his decked out marker and nothing... or it leaks like crazy.

6. Keep your mask on... Is it really that hard. Last game a kid ran toward the flag, and was lit up by 5 people who were guarding the base... He yelled out and ripped off his mask!

Come on put your mask on, as there is paint in the air.

7. Wear a cup. Seriously, ask a doctor, and he will tell you the importance of wearing protection. They see people all the time with serious damage from paintball and seems like everyone is too 'cool' to wear a cup.
"We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates, and accomplish the mission.
I lead by example in all situations...

#28 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostFear the Reaper, on 15 April 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

3. spyder paintball guns. Why is it that even with the screw all the way out so that it FALLS out it still shoots over 300 fps. And no, they don't work below freezing.

4. No "born on" dating on paint. If they can do it with beer, why not cartons of paintballs?

3. Hilarious

4. Very good question
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#29 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

This is brilliant. I an totally dumbfounded that no one has ever thought of this before.

#30 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on 15 April 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

This is brilliant. I an totally dumbfounded that no one has ever thought of this before.

I agree.

As far as peevs go:
1.Wipers (obviously)

2.Barrel Plugs. I love barrel bags, but I hate barrel plugs. They don't stop a paintball, or they shoot out of the barrel. Case in point: This kid shows up with his spyder and he's dorking around while everybody is getting signed up, and somehow his safety came off and he shot his barrel plug out and into the safe area and hit this other kid in the leg. (He got a big chew out and a barrel sock.)
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users